PDA

View Full Version : I'm free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turbojolt
21-01-13, 06:27 PM
handed in my letter of resignation with immediate effect.

im finally free of there backhannded tactics and loads of there brown nosing back stabbing staff!

going to the job center tomorow to see if i can get some temp work till i get another metering job, this is such a weight of my shoulders

Connor
21-01-13, 06:39 PM
Fairplay to you, i couldn't walk out of a job with another already sorted.

pete17
21-01-13, 06:54 PM
Takes some balls that TJ without another job lined up, but if you aint happy , good on you !!!!!!

chrisd1986
21-01-13, 06:57 PM
i know the relief of leaving a **** job, but i was out of work for 3 months till i got work through a agency im now a bin man and beleve it or not i love it and its the best job ive had

turbojolt
21-01-13, 07:16 PM
all my bills are paid till late next month and i have enough money to pay the next load (only just) aswell, me and my bird talked to her dad and her nan and there more then willing to help us out if worst come to worse, they all knew how unhappy i was the job was killing me! and if i didnt quit they were going to fire me the way it was going

i decided i would rather clean toilets then stay there, i will take anything on untill another metering job comes up now, anyone need there toilet cleaned? lol

i love that i got in there before they could get rid of me, the look on there face was priceless i hannded it in to my old manager and i know she didnt like me and wanted me gone aswell, the jobs done alot for me tbh it helped me get out of london like i wanted to for so long, got me qulified to do something other then push a broom about or sell fruit and veg, made some great mates there aswell, some of the lads were such a laught

p.s got 10 ltrs of 10w/40 before i jacked it in aswell lol

phunkynova
21-01-13, 07:22 PM
TJ I hope you find your self a good job soon, all the best in find a new place to work

vx kev
21-01-13, 07:29 PM
Take some doing to jack a job but if you aint happy you aint happy, when you consider how much time you spend at work, thats a lot of time to be unhappy and take other peoples sh*t. Good on you!
Its always great moment of satisfaction to tell someone that thinks you need them more than they need you to go ram their job and their sh***y attitude lol

Keif
21-01-13, 07:29 PM
Takes some balls, but in the long run got to be the best option the way you were being treated.

Time to move on and be happy!

Danny mul
21-01-13, 08:06 PM
My work had Me miles away from my two little ones and women Monday to Friday.
Worked there 2years now and gave in my notice 3 weeks ago.
This is my last week.
I havnt got a job lined up which is a little scary but feck it.

Rather be poor and content than let others into my head and kill my days.
You never know when your time is so happiness is the best wealth.

Fare play to ya fella and best of luck finding another job:thumb:

mowgli
21-01-13, 08:54 PM
sorry, but did anyone else think of this??

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLc9FkgQNK5L1R8qfUwk3l0BVfhc_nW oG-O-RKueF14cpAMPgO

leggattr
21-01-13, 08:56 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLc9FkgQNK5L1R8qfUwk3l0BVfhc_nW oG-O-RKueF14cpAMPgO

+1

Spudly
21-01-13, 08:57 PM

Lmfao, unfortunately Mike, ill bet not many actually know the reference there lol

(obviously i do :d)

mowgli
21-01-13, 09:06 PM
what???? next, i suppose you'll be telling me that they haven't heard of mrs slocombe's pussy too..

(even though it got mentioned in the 'pirates! in an adventure with scientists')

http://www.empireonline.com/images/uploaded/Pirates-Mrs-Slocombes-Cat.jpg

mowgli
21-01-13, 09:10 PM
anyway tj, thank god you are no longer there.

i wish you good luck in getting a decent employer for your next job.

