PDA

View Full Version : Help zafira gsi z20let p1106 Norwich

clubberlang23
11-01-13, 12:17 AM
Recently brought a 2005 zafira gsi, already just spent nearly £500 replacing tyres & brakes. Now it gone into limp mode and thrown up fault code p1106?? Searched Internet seems like it could either be
Earth wire connection
Maf
Bcs
Split/broken boost pipe.

Hoping someone could point me in the right direction or know any z20let gurus in Norwich??

jimbob-mcgrew
11-01-13, 01:41 AM
are the revs all up and down at idle ?

just going by what youve listed:
---------------------------------------
- check every pipe on the induction and turbo circuit for damage and correct fitting, and inlet manifold connections / gaskets. ive seen a fair few turbo cars with air leak problems.
- the earth straps, clean up the mating surfaces and a wee smear of copper grease when you refit them. theres probably one on the starter motor circuit aswel as the body. maybe inlet manifold too ?
- if no luck after that, try to get hold of a cheap second hand airflow meter to test out.

- and bcs, i dunno what that is, lol

nothing to do with any sensors no ?

Southie
11-01-13, 05:15 AM
Some of this thread may help you ;)
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/329009-z20let-idle-problems.html

clubberlang23
11-01-13, 10:19 AM
Idle fine, was revving it hard around 4000rpm lost boost and spanner light come on. Going to check earths and all pipe work tomorrow. Bcs is boost control sensor also common fault.

clubberlang23
12-01-13, 02:39 PM
Right the only thing wrong is the exhaust manifold gasket is leaking, would that cause it?

Edd
12-01-13, 02:48 PM
Having had all manner of problems on my ZLET I would either say

BCS, boost control solenoid, there's 2, one on the Turbo and one on the back of the inlet, also check ALL the pipes coming of the inlet one.
You'll get limp mode if that system ain't 100%

AFM, common problem always break, I had 2

The exhaust gasket won't help lol

Have you checked the coilpack? As they go all the time as well

It seems with a ZLET you either have a sweet one or one with many many problems

clubberlang23
12-01-13, 03:02 PM
Having had all manner of problems on my ZLET I would either say

BCS, boost control solenoid, there's 2, one on the Turbo and one on the back of the inlet, also check ALL the pipes coming of the inlet one.
You'll get limp mode if that system ain't 100%

AFM, common problem always break, I had 2

The exhaust gasket won't help lol

Have you checked the coilpack? As they go all the time as well

It seems with a ZLET you either have a sweet one or one with many many problems

Well I'm getting the exhaust leak fixed along with a engine service on Wednesday, hopefully this will fix it!!!

Balley
12-01-13, 03:11 PM
Could be a over boost fault?