PDA

View Full Version : Right so many....

BENDOGGER
04-01-13, 04:48 PM
Right was a chat as you do today at work as was working with some other lads i didnt know. And they couldnt believe we have had our own house for so long. As none of them had at all and none said they were anywhere like ready to afford one.

So got me thinking as you do how many of you guys own your own place and how long cheers was just surprised to what they were saying.:)

vessey
04-01-13, 05:00 PM
Av ownd mine for 6 years now since I was 19

Edd
04-01-13, 05:03 PM
I owned my own place for ten years now

Flat for 8 house for 2

never ever could of done it if my Nan hadn't left me £60grand when she died

BENDOGGER
04-01-13, 05:07 PM
Av ownd mine for 6 years now since I was 19

I was around same age mate.

I owned my own place for ten years now

Flat for 8 house for 2

never ever could of done it if my Nan hadn't left me £60grand when she died

This was what they were saying that they couldnt afford jack **** as had no money saved up or couldnt save any up.

Took me by surprise tbh

kbnova
04-01-13, 05:07 PM
depends on the area, rent is serious in city areas, be better moving to country and buying, but once again mortgage hard to get now, im a house owner now last 6 years, but you cant beat living at ur parents, free rent and food ,

Edd
04-01-13, 05:09 PM
You really need £10grand to even start thinking about it ATM

womble sri
04-01-13, 05:36 PM
I still live at home with my parents and am 25 you can't buy a flat for £140k round here, a 2 bed rabbit hutch isn't minimum £200k me and the mrs are on the saving this year for a deposit. Need at least 10% really and despite the mrs suggestions I will not be selling my nova :cool:

Edd
04-01-13, 05:46 PM
My Mrs suggested that, I still have it lol

EwanG
04-01-13, 05:54 PM
I have had my place for 7.5 years (I bought when I was 24 and its still only worth what I payed for it back then). It all depends on your wage and the prices of the area you want to stay in. But if you work hard and save hard in most cases it can be done :). I would never rent infact I am planning on renting mine out when I make my next purchase so someone pays for my pension cause the goverment wont! lol

MK999
04-01-13, 06:00 PM
You really need £10grand to even start thinking about it ATM

And the other 40k too. Nowhere is giving out mortgages atm, mate of mine needed 35k to even get heard about 2 years ago, he got a consultation without credit checks etc off the record so it didn't affect anything and they basically laughed him out when he said he could get 10k together by himself.

24 and still at home myself as I'm still at uni, sucks but not much you can do about it, gotta just keep going!

phunkynova
04-01-13, 06:12 PM
I could not afford to buy a house in the Uk :eek: way over priced. I've lived in main land Europe for some 20 plus years now and just started to buy my first place here and in 5 years it will be payed for :thumb:

Andy
04-01-13, 06:20 PM
Been renting for 5years now.Paid 30odd thousand off other people mortgages,never missed or made a late rent payment,yet nowhere would entertain lending to us.
Fukking sh1te really.
Too many immigrants so the demand for rent is huge at the minute/prices are huge.

turbojolt
04-01-13, 06:25 PM
im a **** saver, even when i had zero bills and earning over 1k a month, i still managed to be broke all the time

Keif
04-01-13, 06:34 PM
Bought my first house in 1992 for £30k.

Sold it in 2007 for £80K, bought a Lotus Carlton and used the rest to put towards my current home (which cost ALOT more than my first).

Southie
04-01-13, 06:38 PM
I've had my house now for 11 years, only 14 to go... Will be 50 when it's payed off :cry:

Jack
04-01-13, 06:40 PM
No chance I could afford to buy on my own, even with Hayley (who has about three times as much money as me) we can't afford it. Monthly, fine no issue - in fact between us we pay around £2k a month in rent and bills, but its the deposit and fees we can't do.

Hobbit
04-01-13, 06:46 PM
And the other 40k too. Nowhere is giving out mortgages atm, mate of mine needed 35k to even get heard about 2 years ago, he got a consultation without credit checks etc off the record so it didn't affect anything and they basically laughed him out when he said he could get 10k together by himself.

