PDA

View Full Version : gsi xe reshell what do i keep

Timmy
14-01-13, 08:07 PM
This will be a repost . but going to reshell my gsi nova over to a new shell. I plan to swop over the whole car. i have buggerd my rear beam so want to use a new one but not sure if i can move across the anti roll bar from the gsi. i also dont know if its worth just swopping over the boot with vinal and spolier going to easyer than trying A find a vinal and B drill holes for spoiler. i dont know if front tie bars are the same diamiter. I know most of the interor will be the same with luck i want a shell with out a sunroof anything that wont go across which would be different i know the linein will have a hole in lol. I may have missed stuff but that all i can think of right now any help would be great

GRUNT 16V
15-01-13, 10:34 AM
when you reshell you must keep everything until the new shell is up and running !!! when it is bin the stuff that is left over

mowgli
15-01-13, 10:54 AM
everything from one petrol nova will bolt onto any other petrol nova.. the rear arb unbolts from the beam.

the gsi doesn't actually use that many special parts, so your new recipient(i looked it up) may not need much mucky stuff swapping over. as above, keep it until you've finished the swap, then sell whats left on here.

Timmy
16-01-13, 08:59 AM
So tie bars the same . Rear beam same apart from anti roll bar. Cool.

blue_peg_16v
16-01-13, 09:02 AM
Tie bars may be thicker on the gsi as opposed to base as will the front anti role bar

Paul
16-01-13, 12:10 PM
Tie bars are thicker.

novalew
16-01-13, 08:01 PM
People are always after looms and the 60/40 split brackets