PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever watch a film or tv show & know something isn't right??

mowgli
01-01-13, 01:27 PM
last night i was watching skyfall, which i thought was quite good by the way, but i saw something that annoyed me.

http://u2know.net/uploads/skyfall-2012-james-bond_train_excavator_scene.jpg

now most of you will just see a crazy bond style chase.

what i saw was.......the cab is on the wrong side. [linky for proof (http://www.gregorypoole.com/AboutUs/News/Pages/Skyfall.aspx)]

so have you seen something in a movie or tv show that you know is wrong, and it really bugs you????

ps. any mention of Fast & furious type films may incure negative rep, cos on all of them, the bits between the titles & end credits are just wrong

brainsnova
01-01-13, 01:34 PM
In terminator 2 the guy driving the truck was a fat guy not T1000 at a couple of points.

phunkynova
01-01-13, 01:35 PM
2x special right hand drive model lol

L14MNP
01-01-13, 01:35 PM
It's Hollywood. Nothing is right.

Skyfall was disappointing IMO.

Andy
01-01-13, 01:39 PM
John Connor's xr 125 in terminator 2 having 2 stroke sounds when xr's are 4 stroke.
Not to mention its 35 gears

Mazz
01-01-13, 01:53 PM
Love this pic of the second Landy showing the old stig doing the driving..

http://www.gregorypoole.com/Website%20Images/News/Skyfall/makingof10.jpg

L14MNP
01-01-13, 02:04 PM
John Connor's xr 125 in terminator 2 having 2 stroke sounds when xr's are 4 stroke.
Not to mention its 35 gears

Interchangable bell housing. Same 'box was fitted to the TVR in 'Swordfish'.

Spudly
01-01-13, 02:49 PM
And no'one has mentioned the three armed T1000 flying the helicopter in T2 either lol

Think it was ashes to ashes, there is a scene (in 1982 at the time) where there are a load of early transit armoured vans pulling out of a depot, the car parked behind them as they drive off down the street was a rover 600 series, and in the first scene of weekender, theyre robbing a fag machine out of a pub (its set in 1980) and as they bundle it in, the naked landlord gives chase, with an N reg mk3 golf GTi behind him in the street :p

mk1nova_rich
01-01-13, 03:58 PM
There is a Mini in 633 squadron

Novasport
01-01-13, 04:18 PM
Why are the Beetles sideways on? At least there are three less Beetles in the world lol

mowgli
01-01-13, 06:41 PM
to be honest, the excavator is not chained down!!!! also, it is too wide for std gauge railways, as are the several beetles... let alone being way too high for the amazing number of tunnels that the train had to go thru

Iain
01-01-13, 06:52 PM
Fast and Furious films are awesome.

Benn
01-01-13, 07:00 PM
Is this just a new thing you've found?

Watch Gladiator again... It one of the worse films ever for things wrong... Back ground actors where jeans and trainers and digi watches.. A can of Coke on a stall in the market.. The gas bottles used to blow the carts over in the horse racing scenes, bits where people/stuff moves because of retakes.

therealnovaboy
01-01-13, 07:16 PM
The first scene when the landy 110 gets away from an A5. Clearly the A5 driver was retarded. However in the film he was not.

also in terminator 2 when john connors dirt bike changes from 2 stroke to 4 stroke

brainsnova
01-01-13, 07:31 PM
The reason for the bike change in T2 is stunt John is bigger so to keep it in proportion they got the bigger bike

mowgli
01-01-13, 08:28 PM
Is this just a new thing you've found?

Watch Gladiator again... It one of the worse films ever for things wrong... Back ground actors where jeans and trainers and digi watches.. A can of Coke on a stall in the market.. The gas bottles used to blow the carts over in the horse racing scenes, bits where people/stuff moves because of retakes.

nope, i've been seeing continuity errors, costume errors etc for decades, but this was so blindingly obvious to anyone in the construction trade...

but the biggest cockup i ever saw in a movie was a whoopi goldberg film where it went from day to night to day to night to day in a trip home.

followed by the james bond diamonds are forever vegas alley stunt, where the car went into the alley on 2 wheels & out on the other 2 wheels...

one error i always thought was unforgiveable was the original italian job. in ther sewer scenes, there was one bit where the 3 minis are belting down a large pipe & it was obvious that there were no passengers. the rest of the film was pretty much bang on.

Oh and the hangover..... just how much damage can a classic merc take & miraculously get fixed several times during a film???

