PDA

View Full Version : E16se into a 1.2spi nova spin 1993 model

RyanGorman
29-01-13, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone. Iv got a 1.2spi nova spin and iv also got a rotten vauxhall nova GTE with the e16se engine in it. I am planing on fitting this engine into my nova. Just would like to know what exactly I need to do this, like , wiring, fuel tank and lines, gearboxes and shafts, ect. Iv been wanting to have a project for years and never really done it so year I'm going to do it!
Thanks Ryan :)

meritlover
29-01-13, 04:57 PM
Given that you have a complete donor car there to refer to, just swap what ever bits you need to get it to run.

RyanGorman
29-01-13, 05:26 PM
What about loom do I need the lot including all the wires from the dash or are they separate?

Graeme
29-01-13, 05:29 PM
I'd leave the spi tank in place and just swap the pump for a mpi one

RyanGorman
29-01-13, 05:37 PM
Well iv noticed its a got separate pump beside the tank could I just use this with the spi tank??
Thanks Ryan

Graeme
29-01-13, 05:38 PM
No you either need to fit all the gte lot or just drop a corsa or Astra mpi pump into your existing tank from under the back seat

RyanGorman
29-01-13, 05:41 PM
Ahh right. Yeah I'll just get a mpi pump then it. Cheers mate

Graeme
29-01-13, 06:11 PM
If the gte tank and pump are in good condition they should easily sell for enough to cover a mpi pump

RyanGorman
29-01-13, 06:58 PM
Yeah should do. The pump is brand new by the looks of it. Been looking on the web. Is just the pump I need to change or do I have to replace the whole unit with fuel leave sensor on it and that? Or am I just asking a stupid question? :l

mowgli
29-01-13, 07:04 PM
Yeah should do. The pump is brand new by the looks of it. Been looking on the web. Is just the pump I need to change or do I have to replace the whole unit with fuel leave sensor on it and that? Or am I just asking a stupid question? :l

basically the gte injection tank was designed as an add on.. you can either fit the whole gte tank setup or, for ease, fit the mpi pump from an astra into your tank.. but it needs slightly modifying. you compare it ot the spi one & then cut the inlet to suit.

as for the wiring, please search the electrical section, its been covered literally hundreds of times.

you can keep the 1.2 driveshafts & probably the radiator, everything else is a straight swap from the gte.

RyanGorman
30-01-13, 04:00 AM
Right ok I get it now. Thanks for your help

bazil
30-01-13, 05:42 AM
You might want to upgrade the front brakes to vented items. If you can, use the gte master cylinder and servo, the calipers on the gte might be delco ones which isn't advised using, you want the ATE style ones,

RyanGorman
31-01-13, 10:25 AM
Thanks. Really help a lot thank you

dirtyredtop
31-01-13, 11:30 AM
the wireing is easy the engine loom unplugs under the bonnet think its like a 6 or 8 pin plug. wud u consider selling the gte drive shafts?

mowgli
31-01-13, 01:12 PM
the wireing is easy the engine loom unplugs under the bonnet think its like a 6 or 8 pin plug. wud u consider selling the gte drive shafts?

if only it was easy.. the spi engine has the ecu under the dash, the e16se has its 2 ecu's under the bonnet

Adam
31-01-13, 06:47 PM
Personally i wouldnt touch the SPI loom, as its a right ball-ache and cant be removed without hacking it all out!

Just wire the gte engine in seperately.

RyanGorman
01-02-13, 12:19 PM
Yeah iv already 256mm brakes on it and master/servo. Yeah I think I'm just going to use the GTE loon. I'm using the shafts that already as well. For the loom is it hast case of ripping out the whole spi loom and just using the whole GTE loom?
Thanks everyone for your opinions!