PDA

View Full Version : wide-arch kits?

finlay
18-08-03, 11:22 AM
i am interested in a wide arch kit for my nova whats the best kit to go for road use :?: .

Thanx elliot. :twisted:

geordie_racer
18-08-03, 03:52 PM
frontera arches blended in looks good, shudn't think frontera arches would b 2 expensive from a panel replacement company. then all u got to do is cut them down n fit em

brian
18-08-03, 04:01 PM
Look back through old posts. have been a few indepth coversations about this.
Then if you need to know anything else ask me on this or pm :wink:
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/177big5.jpg

finlay
18-08-03, 11:28 PM
hi mate will take you up on that if i need any info colin from nova rally is sellin a kit. :P

" Complete Nova wide-arch rallycross kit (fibreglass). Parts supplied are ; Pair of bolt-on front wings, pair of bond-on rear arches (includes aircraft alloy filler cap and hose), pair of side skirts and pair of BRAND NEW wider GSi-style bumpers -?350 "

what do you think of this is 350 gd for a kit? :?:

thanx elliot. :D

?Marty?
19-08-03, 12:06 AM
What do i think?

VERY cheap.

brian
19-08-03, 01:07 AM
350 is alright. i think its a second hand one?
Use non fibre glass bumbers. they will fit and are stronger.

Mark
19-08-03, 08:00 AM
That's funny, been offered the same kit for ?250!

finlay
19-08-03, 11:10 AM
from novarally? thers a kit on ther for 250 but with no bumpers.

elliot.

mikeoxford
19-08-03, 01:30 PM
u dont need bumpers

existing ones will bend

Dare-devil
19-08-03, 02:46 PM
frontera arches blended in looks good, shudn't think frontera arches would b 2 expensive from a panel replacement company. then all u got to do is cut them down n fit em

Please put some pics up of a nova, with arches from a Frontera.. :wink:

red_devil
19-08-03, 06:02 PM
The bumpers are not brand new coz they are mine that i sold to him as i used different bumpers.

My rear bumper is a standard novadose one and it fitted with some slight clipping

Most front bumpers are perfect width...

i personally think Gsi bumpers look abit boring with the arch kit

geordie_racer
19-08-03, 06:52 PM
i don't have the pics think they were up on roybacer.co.uk, ask ged@roybacer.co.uk think he woz the 1 who 1st metioned them he shud b in the member list so pm him

Dare-devil
19-08-03, 07:08 PM
i don't have the pics think they were up on roybacer.co.uk, ask ged@roybacer.co.uk think he woz the 1 who 1st metioned them he shud b in the member list so pm him

Ok thanks M8..

Mark
19-08-03, 07:59 PM

elliot.
Nope ?250 full kit!

finlay
19-08-03, 11:52 PM
well i mite get it if its only 250 for the kit so what companies make the kit?

elliot.

Mark
19-08-03, 11:57 PM
?250 is second hand, not NEW.

brian
20-08-03, 05:21 AM
mine was www.pro-tecmotorsport.co.uk around 350 new without bumpers. ill warn you though its for rallying originally and is a tough job to get tidy. you prob won't pay any heed to that! but i dont care!

Mark
20-08-03, 07:43 AM
I listen to EVERYTHING you have to say Brian!
:D

finlay
20-08-03, 11:07 AM
i no it not new :evil: , how much do you think a bodyshop would charge for the back arches :?:

elliot.

?Marty?
20-08-03, 05:20 PM
You'd have to ask the bodyshop for that.

And even they wouldn't give u a price without seeing the car, and the arches themselves.

Why ask what we 'think' a bodyshop 'would' charge, when you can go to a bodyshop and get EXACTLY what they WILL charge.

Some of you people are seriously lazy.

Between ?40 and ?180 for both arches.

brian
20-08-03, 05:31 PM
i dont know what a bodyshop will charge but after fitting mine i know its not going to be too cheap if they di it right

brian
20-08-03, 05:33 PM
its not just a casr of bolting them on, filling and painting. the lines didn't even follow trough on mine. i spent nearly a day trying to get that right. and the finish is not good quality out of the mould

finlay
21-08-03, 01:09 PM
sorry marty wont be so lazzy next time :(

elliot.

