PDA

View Full Version : Dump valve

The Bitch
19-08-03, 01:21 PM
can ya fit a dump valve on a 1.7 TD that has been fitted in a nova, if so wot sort of price am i lookin @ n what type is it tha maks a luvli noise n were can i get one from as me know nufin :Fade-col:

Dave
19-08-03, 02:09 PM
you can get diesel dump valves but they are different to the normal petrol ones an are very pricey

Dicko
19-08-03, 02:37 PM
yup becuz deisels use compression to fire rather than a spark plug they haveto make a special dump valve. and there pretty tricky to fit as far as i know!

Stuart
19-08-03, 04:27 PM
and the louder it is the more power it gives you ;)

Alex
19-08-03, 04:37 PM
:lol:

ydg27
20-08-03, 11:27 AM
there isn't really much point in having a dump valve on a derv because there are no performance gains they just sound the bollox!
i can get them done for ?170 fitting by a guy i know (Chris Collier - caverswall, S-O-T) but you cant use bailey dump valves because they blow off at 1 bar.

have you got a 1.7td nova???
cos i have, just wanna know what you think of them

The Bitch
20-08-03, 12:19 PM
:twisted: Just fitting the bloody fing, let u no when i start it at weekend if itz redi, shud b but luk im avin it will prob blow up!! had to grind bit off block to get gear box on, swopd the cam backin plate for the 1.5 as didnt like look ov the adjuster on the 1.7, gona fit the intercooler over gear box, got a induction kit so i can get rid of the boxes and just have to find somewer 4 th fuel filter??