Edd
21-01-13, 09:17 PM
No idea at all wtf Mowgli is on about........ lol

But good luck with finding a job your happy with TJ, I have done the same years ago, if you ain't happy you got to leave IMO

marc69
21-01-13, 09:19 PM
Good for you, definately the right decision, why make life worse than it is lol

I stuck a job I hated for 4 years looking every Friday afternoon online for other jobs (in front of my boss). That was 7 years ago but looking back, I should have jacked it in because it did make me more miserable than I already am.

mowgli
21-01-13, 09:19 PM
mr humphries, was a character in the smash hit sitcome that ran from '72 to '85 called 'are you being served?'

tj's thread title also happened to be his catchprase

pete17
21-01-13, 09:21 PM
Lmfao, unfortunately Mike, ill bet not many actually know the reference there lol

LOL god dam it im as old as you lot, that was one of my first thoughts @ IM FREE !!!!!!! lol

marc69
21-01-13, 09:25 PM
mr humphries, was a character in the smash hit sitcome that ran from '72 to '85 called 'are you being served?'

tj's thread title also happened to be his catchprase

Now I get it!

meritlover
21-01-13, 09:30 PM
iam glad you are no longer servicing boilers. Good luck on the new series of Are You Being Served?

or so i have pieced together from this thread.

mowgli
21-01-13, 09:36 PM
iam glad you are no longer servicing boilers

his mrs is actually quite attractive

brainsnova
21-01-13, 09:43 PM
How to fix an old boiler - buy more nova bits and give her the finger

turbojolt
21-01-13, 09:43 PM
his mrs is actually quite attractive

he aint lying

Jeff16v
21-01-13, 09:52 PM
Congrats TJ, What are the plans, any particular type of work?

turbojolt
21-01-13, 10:06 PM
Ive got a interview with npower doing what i was for bg but have to wait for the end date for the interviews to start, i stand a good chance there as I'm a former bg employee (that wasn't fired ;)) and I'm dual fuel so they wont have to go to the expense of upskill training me

other then that I'm looking for what ever temp work is available, as long as it pays the bills im fine with doing anything

bazzap8389
21-01-13, 10:19 PM
Fingers crossed your interview goes well and you get the job then bud!

brainsnova
21-01-13, 10:26 PM
You'll get the new job no problem :thumb:

Alex J
22-01-13, 05:55 PM
i love telling a boss to **** off, i wont work for c++ts.

mowgli
22-01-13, 05:57 PM
i love telling a boss to **** off, i wont work for c++ts.

i thought you were self employed....... lol lol

Jack
22-01-13, 06:48 PM
Pics of mrs or gtfo

brainsnova
22-01-13, 07:45 PM
Pics of mrs or gtfo

Not worth the wait lol

Archie
22-01-13, 11:42 PM
I dont enjoy my work, but put it with it for the sake of being able to eat and drive.

I just apply for other jobs when i see them.

womble sri
22-01-13, 11:55 PM
Does take some balls to jack with nothing on the horizon! I left my job in June last year, worked there for 6 years. Was a good job, good money and I did kind of enjoy it. It was stressful and I was always frustrated seeing the amount of money I was actually making for someone else and that a few % of that profit was about my salary and felt I should of been paid more. Unfortunately we used to get a standard pay rise which we joked was linked to years of service.

Anyway I jacked and started my own business and now making money for myself, albeit not the hundreds of thousands I was! Anyway it was the best decision I have ever made as I'm less stressed, my own boss and making more than I was working for someone else. I wouldn't of been able to do the job I do now without the experience I gained with my previous employer.

Good luck with the job interview and hopefully you will find that the grass is greener as I did! (Topical pun as I now cut grass lol)

womble sri
22-01-13, 11:58 PM
I dont enjoy my work, but put it with it for the sake of being able to eat and drive.

I just apply for other jobs when i see them.

Think that is the trouble with the culture in the uk live to work not work to live. You spend probably 70% of your conscious life at work so need to do something you enjoy, that's what I always say to my pals that complain about there jobs as it tends to take a toll on you.

Archie
23-01-13, 12:08 AM
Think that is the trouble with the culture in the uk live to work not work to live. You spend probably 70% of your conscious life at work so need to do something you enjoy, that's what I always say to my pals that complain about there jobs as it tends to take a toll on you.

