PDA

View Full Version : 20xe engine wont start and floods

clemo
12-01-13, 07:02 PM
hi ive put a 20xe early dizzy model in to my nova and am starting it for the first time but it wont start, it cranks over and if i open the throttle it starts but only for a few seconds and is very lumpy/splutters ad dies, it seems to be over fueling as the plugs are wet and the smoke out of the exhaust smells of unburnt fuel, i have double checked the timing that is o.k and the firing order is o.k, i have checked that there is a good spark on all 4 plugs and fitted new gm plugs when i built the engine, the compressions are all fine, i have checked the rail pressure is 3 bar which from what ive been reading is correct, and with the plugs out there is a mist of fuel from every cylinder when cranking so injectors must be firing (not saying there firing when they should be but thyre firing,

ive been reading on a couple of threads that the coolant sensor can cause similar problems if the blue sensor is fitted where a black one should be so will check that on monday, and im a bit suspect of the air mass meter but it still wont run with it unplugged,

but the one thing i am a bit clueless on is the vaccum pipes on the throttle body/fuel rail wether they are on in the right places im not sure of as it was partially stripped when i bought it so kind of made a educated guess,

if anyone knows of any common faults it would be greatly appreciated, the wiring loom is a bit of a mess too but i think i have the main wires required connected up, i just wanted to get it running before i tidied all the wiring up.

clemo
14-01-13, 07:29 PM
The nova is starting today and running if the throttle is held open a bit still massively over fueling tho and if let got of the throttle will die after a few seconds,

After having a quick look at the wiring at dinner time today I have found that the coolant temp sensor (2 wired ecu one) has a resistance in the brown with blue trace wire when the ignition is on so I'm guessing that it is the sender wire for the ecu, but the blue wire has nothing in it because having traced the wire back has been cut,

The problem being I can't find where it is supposed to go, it looks like it went in to one of 3 the small plugs (the black one I think) but I thought that blue wire was meant for the clocks,

So what I could do with knowing is what should be in that blue wire a feed or an earth.