PDA

View Full Version : Opel Monza Gsi replacement pipes

VineshN
24-01-13, 10:14 AM
Hi, I have an 1992 Opel Monza 160 Gsi from South Africa. The engine and fuel injection setup is similar to the Nova GTE/GSI. Mine is an E16SE with an aircon. My car has been standing for a while and Im trying to get it back into new condition. I noticed recently while changing the aircon that the pipe going into the AAV is cracked. One of the pipes that warms the throttle body was rotted and was blanked off at some stage. The other pipes looks like they are very weak. They are 20 years old after all. These pipes are not available here as the car is too old and there are very few still on the road. Is there any place in UK etc that sells the original pipes or good quality replacements?

John
24-01-13, 12:17 PM
Post up a pic of what you need? Afaik no e16se in the uk had ac?

Southie
24-01-13, 12:37 PM
Get yourself another GSI bought ;) CLICKYME (http://johannesburg.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Vehicles-cars-MINT-CONDITION-MONZA-160-GSI-W0QQAdIdZ449856567)

Graeme
24-01-13, 12:39 PM
Nice belly

Southie
24-01-13, 12:40 PM
£2000 in our money so not bad lol

VineshN
25-01-13, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the suggession Southie I was just looking for the pipes and not a whole car lol. Especially not a car that is older than mine like this one is. Pipes are probably in worse shape. The price this guy wants is also very very optimistic for this car since they have no resale value here and this one seems to be missing the aircon as well.