?Marty?
21-08-03, 04:06 PM
Sorry pal, didn't mean to upset you.

It's just that you're seriously better off going to a bodyshop and asking, as if you post on here you'll get all sorts of quotes (i paid this...he/she paid that [i mean either a he OR a she, not a a ladyman]....... - mates rates and etc).

And there is no answer really, as it varies depending on quality of kit (even if you buy from same companies, using same mould, it will still vary slightly), state of car, what paint you're using, and each bodyshop will charge different rates.

You can ask on here (obv the point of the forum), but you may only get frustrated waiting for answers you wont get. Or get 'incorrect' (only applies to the individuals that got the quotes, and not you) info.

finlay
21-08-03, 05:19 PM
yer i no wot you meen mate just tryin to get an idea any ways ill go down at the week end an ask.

thanx wlliot.

red_devil
21-08-03, 09:20 PM
John Bees bodyshop in sheffield wanted ?3500 to fit my kit and paint it....

i said feck off and did it myself.... however i am going to rebuild the whole car so that i can make sure it won't crack...

crack's are gonna happen if you either rush or just don't do the right thing.... i did both and it still doesn't look tooo bad where its cracked but still... cracks don't make for show winners however gullwing conversions and headlights will....

Ben (lurk75)
22-08-03, 12:44 AM
With wide arch kits and any others, you get what you pay for. End of story.

Same rule applies to bodyshops, you winge about the price they will reduce it but just cut corners and not take so much time.

If you want the bodyshop to do it properly and be preapred to pay them what its worth.

finlay
22-08-03, 10:27 AM
true true

Phil GTE
28-08-03, 08:32 PM

elliot.

i bought that :D

The rear arches are different to other kits i have seen. they follow the buldge follows the original buldge of the arch. it does not buldge out to the door like other kits

this looks very easy to fit

finlay
28-08-03, 09:07 PM
you got any pic's?

elliot.

brian
29-08-03, 04:56 PM
they follow the buldge follows the original buldge of the arch.
most kits do. mine was pro-tec kit and follows the lines. Supernovas one does too

Phil GTE
04-09-03, 06:17 PM
looking at your blue wide arch, the rear goes all the way to the door

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/177big5.jpg

But if you look at the set Colin Smith is selling

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2430064537&category=43120

Pictue of the kit on the car

http://www.nova16xe.co.uk/bluewide.jpg

the wide arch at the back stops short of the door. This is the kit i have. Its wider but noe full on. A kinda subtle wide arch look, lol.

Plus this looks easier to fit too

Here is my arch kit

http://www.nova16xe.co.uk/widearches1.jpg

http://www.nova16xe.co.uk/widearches2.jpg

The rear arch is still totally intact, it was not cut off. the arch has recesses to be pop rivited on. it is fixed onto the existing arch buldge. the remaining unseen arch underneth is cut away and the skins welding back together at a higher point. this is to maintain shell strength for those that dont know.

http://www.nova16xe.co.uk/widerear.jpg

this is how it would come brand new (without paint and sticker!) the advantage of this arch is the quality. it wont need loads of filler etc and already has a smooth finish.

the front arch is the same as other wide arch and the skirts pop rivet on too, but I may not be using those......................

Ben
05-09-03, 12:31 AM
Just bought a wide arch nova, will post pics soon.

brian
05-09-03, 12:19 PM
Ya got it! talk to ya later

finlay
05-09-03, 12:57 PM
post the pic's up then ben! :D

Voodoo
05-09-03, 09:21 PM
Who sells these last arches? Are they online? I really want to arch my nova, and quad convert it (when i have the money :oops: ).
Who makes the cheapest accepteble looking/fitting arches (has to be online though)?

Phil GTE
05-09-03, 09:29 PM
my red ones? sorry, cant help you mate. I got them from Colin Smith, www.novarally.co.uk, he might be able to help.

finlay
09-09-03, 12:28 AM
pics ben? :D

DazK
09-09-03, 01:17 AM
:?

Ben
09-09-03, 11:35 AM
Waiting for Will to upload them.

finlay
09-09-03, 06:10 PM
lol i edited it daz l didnt want to look even more of an twat lol