PDA

View Full Version : Drive shaft popping out - J144LBG

J144LBG
28-01-13, 11:30 AM
Hi all,

I just bought a Nova Redtop J144 LBG. Unsure if any of you know the car, its a black 1.0l spin done as a GSI lookalike and sits on Speedline Allesios. Anyway, having got it home, and took it out for a run with my mate, the driveshaft popped out of the box on the passenger side. I was wondering if there was any reason why it would be doing this, and how to fix it. Car sems to run ok other than that. :)

Help much appreciated

Dave

meritlover
28-01-13, 11:44 AM
sounds like it hasnt been pushed in fully until the circlip catches in the drive pinion.

therealnovaboy
28-01-13, 11:50 AM
Could be a bent TCA. Get it jacked up and check for bent bits.

meritlover
28-01-13, 11:53 AM
is this car stupidly lowered to the extent the driveshaft interferes with the cup during hard cornering or hitting a bump?

remember and check/topup your gearbag oil as most of it is probably now missing.

J144LBG
28-01-13, 01:40 PM
Hi, No, its not that low tbh.

It seemed to have a bit of play yesterday, as in the driveshaft could move about 4mm between box and hub?

It has a worn rear engine mount, would this casue it? What mount do I need to buy for it?

Cheers

John
28-01-13, 03:09 PM
Get the mount fixed ASAP. Is the circlip in good condition?

J144LBG
28-01-13, 03:39 PM
Get the mount fixed ASAP. Is the circlip in good condition?

Hi John, what mount do I need to buy for it, and ill get it asap. My mate said it looked fine, so Im hoping its ok. What if the circlip is not ok, is it a big job to insert another one? cheers

Dave

meritlover
28-01-13, 04:13 PM
buy what ever mount is broken/worn/torn.

John
28-01-13, 05:43 PM
Hi John, what mount do I need to buy for it, and ill get it asap. My mate said it looked fine, so Im hoping its ok. What if the circlip is not ok, is it a big job to insert another one? cheers

Dave
Which bit is broken? The metal mount or the rubber bit? If the circlip is slack the shaft will keep popping out, if it needs a new one its only a case of taking the shaft out

John
28-01-13, 05:46 PM
If you're not sure, host a pic so we can see :)

J144LBG
29-01-13, 08:44 AM
Which bit is broken? The metal mount or the rubber bit? If the circlip is slack the shaft will keep popping out, if it needs a new one its only a case of taking the shaft out

Ill have a look at it at the w.e., as the car is at my mates and I work away during week. Thanks for the replies :)