PDA

View Full Version : x16xe wiring help

jabba dee
19-01-13, 02:42 PM
hii all im wondering if i dont run a spi ecu beacuse my car was originaly a 1.2 8v carbed where do i run the wires too??

meritlover
19-01-13, 05:30 PM
if you dont run an SPI ecu then you wont have to run wires to it.

therealnovaboy
19-01-13, 06:03 PM
Even if i did tell you, I dont think you have grasped the english language enough to understand my answer.

jabba dee
20-01-13, 03:20 AM
erm maybe beacuse i cant spell that well dusnt mean to say im a retard so no need to go on like that is their?? maybe u dont grasp the fact some lads do have learning disabilitys

mowgli
20-01-13, 09:40 AM
OP

the problem is that you haven't given us much info to work on.

the nova started life as a carb engine. all later upgrades were modifications of the basic carb loom. so to fit an mpi engine, you need to remove any spi loom additions, ecu's etc, and start from basics. there is a how to article on fitting one of these engines, the wiring is in there. you really don't actually need very many extra wires to fit an injection motor into a nova. as long as you have the complete engine loom with the thingy that goes to the ign switch & also have the ign key with its sensor in. all the dash warning wires, starter & alternator wires from your original loom get reused, then its a matter of putting the right power connections to the ecu & a feed to the fuel pump.

jabba dee
20-01-13, 10:32 AM
thanks alot mate i understand now just ive been reading the thread and i understand the wiring just cudnt work out where i had to put the wires too when it said on the wiring diagram to route the wires to the spi ecu

mowgli
20-01-13, 10:39 AM
use the wires to the spi ecu, but remove the spi ecu as it won't be needed

jabba dee
20-01-13, 11:06 AM
well mine dusnt have a ecu mate so where would the wires run to then?? sorry about all the questions just cant realy understand that diagram too well

mowgli
20-01-13, 11:59 AM
the problem is this..

you have the car & are the only person who can see what it has or hasn't got...

we can't, and are relying on your information.

please post up some pics of the wiring loom & engine bay of your car, then we will have something to go on.

jabba dee
20-01-13, 12:19 PM
ok no bother will post some up in abit