PDA

View Full Version : childs car seats...

Alex J
19-01-13, 06:11 PM
ok , what do people use in there novas, what model fits the best etc, im on the look out for a new one, recaros are not the best btw lol

Tanya.
19-01-13, 06:13 PM
The twins have o'baby car seats and Daniel has a Nania car seat

mowgli
19-01-13, 06:17 PM
merris, buy the most expensive you can afford, and get them fitted properly.

the nova rear seats come forward rather easily with a fairly minor impact, so securing them properly to the seatbelt points is imperative.

chrisd1986
19-01-13, 06:37 PM

the nova rear seats come forward rather easily with a fairly minor impact, so securing them properly to the seatbelt points is imperative.

I dont have that problem in my saloon but i do have a recaro for my eldest which im happier with than the brittax prince which i dont feel comfortable with what so ever

Alex J
19-01-13, 06:40 PM

the nova rear seats come forward rather easily with a fairly minor impact, so securing them properly to the seatbelt points is imperative.i AlWAYS buy the best for the nippa, just need to know what fits the best in the back , i did have a recaro young sport seat, but it didnt sit well and was loose with the thing strapped down as tight as i could go!

mowgli
19-01-13, 06:42 PM
it might be worth seeing if anyone does a bracket kit for those snap fit ones. as much as i love novas, the rear structure was hardly built for kiddy seats.. the belts were pretty much an afterthought.

camels toe
19-01-13, 07:21 PM
We`ve bought recaro`s for our two kids,four seats in total so far. By a long way the best and we looked at loads before making our minds up.Feel really well made with lots of padding.Alot heavier too and sturdy.
When you fit them put your knees into the bottom of the seat and push down as hard as you can,then pull the lap part of the belt as tight as poss.Then pull the shoulder part tight and lock.That was it shouldn`t wobble at all.You cant move ours at all in the astra or corsa.

Alex J
19-01-13, 07:28 PM
We`ve bought recaro`s for our two kids,four seats in total so far. By a long way the best and we looked at loads before making our minds up.Feel really well made with lots of padding.Alot heavier too and sturdy.
When you fit them put your knees into the bottom of the seat and push down as hard as you can,then pull the lap part of the belt as tight as poss.Then pull the shoulder part tight and lock.That was it shouldn`t wobble at all.You cant move ours at all in the astra or corsa.do you have one in a nova??

nova_stee
19-01-13, 08:23 PM
As much as i love driving my nova i love my daughter alot more and would never take her in it there a tin can that dont take well to any impact.

camels toe
19-01-13, 09:01 PM
No mines a mk2 astra so not munch difference in the rear seat really.

Graeme
19-01-13, 09:21 PM
We have a maxi cosi axis and love the side entry of it when she is in the front but the seat has to be quiet far forward when she is in the back

chrisd1986
19-01-13, 09:24 PM
do you have one in a nova??

I dont like the recaro in the nova so i do tend to use the britax as it sits better due to the way that it reclines and it fits tigbter to my nova seat

Stuart
20-01-13, 09:20 AM
Recaro make nice "fashion" seats IMHO but I'd never ever put my child in one.

Maxi cosi or Concord, done.

camels toe
20-01-13, 09:28 AM
We loked at the maxi cosy and compared to the recaro they felt crap.They werent half as sturdy and didnt feel as strong.Hardly weighed anything compared to the recaro either.Never heard of concord though.
Had a mate who bought a brand new maxi cosy and he could pull the bottom part off the seat,so it split in two.When he took it back the woman said they were all like that and he had a right arguement to get his money back.It was one that you use the car seatbelt for rather than the harness.Wouldnt fancy my kids in one tbh.

novalew
20-01-13, 10:32 AM
The twins have o'baby car seats and Daniel has a Nania car seat

I use a nania one too.

Pistol Pete
20-01-13, 07:44 PM
I looked at the Recaro Youngsport, but it didnt fit our car. We have the Maxi Cosi Tobi i think it is. Awesome seat. Fits well, and will suit our son until 3/4 years!!

This one...

http://www.pushchairsandcarseats.co.uk/images/xt_pics/maxicosi_tobi_phantom.jpg

My mum bought the exact same one as has a good friend of ours. Highly recommended.

IMHO those Nania seats are death seats. Misses' nephew has one. Or had one should i say. I kicked off one weekend when he stayed with us. Said that the seat was a death trap. Next day they bought a new one. Just seem really cheap seats. Dont like the way they fix in either.

chrisd1986
20-01-13, 08:29 PM
I looked at the Recaro Youngsport, but it didnt fit our car. We have the Maxi Cosi Tobi i think it is. Awesome seat. Fits well, and will suit our son until 3/4 years!!

This one...

http://www.pushchairsandcarseats.co.uk/images/xt_pics/maxicosi_tobi_phantom.jpg

My mum bought the exact same one as has a good friend of ours. Highly recommended.

IMHO those Nania seats are death seats. Misses' nephew has one. Or had one should i say. I kicked off one weekend when he stayed with us. Said that the seat was a death trap. Next day they bought a new one. Just seem really cheap seats. Dont like the way they fix in either.

my mum bought the same for in her car aswell, its a realy well built seat

Stuart
20-01-13, 08:32 PM
Fits just about every car in the uk too.

We now have a ferrofix for Amber as she's big enough for the 3-x time frame.

Pistol Pete
20-01-13, 08:34 PM
Fits just about every car in the uk too.

Another reason we bought it. Versatility is a must. Easy to fit but still very secure.

novalovingned
20-01-13, 08:42 PM
As much as i love driving my nova i love my daughter alot more and would never take her in it there a tin can that dont take well to any impact.

Totally agree. I just wouldn't take the chance. Lets face it, novas are thin tin rot boxes designed in a era where safety wasn't really an issue!