24 and still at home myself as I'm still at uni, sucks but not much you can do about it, gotta just keep going!

Sounds like he spoke to the wrong people then as I know a couple of friends that have just bought with 10%.

I'm currently living at my Dads saving for a deposit and should hopefully be ready to buy middle of this year. No way could I have afforded to save while I was renting.

MK999
04-01-13, 06:49 PM
I know he definitely went round quite a few places asking off the record... go to too many for actual applications and it wrecks your credit rating! Might have just been the area or something, he's just outside Manchester in a small flat for about 140k.

Does depend what you earn monthly too, I know after bills etc with a new job he only had about £100 a month spare.

BENDOGGER
04-01-13, 06:49 PM
No chance I could afford to buy on my own, even with Hayley (who has about three times as much money as me) we can't afford it. Monthly, fine no issue - in fact between us we pay around £2k a month in rent and bills, but its the deposit and fees we can't do.

**** me 2k a month in bill and rent thats harsh as ****.

Like you all have said i think its where you live tbh people prob say its a **** hole where i live but ha ho its my ****hole lol

Was considering moving as thats what started the conv at work and been looking at a new build 4 bed detached with garage and its around the 180k mark so maybe you get the idea, probs alot cheaper than you lot down south.

Think we gunna stay here and like a better lifestyle instead

BENDOGGER
04-01-13, 06:51 PM
Sounds like he spoke to the wrong people then as I know a couple of friends that have just bought with 10%.

I'm currently living at my Dads saving for a deposit and should hopefully be ready to buy middle of this year. No way could I have afforded to save while I was renting.

Yeah i got offered a 10% one too no probs but **** rates, was planning on putting 20-25% down

mowgli
04-01-13, 06:54 PM
got mine in '96 for £45k, and had to find 15% down. i was earning about £14k at the time, but was self employed so had to jump thru hoops backwards... it got remortaged to release some equity for other things... which with the benefit of hindsight, was the worst thing we ever did.... but in 10 years its mine..woo hoo...

chrisd1986
04-01-13, 06:55 PM
I moved out of my mums 5 years ago when i was 21 and ive only ever had min wage jobs ive only ever rented houses i did get a bit of help from mine and her family as alot of them were getting new furnature so we aqired couches and a fridge freezer but have just bought new stuff over the years and now have 2 kids together

Benn
04-01-13, 06:55 PM
Same as many about, a 2bed house down here is 200k down here so getting anything is a night mare. My mate who has a house and earns £30K a year and has a mortgage already... Can't get another/more to move.. No chance i will be able to get anything...

mowgli
04-01-13, 07:00 PM
what really annoys me is the fact that modern houses have never been built so cheaply.... and land for building has been sewn up in 'land banks' for decades. the markup on a new house is unbelieveable.

Benn
04-01-13, 07:04 PM
I dont want a new house, i want a old built of brick house..lol

Archie
04-01-13, 07:22 PM
I'm 24 still at home and never really gave moving out any thought, no money to save for a deposit, dont earn enough.

Mike
04-01-13, 07:28 PM
Me & Mrs Mike are on the cusp of buying a house. Just under £20k deposit :( by choice admittadly, then a remaining £110k mortgage.

Although we should be mortgage free in around 12 years time which is win.

If I was still self employed theres no way Id be able to buy though.

womble sri
04-01-13, 07:45 PM

Indeed a friend of mine put £7k down as a 5% deposit on a shared ownership mortgage. Not ideal but I think it was he's only option. Mind you another friend did really well out of a shared ownership when the other party offered for him to buy them out and knock the rent he had paid in the last 5 years of the total amount just as he was planning on moving house anyhow! Think he made close to £20k!

womble sri
04-01-13, 07:48 PM

Like you all have said i think its where you live tbh people prob say its a **** hole where i live but ha ho its my ****hole lol

Was considering moving as thats what started the conv at work and been looking at a new build 4 bed detached with garage and its around the 180k mark so maybe you get the idea, probs alot cheaper than you lot down south.

