PDA

View Full Version : PPI claims

pete17
22-01-13, 03:58 PM
Hi has anyone on here claimed back ther miss sold pp insurance back and actually won any money back? i just you see all these ads on the telly banging on about it, just wondered if it can actually be worth giving one of the companies a ring? i know you can done it yourself but iam far to idle for thatlollollol

Stuart
22-01-13, 04:06 PM
dont use a company, they will take a lot of the cash you 'get'

Just do it yourself and net all the cash....
I've not done it as I dont fancy the bank closing my account and asking for all the money I owe them, like when people claimed the unfair charges back and had their accounts shut lol

womble sri
22-01-13, 04:09 PM
My girlfriends brother got back £7k and I have heard of a few people that have won money back. I dont think its a scam (unless they try to take money from you first) but more the compaies trying to make a sale as there is a lot of business to be had out there. Saying that I have had several loans but am normally quite careful not to take out the PPI as I was in a secure job at thee time.

There are however a lot of scams out there that ask you to pay a small fee so they can investigate your case and then take it and you never hear from them. I know of several (dumbass) people who have fallen for that too!

womble sri
22-01-13, 04:11 PM
dont use a company, they will take a lot of the cash you 'get'

Just do it yourself and net all the cash....
I've not done it as I dont fancy the bank closing my account and asking for all the money I owe them, like when people claimed the unfair charges back and had their accounts shut lol

Like stu says DIY there are plenty of guides on the net.

Stu have you heard of banks doing that once people have claimed there PPI back? I have claimed back bank charges of all sorts on many occasions and not had any bother.

pete17
22-01-13, 04:13 PM
so they are allowed to close your account:eek::eek: but i have never used my bank for loans as i had poor credit history:( so my bank account would be safe???:confused:

Stuart
22-01-13, 04:13 PM
not heard of it from ppi (maybe lots didnt have it via their bank and maybe now they are too scared to shut accounts for the backlash), but had heard of accounts being closed or services being heavily restricted after the charges thing some years back.

Edd
22-01-13, 04:14 PM
i know quite a few people who have successfully claimed back cash

here is a guide that i know people have followed

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Jack
22-01-13, 05:46 PM
I know one or two who were successful too. I'd say only go for it if a) you claim it yourself using a guide OR using a reputable company and b) you're certain you've paid it in the past (you must have records that will show it, or T&Cs stating it was paid). Going in blind is probably the worst way to go about it.

I get the odd text/call/email about it but I've always declined PPI or had it removed on the couple loans I had in the past.

Keif
22-01-13, 05:47 PM
i know quite a few people who have successfully claimed back cash

here is a guide that i know people have followed

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Was just about to post the same link. Excellent advice, plus all the links/numbers you need.

Do not use a company, they do take a %age of what rightfully yours.
You can claim by phone direct to your bank. Give them the details and they will do the rest. Write down why you think you were mis-sold the PPI and stick to the reason.

so they are allowed to close your account:eek::eek: but i have never used my bank for loans as i had poor credit history:( so my bank account would be safe???:confused:

Nope, not going to either. You can complain about mis-sold PPI and carry on using your account, they legally cannot close it.

For the sake of a phonecall and waiting a couple of months, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Here's a picture of 3 of my 5 PPI Claims.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i124/Keif_1974/Cars/Meriva%20VXR/MerivaVXR1.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i124/Keif_1974/Cars/Meriva%20VXR/MerivaVXR2.jpg

I'd say only go for it if a) you claim it yourself using a guide OR using a reputable company and b) you're certain you've paid it in the past (you must have records that will show it, or T&Cs stating it was paid). Going in blind is probably the worst way to go about it.

Can't emphasise enough DO NOT USE A CLAIM COMPANY reputable or not, do it yourself.

You don't need any records of anything. I had a few loans (from the same bank) and had no records if I paid PPI or not. One letter to the banks loan department, they sent me all the details I needed, one phone call and every loan that had PPI was claimed for (and paid out)
I've also "gone in blind" on a BarclayCard i've had for years, I have no information on the card, and they've registered a complaint and it's still processing through.

Alex J
22-01-13, 05:49 PM
i used a company as i couldnt be ****ed to chase , even if i got a pound i would be up lol, ended up getting 2k , money for nothing imo lol

pete17
22-01-13, 05:53 PM
Yes reakon iam going to give it a go tomorrow, but have a ring around and use a company to do it for me as iam to idle to do it myself, plus if the take 30% of what i get (if any) its more than what ive got without doing it:thumb:

pete17
22-01-13, 05:55 PM
i used a company as i couldnt be ****ed to chase , even if i got a pound i would be up lol, ended up getting 2k , money for nothing imo lol

who did you use????:)

Paul
22-01-13, 05:58 PM
Ive just had an offer through. £500 for signung a bit of paper-WINNER

Keif
22-01-13, 06:01 PM
Yes reakon iam going to give it a go tomorrow, but have a ring around and use a company to do it for me as iam to idle to do it myself, plus if the take 30% of what i get (if any) its more than what ive got without doing it:thumb:

You're missing a very important point here.

