PDA

View Full Version : engine bay strengthening xe

marc69
20-01-13, 11:26 AM
my 2.0 xe has had the engine mounts solid welded, turrets stitch welded and the antiroll bar brackets lowered.

I have seen some pics here of some amazing strengthening jobs done.

Is this enough strengthening? If not, what is the minimum I can get away with, I will not be able to take the engine etc out.

The car will be used a little on the road and approximately 10 track days a year.

blue_peg_16v
20-01-13, 11:37 AM
My saloon has never seen a welder and has been big block for 10 years with regular drag strip and track action with no problems

Iain
20-01-13, 11:38 AM
Are the rest of the seams in the engine bay stitch welded or just the turrets? Along the chassis legs and down the back?

marc69
20-01-13, 11:40 AM
I can't see down the back, ie where the gear linkages etc all come through and so on, I don't think any other seams in the bay arre stitch welded, I can access the inner wings bits if trhey do need stitch welding.

marc69
20-01-13, 11:44 AM
My saloon has never seen a welder and has been big block for 10 years with regular drag strip and track action with no problems

This car was done a few years back from the paperwork and nothing looks torn yet but perhaps the last driver drove carefully...with an xe?

nova_stee
20-01-13, 12:01 PM
I just strip the car completly weld the plates in and stitch every seams in the shell lol bit ott but do it once then never have to do it again

Balley
20-01-13, 04:05 PM
If it hasn't been done done the bulk head just do the inner arch side instead. TBH though it wont need it. cross member and mounts would be the only thing I would worry about!