PDA

View Full Version : Directional tyres

marc69
26-01-13, 10:52 PM
I was swapping my front tyres for the rears today and noticed that they all have the wee directional arrow.

Unfortuantely they all go the same way meaning the passenger ones are the wrong way. I have used the car all year like this, they are marangoni 185s.

Is it worth the bother and expense of removing the wheels and getting the passenger tyres reversed and rebalanced?

conza123
26-01-13, 10:56 PM
its an mot failer to have wrongly fitted tyres and would defo help in wet all being fitted right

andy_mk3
26-01-13, 10:57 PM
Never heard of maragori, do you mean Marangoni maybe?

Either way, they are directional for a reason, so yet, get them swapped round. It's also an MOT fail.

Spudly
27-01-13, 09:19 AM
As above, you really want them the correct way as one side will not be gripping properly (if at all) as the tread patterns are designed to grip and channel water and such away so the tread will bite the road, if youre driving in wet conditions the water will be pushed the wrong way and the tyre will have even less grip!

Stuart
27-01-13, 09:21 AM
It won't kill you or those around you but it is an official no no.

You can run directionals the wrong way without the world end but the characteristics are rather different. And that is usually when running the wrong way on the same axel.

John
27-01-13, 09:37 AM
Insurance assessors don't like it either on the event of an accident.

mowgli
27-01-13, 09:43 AM
I was swapping my front tyres for the rears today and noticed that they all have the wee directional arrow.

Unfortuantely they all go the same way meaning the passenger ones are the wrong way. I have used the car all year like this, they are marangoni 185s.

Is it worth the bother and expense of removing the wheels and getting the passenger tyres reversed and rebalanced?

take them back to the place that fitted them & point it out