Think we gunna stay here and like a better lifestyle instead

They have just built a new estate in my small town which a handful of my friends have moved to. A 3 bed house with a single garage is £340k and they are tiny and I mean tiny, the garages are bigger than the gardens too

ASH GSI
04-01-13, 07:58 PM
2 years ago when I was 28 I bought my first house, 2 bedroom town house with 2 parking spaces and a garage that is a bit bigger than a standard single so i can work on the cars :) had to put quite a bit of money down but it was worth it. I would like more space though so i could have more cars lol

Novasport
04-01-13, 08:40 PM
Been in our house 9 years, put down a 10% deposit which we saved for. We have got an excellent mortgage advisor who has wiped 5 years off the mortgage so we only have 11 years left.
We have over £70k equity in the house now. I would like to move to a larger property in the next couple of years but finding a larger house, built as well as this with more land than we currently have is going to be difficult and a big jump in price.
Our house is 1930's built so it was built properly unlike these cardboard boxes they throw up now. We have done all the major work on the house without remortgaging and it has new double glazing all through, new kitchen, new bathroom, conservatory and plastering all down stairs.
I was thinking of keeping our current house and remortgaging it to rent out and pay for itself but I dont think the missus is too keen.

Jack
04-01-13, 09:39 PM
Tell me about it lol

I had to move away with work though, so we're paying to rent two places. Otherwise we'd have moved in together a long time ago and would only be paying one lot of rent. She's trying to get work up here but its proving difficult :(

BENDOGGER
04-01-13, 09:39 PM
They have just built a new estate in my small town which a handful of my friends have moved to. A 3 bed house with a single garage is £340k and they are tiny and I mean tiny, the garages are bigger than the gardens too

Prob answers my question in that one post really.

BENDOGGER
04-01-13, 09:42 PM
Tell me about it lol

I had to move away with work though, so we're paying to rent two places. Otherwise we'd have moved in together a long time ago and would only be paying one lot of rent. She's trying to get work up here but its proving difficult :(

I feel pretty good now even tho it is only in ****ty yorkshire

kbnova
04-01-13, 09:44 PM
what about co ownership,

bazil
04-01-13, 09:48 PM
Own mine, dad bought it from the council for £35k I bought it from him 3 years later for £90k and it's now worth £140k

Not bad lol, I'd only move to have a house with a heated garage lol

Jon_nova1
04-01-13, 09:55 PM
i got my house 3 years ago at 24 and been renting since i just turned 18

The house i got was a repossesion, 3 bedroom on a corner plot and enough driveway space to fit 4 cars on easily, it only cost £78K, this years plans are to get a double garage on it since i'm sick of being controlled by weather lol

Hayley
04-01-13, 09:55 PM
I feel pretty good now even tho it is only in ****ty yorkshire

Well im glad our misery has made you feel better.

I fcuking hate having to rent. My landlords own a house in st johns wood, a massive one in dorset and a holiday home in the bahamas! At least i know my money is going to good use ffs.

Im hoping once me and jack move in together we might be able to scrape together enough money for a deposit on some sh*ty house round here.

chris gsi
04-01-13, 10:04 PM
Bought our own house 2 years ago 3 bed semi we had to save up just over 10% to put down. The deposit and the fees were the killer

Mike
04-01-13, 10:08 PM
According the news & such like, mortgage lending is allegedly at an all time high since 2010.

Andy
04-01-13, 10:14 PM
According the news & such like, mortgage lending is allegedly at an all time high since 2010.
I think the reporters are at an all time high aswell

Andy
04-01-13, 10:15 PM
****ty yorkshire
Wash ya mouth out daftlad

Jeff16v
04-01-13, 10:16 PM
Purchased my own flat in 2001, £113.5k, now worth £270k.

We saved 21k deposit but kept some back for kitchen and bathroom. Now needing £340k for three bed semi and garage but we are going to rent our flat for approx £950 a month with mortgage of £450 a month and put the rest towards a house mortgage either this or next year.

Being forty and having two kids in a 2 bed is cramped but we've had the hardship and deserve more room with a garage and garden.

You'll need 20-30k now for a deposit, glad we got it when we did.

Novasport
04-01-13, 10:19 PM

....when lending was on its ar5e? And what is it like compared to 2009, 2008 & 2007? Clever wording can make things sound so much better.
House prices apparently dropped by 1% last year as well.

