PDA

View Full Version : Puddle Under the car......

c_allsop83
18-01-13, 10:22 AM
Hi Guys,

Found a big puddle of water under the car in the garage a few days ago (it hasn't been out in a couple of weeks).....after briefly sh1tting myself I tracked it down to the washer bottle motor seal.

Appears to be coming from there anyway as I can't find any other split hoses etc.

Do these seals come as part of a motor unit or seperately? Anybody know part numbers or where to get these from? Can't seem to track them down bar seeing motors on ebay!

Cheers,
Chris :thumb:

therealnovaboy
18-01-13, 11:15 AM
i take it you mean the seal that goes around the hole in the bottle that the pump slips through.

never seen seals by them self. you can get a new motor from halfords which should come with the seal. failing that rob one from a corsa out the scrappy.

c_allsop83
18-01-13, 01:10 PM
That's the one I mean yes. I contacted a seller of the pumps on ebay but he says none of his motors come with seals.....confused me slightly!

Might have a look through the scrappy.....once the snow has well and truly F-ed off

meritlover
18-01-13, 01:13 PM
the rubber 'bung' is part of the bottle. not the motor/pump assembly.

Southie
18-01-13, 01:44 PM
Not sure what size the grommets are but here's a CLICKYME (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Replacement-Rubber-Windscreen-Washer-Pump-Grommet-Seal-B-/271019528654?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1a05d1ce) for you.