You have two options.

1. Make one phonecall to a company and give them details of your loan/CC and if you get your money back they'll take money you're entitled too

2. Make one phonecall to your bank, give them details of you loan/CC and if you get your money back, you'll get to keep it all.

One phonecall is all it takes, you don't HAVE to fill a PPI claim form and send it in. Just ring your bank.
Numbers for each banks PPI Claim department are in the link Edd posted.

Alex J
22-01-13, 06:09 PM
Ive just had an offer through. £500 for signung a bit of paper-WINNERthis lol

who did you use????:)

one of them ropy firms that cold call you lol

pete17
22-01-13, 06:12 PM
You're missing a very important point here.

You have two options.

1. Make one phonecall to a company and give them details of your loan/CC and if you get your money back they'll take money you're entitled too

2. Make one phonecall to your bank, give them details of you loan/CC and if you get your money back, you'll get to keep it all.

One phonecall is all it takes, you don't HAVE to fill a PPI claim form and send it in. Just ring your bank.
Numbers for each banks PPI Claim department are in the link Edd posted.

ok ok ok i will try this tomorrow! jesus your worse than my mum lollollollollollollol
thanks for the advise:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Keif
22-01-13, 06:15 PM
lol, only want you to get all what you're entitled to.

(Pics of your Mum so I can compare?)

pete17
22-01-13, 06:31 PM
lol, only want you to get all what you're entitled to.

(Pics of your Mum so I can compare?)

unable to post pics of my mum unless everyone has eye bleech readylollollol not saying shes fat and ugly but ....she islollollollollol

(thank god my mum doesnt know how to get on here)lollollollol

skud52
22-01-13, 06:47 PM
just to clarify, i have 3 credeit cards with 3 different lenders, should i ring each of them and state that i believe i have been mis sold ppi and that i would like to make a claim, or do i just contact my bank and thy sort it all??

Keif
22-01-13, 07:40 PM
skud, you'll need to ring the 3 different lenders PPI Claims department. If you go to your bank, all they'll do is tell you to ring each lender anyway.

skud52
22-01-13, 08:11 PM
thats cool, ive been meaning to do it for a while

womble sri
22-01-13, 09:09 PM
I just filled in o e of the online forms with my bank (who is also my lender) ill keep you posted how I get on although I'm pretty sure I've not taken any out

Stuart
23-01-13, 07:26 AM
Keif, a bank can legally close your account (or at least ask for any outstanding owed money and then close) whenever they like for any reason at all. They are providing a service, its not like they HAVE to give you the products you use for 'free' is it.

pete17
23-01-13, 02:24 PM
been on with this today and it is quite simple cheers Keif;)
what shocked me more is how much i had borrowed in loans over the last 10 years (which is now paid off) 36k:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: no wonder i was always skint!!!!! glad i am now abit more sensible (well not that sensible besause i still want another nova)lollollollollol

Keif
23-01-13, 02:45 PM
Keif, a bank can legally close your account (or at least ask for any outstanding owed money and then close) whenever they like for any reason at all. They are providing a service, its not like they HAVE to give you the products you use for 'free' is it.

Correct, but not because you claim against Mis-sold PPI on a Loan or Credit Card with the bank. It would be for other reasons and not connected to PPI.

They have legal obligations to fulfil due to mis-sold PPI!

Stuart
23-01-13, 03:25 PM
Correct, but not because you claim against Mis-sold PPI on a Loan or Credit Card with the bank. It would be for other reasons and not connected to PPI.

They have legal obligations to fulfil due to mis-sold PPI!

Indeed, but they could 'randomly' decide to close an account after a claim... they be sneaky buggers lol

rubachuk
23-01-13, 05:21 PM
Another vote here for the moneysavingexpert link posted earlier.

I followed their advice and ended up with £2.2k back. It was a good result considering I didn't have any of the loan or PPI details and I was outside the 6 years that they have to keeps records for after the policy is settled! The only thing I had going for me was I took the loan out with my bank so I knew the account number that the loan was repaid from.

silk violet
23-01-13, 08:16 PM
i had a bank loan and also is my bank account... not quite sure if i had been miss sold ppi, but still paying back my loan can i apply still....???

Keif
23-01-13, 08:53 PM
Yep, if your loan is still active it makes no difference to a PPI claim. Obviously when you claim, the PPI on the loan will be cancelled.