PDA

View Full Version : tuning me car

ade
19-08-03, 01:55 PM
Spoke to the guy I bought my spanky new weber from ref the exhaust and he advised that it wont make that much difference to the tuning - may restrict it a little but not that much to notice so I'm gonna book it in and get it all tuned up ready for trax.

Give it a good proper run (some 6 hours travelling)

Might get there before midnight this year!

:D

mikeoxford
19-08-03, 02:43 PM
make sure u say hello to me this year :x :evil: :wink:

u coming down with mr aragorn?

Dicko
19-08-03, 03:09 PM
everybody is going trax and im not even though i got a ticket :(

ade
20-08-03, 08:50 AM
Mike - yeah as far as I know although aint spoken to him for a bit - both been working...

Dicko - I'll have yer trax ticket off ya! see PM - got a m8 who's dying to come with us in his stunning silk violet gsi

Ben (lurk75)
20-08-03, 11:04 AM
Dicko - I'll have yer trax ticket off ya! see PM - got a m8 who's dying to come with us in his stunning silk violet gsi

Its mine :!:

Dicko
20-08-03, 11:10 AM
if he ever pays for it :wink:

Ben (lurk75)
20-08-03, 11:13 AM
well if you give me your address it would speed the process along a tad :evil:

Jim
20-08-03, 12:14 PM
everybody is going trax and im not even though i got a ticket :(

I'm not going either Dicko, but I'll be thinking of you all whilst im sat on the poolside in Tenerife ;)

Jim

locky
20-08-03, 05:02 PM
What part are u staying at Jim?

novax
20-08-03, 05:51 PM
Ade, you going to bring those lovely prototype models down with you?

ade
21-08-03, 08:49 AM
yeah! The plan is to take pics of peoples cars, get the specs and take orders (maybe even some deposits :) )

Although - I dont think I'll have one completely finished but its nearlyu there - I'm a perfectionist so I keep fannybagging about with it to get all the lines and detail as right as I can. I'll probably bring the master down all wrapped up nice and neat in bubble pack if I cant cast the shell!

So far I've managed to make the GSi front bumber (almost - the lower grill intakes geving me grief!), the mk2 grill sectgion, rear mk2 spoiler, rear bumper and I'm currently working on the rear defuser (old style GTE one) and the side skirts.

I'm off work tomorrow so can crack on with it - then I have Monday off too (most of it anyway) and also next weekend then thats it.

Hoping to get a good cast of it tomorrow.

Dont think I'll have time to detail the bottom but thats not important aty the mo.

ade
24-08-03, 11:09 AM
:(

got me car back from tuning place and turns out my manifld gasket (the one ythat links the carb manifold to the head) has gone

Also my timing was out by 30' !

So now I have even less power and am kangarooing again (for those that remember my probs earlier).

So - too back to get new gasket and get the exhaust manifold fitted cheese gave me for nowt - so should make it all nice and better!