gte-87
03-01-13, 10:02 PM
What do people thing is the best mobile phone to get as a upgrade thanks dan

Pete
03-01-13, 10:10 PM
What you upgrading from? and are you an android fan, smart? etc

Novasport
03-01-13, 10:12 PM
More than happy with my galaxy S3. Does everything I want & more. Compared it to the i-phone 5 and imo was a better phone at a better price.

gte-87
03-01-13, 10:22 PM
I have a lg at mo with android I am not sure bout I phone because everyone seems to have one

Iain
03-01-13, 10:24 PM
http://www.extragsm.com/images/phone/big/Nokia/3210/Nokia-3210-01.jpg

Novasport
03-01-13, 10:27 PM
I have a lg at mo with android I am not sure bout I phone because everyone seems to have one

Like ar5eholes ;)
There OK if you like paying twice as much as another phone that does the same thing. If you want to pay the i-Tax, crack on.

womble sri
03-01-13, 10:27 PM
iPhone 5 (he says typing from the new iPad) I am a sucker for the apple tek iPhones and iPad ftw

gte-87
03-01-13, 10:30 PM
iPhone 5 (he says typing from the new iPad) I am a sucker for the apple tek iPhones and iPad ftw

How do you know I am using a iPad lol that why I not sure about iPhone because iPad can do all the same things so just fancy a change with a phone

Novasport
03-01-13, 10:31 PM
Best thing to do is have a go on the phones and see how you feel about them.

I narrowed my choice down to the i-Phone 5 or Galaxy S3, I compared the two and personally found the S3 to be slightly better. Screen quality & camera quality was superior on the S3. Also find the internet quicker and it is easy to use. So found the i-5 way over priced and under specced.

chrisd1986
03-01-13, 10:32 PM
The only prob with i-phones is that you have to pay to download music were as on my galaxy s3 i can do it for free, mine also has a satnav built in with the same voice directions as any other only it dosnt warn you about speed cameras (not that you should need to be warned as we all keep within the speed limits lol) but i can guarentee its always up to date and you can download pretty much all the same or similar apps as a i-phone

gte-87
03-01-13, 10:32 PM
Good idea I think it best for me to go try a few and see how get on with them thanks

Novasport
03-01-13, 10:35 PM
The only prob with i-phones is that you have to pay to download music were as on my galaxy s3 i can do it for free, mine also has a satnav built in with the same voice directions as any other only it dosnt warn you about speed cameras (not that you should need to be warned as we all keep within the speed limits lol) but i can guarentee its always up to date and you can download pretty much all the same or similar apps as a i-phone

Lad in the phone shop said the same. He said if you like to pay for stuff you can get for free then get the i-Phone. If you want to be sensible, save money and not have 'mug' writted on your forehead then get the S3 lol

womble sri
03-01-13, 10:35 PM
Yeah must admit I had my iPhone glued to my hand all the time and now it's my iPad lol do find the iPhone so useful at work and out about but guess most smartphones can do the same. Think I just like the interface so simple to use and I tether my iPad and iPhone together to give me 3G on my ipad via my mobile phone contract. Doubt apple will let there devices talk to non apple devices

Novasport
03-01-13, 10:41 PM
I was so impressed with the S3 I bought a Galaxy Note, no doubt half the price of the equivalent Apple device. I tether it to my phone aswell and it is very good.
Just upgraded to 4G as they have rolled it out locally now, only £27pm on a 18 month contract :)

Pete
03-01-13, 10:43 PM
im a sucker for apple stuff also (iPhone 4s, iPad 3 & macbook pro lol )
but my phone hardly ever gets used, for obvious things like text or phone calls but i don't use any apps, i may aswell go back to a Nokia 3310, i wouldn't miss the phone if i lost it to be honest.

womble sri
03-01-13, 10:44 PM
I was so impressed with the S3 I bought a Galaxy Note, no doubt half the price of the equivalent Apple device. I tether it to my phone aswell and it is very good.
Just upgraded to 4G as they have rolled it out locally now, only £27pm on a 18 month contract :)

I do feel cheated my mobile contract is £54 per month and my mrs paid about £580 for the iPad :(

Novasport
03-01-13, 10:53 PM
F***ing hell! I will be happy with my £280 in my sky rocket & being £27pm better off. TBH I am on a staff deal with half price line rental for life so should be £54 but that is for a 4G 18 month contract with unlimited calls, texts & internet with free(Official) music downloads and BT Open Zone etc etc

Edd
03-01-13, 10:58 PM
Anybody who's upgrading ATM should consider the Nexus 4 IMO

Just as good as a S3 but loads cheaper

I've now come to the conclusion that Apple stuff is overpriced crap lol

Novasport
03-01-13, 11:07 PM
I thought you were a die hard Apple fan Edd! My S3 was £30 on contract, not expensive at all.

womble sri
03-01-13, 11:09 PM
F***ing hell! I will be happy with my £280 in my sky rocket & being £27pm better off. TBH I am on a staff deal with half price line rental for life so should be £54 but that is for a 4G 18 month contract with unlimited calls, texts & internet with free(Official) music downloads and BT Open Zone etc etc

I think mine is + vat too they always sting you with that as it always comes in above £60! Mine is unlimited calls and txt but only 1gb data which I easily used tethering the iPad watching sky at fishing last weekend! Due for renewal in August, I'll probably be suckered into whatever minute change apple make to the iPhone

Edd
03-01-13, 11:16 PM
I thought you were a die hard Apple fan Edd! My S3 was £30 on contract, not expensive at all.

Have been Rich, have a S2 ATM tho

Apple have been left waaay behind now IMO, Android is far better now

Just got a new pc with windows 8, me and the Mrs have Android phones, she also has a kindle which I've rooted to have Google play store on it

We don't need anything else tbh, stream music anywhere in the house, stream films to Xbox etc etc

You either can't do that with if you had one Apple device or your about 2 grand more out of pocket buying overpriced equipment

I will never go back now lol

I will either get a S3 or a Nexus 4 when I upgrade, the good thing about a Nexus 4 is it's only £220 to buy outright

Stuart
04-01-13, 09:19 AM
Our fearless leader Kev has just got a Nexus 4.... it seems to be the nuts.

I got an HTC oneX+ through work just before christmas, its really impressive but then this is my first Android phone and my first time back to HTC since that abortion of a handset the Diamond 2.

Tbh they are all much of a muchness, the iPhone is a great device (just a little pricey), the Android stuff is good but sometimes a little variable and the new windows phones are freaking amazing! (I had an older windows Nokia 610 for 6 months last year and was impressed despite the slowness, new ones are lightening fast).

I didnt want an iPhone as I got an iPad in 2011 and frankly trying to use the same device on a smaller screen was hard work so I had approached it from the wrong direction lol
A curveball is the Note2, shes a big lass but the battery lasts forever in smartphone terms and the stylus is just freaking cool for drawing.

womble sri
04-01-13, 09:28 AM
One thing I do find good about the iPhone is that being a little heavy handed the iPhone is fairly robust, I have witnessed one being thrown full pelt at a wall by an ill tempered friend with it only to crack the glass to the rear!