PDA

View Full Version : CCTV recommendations?

dc1984
09-01-13, 10:08 PM
CTV recommendations?
Hi folks.

I am looking to buy a cctv setup for my tyre fitting garage after some pennies went missing, the only problem I have is that I dont understand / know the terminology of what I need for the garage.
Ideally I would like to be able to check the cameras from my mobile if possible (Samsung galaxy s3 mini) and also be able to record.
Is there any systems that anyone could recomend?

I dont want to waste money buying rubbish that I wont even be able to see the picture.

Thanks,

David.

kbnova
09-01-13, 10:15 PM
go to maplin, some cracking deals on cctv set ups, android apps linked to them to mobile viewing,

dc1984
09-01-13, 10:26 PM
Cheers mate. Never thought of them tbh.

Martin.p
09-01-13, 10:32 PM
Just be carefully, I was told (if its true or not) if your recording footage you need to but up sines saying 'your on CCTV ' blar blar!
Because ultimately if you catch a tea leaf and use footage. They may turn it back on you saying they where filmed unknowingly.
Sounds silly but we live in a blame society!!

kbnova
09-01-13, 10:37 PM
soon as you catch the scum bag, no need to worry just beat the crap of them

dc1984
09-01-13, 10:41 PM
Just be carefully, I was told (if its true or not) if your recording footage you need to but up sines saying 'your on CCTV ' blar blar!
Because ultimately if you catch a tea leaf and use footage. They may turn it back on you saying they where filmed unknowingly.
Sounds silly but we live in a blame society!!

I had heard that aswell mate, I will get the lad that made my signs up to make a few cctv ones up for me.

David.

Martin.p
09-01-13, 10:41 PM

^^^:d

dc1984
09-01-13, 10:44 PM

I would never do anything like that;)

Martin.p
09-01-13, 10:46 PM
I would never do anything like that;)

That's what friends are for ;)

brainsnova
09-01-13, 11:02 PM
Just put up a CCTV sign to start with and see if it helps lol

Danny mul
09-01-13, 11:28 PM
go to maplin, some cracking deals on cctv set ups, android apps linked to them to mobile viewing,
A total waist of money mate.
All you will seed is blurs if someone is in your premises at night.
All DVRs(cctv recorder) are compatible for your iphone/laptop etc.
There is a little setting up on the DVR but simple enough.

As far as cameras go you get what you pay for.
Im in Ireland so talking in euros......You can get a 4 camera system for 500euro supplied and fitted and a 4 camera system supplied and fitted for 2000euro.
You dont need the later of them for what you want and both systems are internet monitor compatible.

When I started fitting cctv systems I was buying in cheap crap from Japan.
was making money at first till I started getting call backs for failed HDs and all sorts of both and lost all profit from them jobs.
I only fit good DVRs

The morel to my story. If you are going to get a company to fit and supply them dont go with the cheapest and find out about the company.
a good company will sell your a good system to fit your budget.

Danny mul
09-01-13, 11:32 PM
Just put up a CCTV sign to start with and see if it helps lol
I always keep old broken cameras.
There are the best dummy cameras and do work for some people.
All the fake dummy cameras on the market all look fake and any half with scumbag know that too

dc1984
10-01-13, 08:19 AM
A total waist of money mate.
All you will seed is blurs if someone is in your premises at night.
All DVRs(cctv recorder) are compatible for your iphone/laptop etc.
There is a little setting up on the DVR but simple enough.

As far as cameras go you get what you pay for.
Im in Ireland so talking in euros......You can get a 4 camera system for 500euro supplied and fitted and a 4 camera system supplied and fitted for 2000euro.
You dont need the later of them for what you want and both systems are internet monitor compatible.

When I started fitting cctv systems I was buying in cheap crap from Japan.
was making money at first till I started getting call backs for failed HDs and all sorts of both and lost all profit from them jobs.
I only fit good DVRs

The morel to my story. If you are going to get a company to fit and supply them dont go with the cheapest and find out about the company.
a good company will sell your a good system to fit your budget.

Cheers for the advice danny, is there any setups you would say was a good budget package?

David.

Danny mul
10-01-13, 10:51 PM
Im not sure whats on the market in UK to be honest.
We use this supplier allot.
Some good products across all ranges
http://www.beltronics.ie/home.html

Danny mul
10-01-13, 11:15 PM
The first question you should ask yourself is what do you want to see.
Day/night or both. and what quality for both(you will see 420TVL or 650TVL...700TVL)This is the quality of the camera.
They are analog cameras.Cheeper than HD or IP cameras.
A 650/700TVL would be a good quality camera for day night vision.
These could be used for an camera looking over a workshop.
A 420TVL hasnt the same clarity but if your on a budget and for example...You have a corridor with an external door at the end and you want it covered you could get away with a 420TVL camera as it will be positioned low (A foot above door level and range of 4/5metres between camera and door) you would get a good enough playback footage visual.
You can get wide lens cameras aswell..Good for a camera you are using as an over view camera covering a large area.
Most fixed lens cameras come in thin and wide lens models.
Wide lens models cost a little more but not allot between them.

Hope all this helps.
Probably could have written it better.sorry for that