Novasport
04-01-13, 10:34 PM
Mmmm...

http://fullfact.org/sites/fullfact.org/files/styles/large/public/Mortgage%20_lending_1993-2010.jpg

As said, in 2010 when lending was on its ar5e

paul080803
04-01-13, 10:58 PM
I got my first house in Poole in dec 2006, cost £175k (flipping Dorset for you!), sold it in July 2009 for £180k and bought a house in Christchurch for £205k.

But it is worth £225k now and I have nearly £90k worth of equity in it.

Mortgage is £750 a month for a large 3 bed house, really feel for people that have to rent as my house would be £1100-1200 a month. It's criminal really as people have years and years of proven paying rent but can't get a mortgage because they can't save as paying huge rent!!!!

Hayley
04-01-13, 11:21 PM
Amen to that. I live in dorch and its scandalous how much houses cost!

Pete
05-01-13, 10:24 AM
this year i'm going to start saving for a deposit, as id love to own my own house. alot of people have said that it'll be cheaper to pay a mortgage than it would rent etc. without imposing on peoples financial situations etc but did any of you find that was the case?

i live in a little village called Barrow Upon Soar and then house prises are rising and rising the sooner the better unless it all crashes.

Stuart
05-01-13, 10:35 AM
Purchased in feb 07, and only because of inheritance. We would STILL be happy renting as there Is no need whatso ever to buy a house unless you have a burning urge to mod it.

Renting what we have now would probably cost between 60 and 70% of our mortgage payments, but then you have to get life insurance etc(well ok you dot have to but you'd be a mug if you didn't) add about a ton to the household bills. Don't discount the convinience of calling the landlord when the boiler fails, rather than crying in the corner.

Andy
05-01-13, 10:39 AM
Boilers are over rated lol

davidfox280585
05-01-13, 10:46 AM
just bought mine,
right to buy off council,
3 bed semi had all improvements just done,
ie new kitchen
new central heating system fully
new combi
new bathroom suite
exterior wall insulation and pebbledashed
new windows new doors
new bathroom
new facias soffits and guttering
full rewire

no deposit needed due to instant equity

this is it

valued at £75k bought it for £48k from council, its a nice quiet decent area too

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/davidfox280585/WP_000048.jpg

Andy
05-01-13, 10:48 AM
get your kerb dropped!
You need some massive lion statues aswell on each wall post lol

davidfox280585
05-01-13, 10:54 AM
get your kerb dropped!
You need some massive lion statues aswell on each wall post lol

they trieed to do me for a kerb and i did have lions on the posts lol
my mrs knocked the left gate post down so had it remade and i think a drunk knocked the other one off lol
ive 2 gargoyles near the door
the wall only cost me £100 plus materials too by a mate it has a petterns centre double brick

G-nova
05-01-13, 10:57 AM
I live in harrogate which house prices are astronomical. Don't think I'll ever own my own house, unless I come into some big money. I hate owing money out and couldn't commit myself to a 25-30 year debt not only that it's committing to a house that I may get board of or have to move in-case of circumstance change's also what happens if I stop working for whatever reason how would I pay? I have never had much money my mum was an unemployed single mum and grew up on a council estate, I'm 24 and just getting on my feet now since leaving home at 15 with nothing to my name bar clothes. It's been hard to get the things I have today plus support my partner and child and financial happenings in the UK and around the world are only making it harder for everybody.

Andy
05-01-13, 10:57 AM
Looks nice mate
Is that a composite front door?

burgo
05-01-13, 11:00 AM
I would love to buy as having nothing to show for my £700 a month is not my idea of fun

davidfox280585
05-01-13, 11:00 AM
Looks nice mate
Is that a composite front door?
i throw cones me lol
its like a wood plastic kinda contarption is that the technical term for it?
decent size backyard too but no car access hence me not spending too much as i will be selling in 5 years without a doubt

G-nova
05-01-13, 11:01 AM
renting has its benefits - you don't have to pay for repairs lol

davidfox280585
05-01-13, 11:01 AM
I would love to buy as having nothing to show for my £700 a month is not my idea of fun

get up north then,
my mortgage is £550 month all in with life cover buildings and contents
over 10 years fixed for 5 years

Andy
05-01-13, 11:02 AM
Yes thats the proper in't trade term for it lol
I love them doors,used to like fitting them as they really transform the front of a house.

