PDA

View Full Version : sunroof

27-01-13, 10:17 PM
Do all nova gsi have sunroofs?

bazil
27-01-13, 11:19 PM
Yes in the uk

02-02-13, 07:00 PM
I have one, all checks out ok on log book, but has no sunroof, any ideas? Thanks

millworm
02-02-13, 07:46 PM
unlikely but it might have been taken out to be different or it might have had a leak or somthing

Graeme
02-02-13, 08:08 PM
Ringer? Reshell? Get some pictures up

mowgli
02-02-13, 08:18 PM
the group A & group N rally ones won't have a sunroof.. there would have been a delete option. maybe it was destined for a rally build but got cancelled/left on a dock etc...

mowgli
02-02-13, 08:19 PM
also mr newbie, stick a pic of your engine bay up, the turrets should tell if its proper

bazil
02-02-13, 08:24 PM
In this picture look at the circular hole next to the engine mount above the white sticker, see how it's blocked off, if yours is like that then your ok, if it's a hole you can put your finger in then it's probably a ringer :(

Mowgli it's easy to stick a set of plates on the strutt tops, plus mk2 SRI's had them too

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/gsi/6c1400ed.jpg

Leeboo
02-02-13, 09:43 PM
Somebody may have reshelled the car due to eccesive rot at somewhere in its life.

Do all GTE's have a sunroof? I read somewhere that up to H reg, a sunroof was optional. True or false?

bazil
02-02-13, 10:31 PM
Most have sunroofs, many very early GTE's on an E reg didn't have one due to homologation issues,

jimbob-mcgrew
02-02-13, 11:26 PM
just to clarify... whats a ringer ?

and bazil, where did you get that plate, you ringer cheating cut and shut repair man lol

bazil
02-02-13, 11:44 PM
A ringer is a shell that has another vehicles parts and reg plate put on it,

The shell does not have to be a stolen shell to be ringer,

So if I bought a bare shell and put my silver gsi parts on it and the H288 CGG plate then it's a ringer even tho all the parts are legal and not stolen.

Leeboo
03-02-13, 12:01 AM

So if I bought a bare shell and put my silver gsi parts on it and the H288 CGG plate then it's a ringer even tho all the parts are legal and not stolen.

And so this then means that any 'reshell' which uses the original car's ID etc is a ringer? Which i assume is illegal?

Just wondering because I'm sure I've seen the odd old car pop up for sale with the admission of it being re-shelled, included in the ad.

novacabrio
03-02-13, 12:03 AM

Like taking a base spec say brown Nova and making it white and adding sport bits?

bazil
03-02-13, 12:09 AM
And so this then means that any 'reshell' which uses the original car's ID etc is a ringer? Which i assume is illegal?

Just wondering because I'm sure I've seen the odd old car pop up for sale with the admission of it being re-shelled, included in the ad.

Reshelling is fine, if you use the shells vin number and reg number

If you use the donor cars reg on the shell then it's iffy,

Kids today don't know of the rining culture of the 80's and 90's

If 50 stop you and check the vin number against the reg and it doesn't match the car will be taken off you, sent for a Vic check

Mark, that's just a wrong one from start to finish, I have very strong opinions on that car!

Leeboo
03-02-13, 12:35 AM
Reshelling is fine, if you use the shells vin number and reg number

If you use the donor cars reg on the shell then it's iffy,

Kids today don't know of the rining culture of the 80's and 90's

If 50 stop you and check the vin number against the reg and it doesn't match the car will be taken off you, sent for a Vic check

Mark, that's just a wrong one from start to finish, I have very strong opinions on that car!

Ah, I get you now!

Anybody who puts different reg plates onto a car that still has old chassis numbers displayed deserves to be caught tbh!

bazil
03-02-13, 12:40 AM
Yup, some weld in the floor numbers too, then say " but the shell wasn't stolen so it's legal "

Hmm ok

brainsnova
03-02-13, 01:19 AM
It's funny when you see an ad and it's a reshell but no mention of the new number plate lol