PDA

View Full Version : c20xe high idle

nova_pipi
20-01-13, 04:11 PM
hi all, iv tried to have a look on the internet to try and find out my problem but i can't really seem to find anything that describes exactly my problem, the idle on my c20xe keeps being very random, the idle has started going from 1500 to 2200, it doesn't happen all the time as sometimes the revs go back down to normal but then keep going back up, it doesnt affect how it drives but doesn't seem to healthy on start up, another thing is on start up the revs go up to 1500 then drop back down when the idling is normal, i dont know if these two problems are related but thought i would ask, i tried changing the icv for a spare one i had which seemed to work at first but then the car would not start unless i had my foot on the accelerator pedal on start up so i changed back to the old icv.
any ideas would be great :thumb:
thanks, phil

meritlover
20-01-13, 07:41 PM
sounds like a CTS issue. check the real values from the sensor and check all the vac hoses.

Pistol Pete
20-01-13, 07:48 PM
Try checking your earths and re setting the TPS.

Slackened the screws and listen for the faint "click" just as the throttle flap opens.

meritlover
20-01-13, 07:51 PM
good point. but check the TB is clean first and not covered in black gunge around the butterfly which would stop the TPS returning to fully closed.

Pistol Pete
20-01-13, 07:55 PM
Only reason i suggested this, is i had similar idle troubles. Knew the TB etc was clean as the whole engine was a strip down rebuild. Turned out the earths on the fuel rail were loose as was the one on the chassis leg and by resetting the TPS it ran sweet!

Nobby
20-01-13, 08:31 PM
air leak?

nova_pipi
20-01-13, 08:34 PM
I thought it could have been the cts but I changed it before and still have the same problem, I also cleaned the throttle body butterfly flap too, how would I reset the tps? I'll check the earths on the fuel rail too and see if there loose or dirty

Pistol Pete
20-01-13, 08:35 PM
how would I reset the tps?

See my quote.

nova_pipi
20-01-13, 08:47 PM
oh yes sorry i didn't see your quote, thanks

nova_pipi
21-01-13, 09:48 PM
I went to reset the tps today but it didnt have elongated holes so it couldn't be moved, I had the car plugged in today too but no fault codes came up so it must be an air leak but just not to sure where from as I can't seem to hear any leaks anywhere