PDA

View Full Version : Tigra 1.6 16V Poor Idle

Royston
13-01-13, 08:27 AM
Wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'm totally lost as its a 16Vlol

My Cousin's wifes Tigra has the EML light on, (EGR Fault) and the tick over is poor/stalls

I have removed and checked the EGR Valve itself, diaphram is fine and it functions, all pipework appears fine, found one perished rubber elbow on what appeared to be the ICV on the end of the engine (thought I'd cracked it), there appears to be a load of small bore vacuum pipes and control valves/sensor all over.

Can anyone tell me where the ICV is, or any pointers please

I suspect one of the control valves/sensors has failed

Thanks

staggy_gsi
13-01-13, 10:39 AM
Sometimes its the electronic part of the EGR which fails and it will look fine when removed for checking. I would see if you can get hold of a known good one to try, because it is a pretty common fault.

The ICV is a little black solenoid type thing, bolted onto the throttle body with two bolts.

MrSilicone
13-01-13, 03:58 PM
Check for air leaks, common fault on the 16v, usually between the top half of the inlet manifold and throttle body theres a rubber hose, normally throws up egr, icv fault codes which leads to hours of searching for a problem which isnt there.

meritlover
13-01-13, 04:23 PM
clean the Throttle body as well as they always gunk up and check the rest of the vacuum hoses.