PDA

View Full Version : nurburgring

chrisd1986
26-01-13, 09:08 PM
has anyone ever been? im thinking of doing it this year but would prefer to go with somone who has been before as i wouldnt have a clue on how to get there and its definatly somthing any petrol head should do before they die

paul james
26-01-13, 09:18 PM
I did it a few years back, one of the best things I've ever done, so much fun. I wouldn't say you need to go with someone who has been there before, but obviously you'll have a better time if you go with somebody to share the experience with. I managed to drive all the way there and back without too much getting lost, and that was when I didn't have a sat nav, and I'm terrible for finding my way. Took a tent with us and stayed at camp sites in France and Belgium on the way and at the site next to the circuit, didn't book anything just chanced it.

What I would recommend, if you haven't done it already, is play a game with the ring on it. I played Gran Turismo before going and it really helped as I could recognise a lot of it and thus have more confidence about pushing the car hard.

chrisd1986
26-01-13, 09:45 PM
sweet ive got a tent and i ps2 gathering dust i now need to find a car to do it in as i want more punch than a 1.2 nova lol. it wont be for a few months as im class 2 hgv licence next month but im determand to do it this year after my golf blowing up last year