Aye i've noticed a bit of a change in myself over the past year for the worse i'd say, working for buttons and always expected to be putting in 100%, i sent out a few CVs at the turn of the year as i dont want to be there come this time next year, it was only supposed to be a temporary job as well lol.

womble sri
23-01-13, 12:16 AM
Aye i've noticed a bit of a change in myself over the past year for the worse i'd say, working for buttons and always expected to be putting in 100%, i sent out a few CVs at the turn of the year as i dont want to be there come this time next year, it was only supposed to be a temporary job as well lol.

Yeah it's always the way and it really is a buyers market out there and most are lucky to be in work at the moment! Saying that I have still come across many people that feel like they are owed a job and that they are doing the employer a favour when really there sh1t at the job, lazy and do the bare minimum and know it. These kind of people need a wake up an no one would wish unemployment on anyone but there are tens of thousands of hard working loyal and willing people out there that are out of work.

Archie
23-01-13, 01:23 AM
Aye i've been out of work before and its not a nice place to be!

brainsnova
23-01-13, 01:43 AM
When I got paid off from my first proper job at the end of the 90's I was happy, more time to spend out in my 1.3 sr

turbojolt
23-01-13, 09:26 AM
maybe i should put some reference behind this so people dont just think Ive jacked it in to go sit on the dole

i came back to work from a long term injury, the 2nd day i was back they started hounding me for over £2000 overpayment's (to this day they never have shown me where these overpayment's were, and dragged there hills all the way) i had to get the union involved, which pissed my manager and his manager (a angry northern dike of a women, with more hair on her chin then mine)

while that was happening they pulled me in for so bull**** written on facebook, they asked for proof i never wrote it so i brought them a signed letter of confession with a phone number if they wanted to talk to this person, they didn't bother ringing it they just gave me a written warning (they found i was appealing against this manager, managers manager and coach now pissed off)

my coach (never has liked me after i showed him up for talking to me in a demeaning manor shouting his mouth off, for no reason) in his spare time went around checking all my work since i came back with my injury, and found a sealing wire missing (there are meant to be 2 but there was only one feed between the 2, its a perfectly safe way of doing it its how the dno do it ffs) so i was suspended awaiting a investigation

my coach then went on to report me for not doing all my work, i left a cage full of stock at the pickup, as i had no room on the van for it all, this was approved by someone else and logistics, got pulled in to another meeting for this and i was looking at another written warning according to the 2 guys there from the union with me who wanted to fight it but it didn't look to good due to the other sanctions against me, as they also added that i never showed up to a job but said i did on my computer (aka i put in the wrong code)

2 written warnings would mean i would have been dismissed, i couldnt take anymore of there **** its worn me down to much i was drinking way to much again the doctor was trying to put me on pills for stress so i ****ed it off!

ive had more then these problems aswell but cant be arsed to write them all out, better off just forgetting all the **** and focusing on what im going to do next :)

Edd
23-01-13, 09:44 AM
Suprised you left without knocking a few people out tbh mate

turbojolt
23-01-13, 09:54 AM
Surprised you left without knocking a few people out tbh mate

there all grasses i would be in a cell while there sat at home with a bruised ego (and face lol), they were effectly bulling me the only way they could the coach likes to put it about like he is hard, but i was told by loads of the lads he was scared of me, thats why he wanted me gone he knew i would pull him apart the faggit

the day he started giving it the big one i was sat in the van and he was getting mouthy in front of everyone (trying to look the big one), so i got out the van and he stopped, i said to him want do you want to do, he looked at his feet and in front of everyone i told him to **** off and go sit it the corner and he did the ****ing pussy, it was the first time anyone stood up to him on that patch, this is why he had to do everything behind my back emails and secret phone calls becuase he knew i wouldnt take it like the others i would just ping him out!

TeddyThom
23-01-13, 10:08 AM

I got that reference and I'm only a young'un lollollol

Anyways, good luck TJ, hope you find something better to do!! :thumb:

Archie
23-01-13, 10:43 AM
Aye theres nothing worse than working with a bunch of cunts who stick you in it constantly.

Reading this has given me a further urge to jobhunt while i'm off on holiday for the week.