Andy
05-01-13, 11:02 AM
You dont go inside then?
Or live in it?

davidfox280585
05-01-13, 11:04 AM
renting has its benefits - you don't have to pay for repairs lol

ive lived in this house for 12 years and only ever wanted a door due to it went rotton as was a wood one

burgo
05-01-13, 11:04 AM
Yes but I would do that if I owned it

Stuart
05-01-13, 11:08 AM
Of the £850 a month we pay I to the mortage, about £100 is actually ours and the rest is interest, or if you want to be diverse, rent to the bank..... Paying twice the price of a house to live in it isn't exactly fun lol

paul james
05-01-13, 11:09 AM
just bought mine,
right to buy off council,
3 bed semi had all improvements just done,
ie new kitchen
new central heating system fully
new combi
new bathroom suite
exterior wall insulation and pebbledashed
new windows new doors
new bathroom
new facias soffits and guttering
full rewire

no deposit needed due to instant equity

this is it

valued at £75k bought it for £48k from council, its a nice quiet decent area too

Thats a really great deal for you, but pretty stupid of councils for pretty much giving away houses like that for peanuts, especially after renovating it!

Andy
05-01-13, 11:10 AM
Of the £850 a month we pay I to the mortage, about £100 is actually ours and the rest is interest, or if you want to be diverse, rent to the bank..... Paying twice the price of a house to live in it isn't exactly fun lol
Yes but the upside is you arent pwned,you can have it how you want and you dont have your landlords divorce and demand to move back in like mine did:mad:
So we had to go.
Which has caused so many problems its unreal.
We are now MUCH worse off because of this.:roll:

davidfox280585
05-01-13, 11:12 AM
Thats a really great deal for you, but pretty stupid of councils for pretty much giving away houses like that for peanuts, especially after renovating it!

ive put it off when the boom came till they did renovation work apparently they spent £20k on labour and materials lol
as soon as they finished i put in the right to buy

Stuart
05-01-13, 11:15 AM
Yes but the upside is you arent pwned,you can have it how you want and you dont have your landlords divorce and demand to move back in like mine did:mad:
So we had to go.
Which has caused so many problems its unreal.
We are now MUCH worse off because of this.:roll:
Swings and roundabouts I guess.... We'd be much less cluttered with crap if we rented as moving would be a breeze and getting a new gaff every few years would be fun IMHO. Now I don't want to move, ever, unless its to live outside the uk for a while.

We looked at moving last year, slippery fees, estate scumbag fees, moving, stamp duty and mortgage arrangement fees were about £20k before even considering the extra money for a bigger place. So we spent less than £10k making this place bigger and negating the need to move. Win (of sorts)

Andy
05-01-13, 11:18 AM
Moving is far from fun.lol
I have moved twice since sept,the 1st time due to the landlord/ladys split,then 7 weeks later as the house we moved into went up for sale INSTANTLY and people were being shown round all the time so we found this which is extremely nice decor and in a very good area,just expensive rent.
I would love to buy us own place,for the reasons above and to make it my "home" if that makes sense.To me these rented gaffs are just glorified digs imo,and they dont feel like home.

Jack
05-01-13, 12:17 PM
alot of people have said that it'll be cheaper to pay a mortgage than it would rent etc. without imposing on peoples financial situations etc but did any of you find that was the case?
For us here, yes, even a repayment mortgage would be cheaper. But the initial outlay (deposit and fees) is massive and we don't have the cash for it. And whilst we're renting, in two different places, its impossible to save money for a deposit.

This isn't through choice either, my work spent a few years bumming me over about relocation. If they'd set a date and stuck to it, me & hayley could have rented for a year or two together whilst we worked geographically close to each other and saved a pile of cash; but now we're lime 100 miles apart lol Hey ho.

