PDA

View Full Version : Dartford Tunnel Run Event

edkillick
03-01-13, 07:22 PM
https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yT/r/K6_TY47YS3x.png
Some of you may have heard that police soon intend to shut down tunnel runs and big car meets as they "disturb the neighbourhood" too much, even though alot of them are for charity.
We thought of organising one before they enforce any rules and regulations to stop us having fun.
We've decided to make it abit of a credible one so invite your mates but please only invite tasteful cars, e.g no kitted 1.0l corsa b's with twin Japcans.
Pics and videos are encouraged, take as many pics of each others cars and post on the page after.
Post a pic up of what you'll be in before we go aswell.
Will all meet at Thurrock services first then go for a few runs together.
The more the better!

Message me on Facebook for an invite if you're interested as the page is private because we dont want half of the Essex rudebois coming in their saxo's

https://www.facebook.com/eddiekillick

Iain
03-01-13, 07:25 PM
Not been to one of these before, what's the deal, you rock up and drive through a tunnel at warp speed smashing it off the limiter and spitting flames then go home?

chris862
03-01-13, 07:35 PM
I've been on one of these before around london, got as far as going through blackwall tunnel and then got lost near the millennium dome so went home! best done in small numbers so you don't all get broken up at traffic lights, and perhaps at 3am when londons tunnels are not so busy, would be cool to do a nova only one though! :)

Stuart
03-01-13, 08:07 PM
Not been to one of these before, what's the deal, you rock up and drive through a tunnel at warp speed smashing it off the limiter and spitting flames then go home?

Just keep dropping the gears and make noise.... Or if you have a real car and do it all the time without tunnels lol

I can see some sort of massive rebellion run will attract tons of police and vosa folks to ream the life from the attendees.

edkillick
03-01-13, 08:41 PM
Not too sure what the whole deal is so far but I think we are just gonna meet at some services have a little meet and a chat then go for a few runs then end up going home or for a little meet elsewhere, if you'rei interested add me on facebook and Ill invite you to it and then you can see all the details, its an private event because half of essex will probably turn up in their little ricers haha, will be a few retro cars going as it is so should be a good little run! It's at 8.30 January 12th

Thurrock Motorway Services Area, Grays, Essex
RM16 3BG Grays Thurrock

Calamity Josh
03-01-13, 08:44 PM
good to see another essex nova owner :)

edkillick
03-01-13, 08:45 PM
Show your mates this post! We're tryina make this a decent meet so the more the merrier! Note no corsa b ricers haha

Stuart
03-01-13, 08:48 PM
Note this is NOT a png event, so if any members attend please remove png stickers, or behave like feck. We will not have our reputation tarnished for some cruise trying to stick it to the man.

mowgli
03-01-13, 08:49 PM
this reminds me of the newbie that tried to get us all to go to an illegal street race type thing at the Excel.

as far as i can see, nothing illegal actually happens on a tunnel run, as long as your car is legal anyway..... you drive along in 2nd gear & make some noise with the windows open. dartford & blackwall are hardly in residential areas

mowgli
03-01-13, 08:50 PM
Show your mates this post! We're tryina make this a decent meet so the more the merrier! Note no corsa b ricers haha

surely corsa b's can't be ricers, as ricers are japanese cars.......

Andy
03-01-13, 08:51 PM
The fail is very strong in here lol

meritlover
03-01-13, 08:52 PM
i think Sturat speaks for everyone when he says he doesnt want the club brought into disrepute.

quite wise! be safe and dont be silly!

edkillick
03-01-13, 09:04 PM
surely corsa b's can't be ricers, as ricers are japanese cars.......
well from what I've heard most people say anything can be rice as in just **** loads of stickers, massive wheels and pointless wings etc, well thats what youtube has taught me haha

Iain
03-01-13, 09:05 PM
Burrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooouuuuu uuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Connor
03-01-13, 09:09 PM
haha i got invited to this. Rather hit the tunnels on my own and not with loads of chums in corsas and saxos. Plus its a stupid idea as there is a traffic police and vosa station on the other side so its gonna end badly!

mowgli
03-01-13, 09:16 PM
bad.....?

like the small police exercise that took place near star city in brum... 400 people caught for illegal street racing

leggattr
03-01-13, 09:21 PM
I passed one of these on my way home from work (lakeside) one night. Full off jap cars when I saw it. The signs accross the bridge all say speed cameras now working so that's a max of 50mph.

Markd89
03-01-13, 09:36 PM
I like the way they only want "decent" cars there... such as no cars with big bodykits and daft exhausts, is this to show that only " nice " cars have car meets and not a 17year old chav with a saxo and a snowplough for a bumper ? As thats very wrong as most car meets that cause trouble are the ones in mcdonalds car parks.

mowgli
03-01-13, 09:43 PM
if you want the tunnel run experience, why not simply remove your middle box & replace it with a straight piece of pipe? it worked for my nephew on his landrover, made tons of noise & no extra speed, for the bargain price of £120

Stuart
03-01-13, 09:43 PM
The proper tunnel runners with real cars do it all above board and have the police onside...

mowgli
03-01-13, 09:46 PM
and a v8, or v12 supercar will always sound so much better than a swarm of 4 pot normal cars.

Alex J
04-01-13, 05:37 PM
can i bring my fiat ducato maxi??

turbojolt
04-01-13, 05:41 PM
can i bring my fiat ducato maxi??

you done a burnout in the van yet?