Don't discount the convinience of calling the landlord when the boiler fails, rather than crying in the corner.
Yeah, but when I'm paying the landlord ~£700 a month to cover his probably £200 interest only mortgage, I think he can afford to fix a boiler once in a blue moon lol

Maintenance fine, but what if I drop a bottle of red wine all over the carpet? In here, I have to get it sorted ricky tick. In my own place, I could just ignore it til I had the money to fix it.

its a nice quiet decent area too
Oh I dunno, looks a bit like a scrapyard with those two shonky fords lol

Stuart
05-01-13, 12:20 PM
I'd not leave a bottle of red in the carpet of my own home.... You are a scumbag lol

Archie
05-01-13, 12:26 PM
My mums house would be buttons to buy off the council, probably less than what i pay her in digs, but because the house is in her name i dont think i can buy it as such.

Would be in the region of 30k, would never have to worry about moving out if i did buy it lol

Paul
05-01-13, 12:52 PM
Whys everyone getting so caught up with fee's?

Solicitor is under £1k, disbursements £500ish, SD (1% @ 200k) 2k, survey 400,

Total £5k.

Deposit- minimum 10%.

5yr fixed rate 3.89% with no arrangement fee.

20k to move, righto

Stuart
05-01-13, 01:12 PM
Add £5k min when jumping over the 250 mark. And 10% really isn't enough to get the better deals IMHO.
Plus paying a scumbag estate monkey agent a few grand just to list it on right move doesn't help etc. soon adds up.

Stuart
05-01-13, 01:34 PM
Of course, ftb'ing is 'cheap' in terms of fees as there is no estate agent fees and only one chunk of work for the slippery to do. And generally you will be in the low sd bracket or even free if in the north lol

davidfox280585
05-01-13, 02:13 PM
My mums house would be buttons to buy off the council, probably less than what i pay her in digs, but because the house is in her name i dont think i can buy it as such.

Would be in the region of 30k, would never have to worry about moving out if i did buy it lol

yes you can as your on the rent book so you can buy it,
with no deposit as they will use the standing discount you get as equity,
all you will need is about £1000
650 solicitors fees and 250 bank valuation,

this is all i have had to pay,
at 9 years as a tenant got me 27k off the price

works out approx 5 years as max discount plus 1% per extra year or something alike
you would be stupid not to buy it as getting on the property ladder is hard, i went for a house 3 year ago and was knocked back but this time ive been o credit expert and really bumped my score up
i have no loans, no credit cards only 2k of finance outstnding but im thinking of selling my fireblade to clear this,

pikey1986
05-01-13, 02:37 PM
i rent off my old man, i pay under 500pm all in for a 3 bed semi and drive big enough for 4 cars, if it was rented off a proper landlord id be paying 650pm minimum then all other bills on top

Archie
05-01-13, 02:44 PM
yes you can as your on the rent book so you can buy it,
with no deposit as they will use the standing discount you get as equity,
all you will need is about £1000
650 solicitors fees and 250 bank valuation,

this is all i have had to pay,
at 9 years as a tenant got me 27k off the price

works out approx 5 years as max discount plus 1% per extra year or something alike
you would be stupid not to buy it as getting on the property ladder is hard, i went for a house 3 year ago and was knocked back but this time ive been o credit expert and really bumped my score up
i have no loans, no credit cards only 2k of finance outstnding but im thinking of selling my fireblade to clear this,

Best look into it then, dont know if i could afford it all to be honest.

Jack
05-01-13, 05:04 PM
I'd not leave a bottle of red in the carpet of my own home.... You are a scumbag lol
If its a case of clean the carpet OR pay the mortgage.... time to relocate the sofa lol

BENDOGGER
05-01-13, 07:30 PM
Whys everyone getting so caught up with fee's?

Solicitor is under £1k, disbursements £500ish, SD (1% @ 200k) 2k, survey 400,

Total £5k.

Deposit- minimum 10%.

5yr fixed rate 3.89% with no arrangement fee.

20k to move, righto

Where you been looking to get that rate as to get any where near that with no fees i needed at least 20% with 10% i was looking at 4.5%-5.5% with no fees

BENDOGGER
05-01-13, 08:49 PM
Heres mine we live in at the mo

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g106/gutch1985/20120922_091307.jpg

ASH GSI
05-01-13, 09:06 PM

just need to replace the front window with a garage door :p

BENDOGGER
05-01-13, 09:14 PM
just need to replace the front window with a garage door :p

Thats why i want to move mate no room for a garage but dunno if its worth it for what our morage is and for what extra i will need to borrow

ASH GSI
05-01-13, 09:17 PM
Thats why i want to move mate no room for a garage but dunno if its worth it for what our morage is and for what extra i will need to borrow

tricky one, when i was looking the garage was the most important thing to me, one estate agent asked me what i wanted, i said a garage and something to live in too lol

BENDOGGER
05-01-13, 09:23 PM
tricky one, when i was looking the garage was the most important thing to me, one estate agent asked me what i wanted, i said a garage and something to live in too lol

When we first bought we couldnt be too picky. Now we have made on the house and have some saved up for deposit its either move and have a big morgage or spend what we have saved on extension and doing house out but most importantly live a nice life style.

Trust me its hard as changed my mind about five times now

Novasport
05-01-13, 09:23 PM
Double garage or room to build one is high on the priorities for the next pad.

Andy
05-01-13, 09:26 PM

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g106/gutch1985/20120922_091307.jpg
I hope thats proper lead and somebody hasnt scalloped some fecking flashband on top of your bows?
Why is it so deep?!

BENDOGGER
05-01-13, 09:34 PM
I hope thats proper lead and somebody hasnt scalloped some fecking flashband on top of your bows?
Why is it so deep?!

Them windows was in when we bought it mate they are on my things to change if we stay backs have been done just the front 4 need doing.

Andy
05-01-13, 09:43 PM
I like the glass,very nice,just it does look like flashband in that pic and thats not good if it is,they really didnt need to take it up to a course that high,it normally goes up 2 courses higher than the top part.Its gonna take some scraping off like!.

BENDOGGER
05-01-13, 09:52 PM
I like the glass,very nice,just it does look like flashband in that pic and thats not good if it is,they really didnt need to take it up to a course that high,it normally goes up 2 courses higher than the top part.Its gonna take some scraping off like!.

No probs mate i changed the glass when we moved in but all the back ones were leaking so had to change the lot along with the front door. The rest havent done bad with just a glass change but if we do stay i will be changing them when i do extension but it is an IF

DAFTJOHN
05-01-13, 10:37 PM
Been in mine two year this April. Was renting flats until then

novalovingned
05-01-13, 11:19 PM
Ive been renting since 18 years old. Has been impossible to save anything until 6 months ago. Now I'm half way there with my deposit :)

And for anyone that still thinks you need 35k etc to be accepted for a mortgage hang your head now!

99% of lenders are doing 95% mortgages now, so there perfectly affordable now if you have a realistic budget.

Top of my list is the house has to have a garage or space for a garage lol

Paul
06-01-13, 01:46 PM
15%, 5year fixed, £0 product fee, 3.89%, Britannia

Plug
06-01-13, 03:12 PM
I'm 24 and no where near ready to buy a house as said mostly dependant on location,

For me to get a two bed house (as I don't see the point in a flat) in my home town your looking at £170-£220k grand and well they want at least £30-£40k deposit

But yet I was talking to a girl in Wales who was 19 and paid £19k for her house!

Jack
06-01-13, 04:59 PM
Wales is great for house prices, I work with a bunch of people who find it cheaper to live over the bridge and commute each day.

Some neighbours of my ex sold their house on the levels for something like £600k then bought a bigger place with a load of land on the side of a mountain (well... big hill lol) in Pembrokeshire for £50k. Nice! Shame its in Wales though but hey.

99% of lenders are doing 95% mortgages now, so there perfectly affordable now if you have a realistic budget.
I took a casual look a little while back and the only place that offered me 5% deposit was Nationwide if I went through their save-to-buy ISA :(

nova_stee
06-01-13, 06:39 PM
Just bought our first house for 77k put 10k down through choice pay 308 a month for 30years, that's on a 3 bed room semi detached with front and back garden and a garage