Benn
01-01-13, 08:59 PM
Films are full of them. Yet every film has a continuity person to watch for/check all of that...

mowgli
01-01-13, 09:05 PM
i read about the making of swordfish. the production people had these storyboards for the infamous tvr vs. chevy SUV chase, and they didn't know the tvr wasn't an automatic. so there were all these pics of sticking it into drive & 2 feet on the massive brake pedal....

another unforgiveable one is in the Grand Prix film... when the camera shows the racing driver suddenly shoving his foot down further on the throttle pedal to pass his rival..... erm, surely they would already have it rammed down to the stop......

turbojolt
01-01-13, 09:05 PM
Fast and Furious films are awesome.

this.

p.s if you watch the film the borrowers they use a tape measure to get up in the celling, the metal end (that you hold the tape on to things with) is the wrong way round

staggy_gsi
01-01-13, 09:06 PM
In the rise of the footsoldier they use a passat estate to get away from the murder scene.
In one shot its on a D reg, then the next time you see it its on a G reg. gets right on my nips that!!

maddogdaz666
01-01-13, 09:09 PM
And no'one has mentioned the three armed T1000 flying the helicopter in T2 either lol

Think it was ashes to ashes, there is a scene (in 1982 at the time) where there are a load of early transit armoured vans pulling out of a depot, the car parked behind them as they drive off down the street was a rover 600 series, and in the first scene of weekender, theyre robbing a fag machine out of a pub (its set in 1980) and as they bundle it in, the naked landlord gives chase, with an N reg mk3 golf GTi behind him in the street :p

Also in ashes to ashes had lots of modern UPVC windows and doors in it!

mowgli
01-01-13, 09:10 PM
Fast and Furious films are awful.

corrected....i mean, he bangs the nitrous switch & suddenly the floor explodes, and someone reckons he's blown the manifold!!!!!

turbojolt
01-01-13, 09:14 PM
corrected....i mean, he bangs the nitrous switch & suddenly the floor explodes, and someone reckons he's blown the manifold!!!!!

i would be surprised if bits dont fall off my nova when i hit the nitrous lol

mowgli
01-01-13, 09:15 PM
i would be surprised if bits dont fall off my nova when i hit the nitrous lol

hmmmmm

meritlover
01-01-13, 09:41 PM
In The Perfect Storm, everyone dies (much like that stupid Open Water film) so how did they know what happened? and why were there camara men there and they didnt even help them?

novacabrio
01-01-13, 10:00 PM
If I am not mistaken the cage on the defender varies thought out the opening sequence, sometimes it's there other times its not. It was added for the stunt driver to drive from the top which if I remember right was Ben Colin's (the stig). To be really picky.. The cars started life as 2.4 tdci versions but they wrecked all the cars that Land Rover gave them so had to send more out for filming, the first batch were all build and specially tuned, fitted with big intercoolers and I think Auto boxes as a one off. The next batch were 2.2 tdci versions which the production crew felt were not fast enough for what they needed (its a bloody defender not a G55!!). My friend was approached about doing a remap for the cars as a piggy back tuning box so I managed to get him a loan of a demo to try out the box on. Boss wasn't keen until we had a call from a very senior person at land rover!

One mistake I have spotted in a film is in Qdadraphenia where the character is in his room and an Intercity 125 passes the window, this may not seem strange, but the film is set in 1964, the HST wasn't around until around 1973

novalovingned
02-01-13, 12:25 AM

Did he not hit the nitrous then the floor started un-riveting itself, fell down at one side and was scraping along the road at 600mph lol I can't remember any exploding in that scene lol

16v
02-01-13, 12:51 AM
Did he not hit the nitrous then the floor started un-riveting itself, fell down at one side and was scraping along the road at 600mph lol I can't remember any exploding in that scene lol
Your spot on then to make it worse dom jumps in and the floor is back haha also in fast and furious when the impreza rolls after coming out the tunnel thers no prop shaft on it lol

mowgli
02-01-13, 08:12 AM

its funny how the floor isn't actually riveted in in cars though....

as for tokyo daft.... all the evo's that are suddenly rwd only......

turbojolt
02-01-13, 10:18 AM

thats got to be product placement becuase who the **** drifts evos lol

Spudly
02-01-13, 02:01 PM
Also in ashes to ashes had lots of modern UPVC windows and doors in it!

Things like that are unavoidable, thats why all of the street scenes were shot at strange angles looking up at the characters to minimse the 'modern-ess' of the area, plus a lot of it was filmed in back alley's and cut-throughs for the reson the fronts of the houses were way too modern to be believeable lol

mk1nova_rich
02-01-13, 03:17 PM
Things like that are unavoidable, thats why all of the street scenes were shot at strange angles looking up at the characters to minimse the 'modern-ess' of the area, plus a lot of it was filmed in back alley's and cut-throughs for the reson the fronts of the houses were way too modern to be believeable lol

Should have filmed it in Hull to avoid these problems :plol

Spudly
02-01-13, 03:36 PM
Feck off, says you who lives in leeds, went to see family in bradford and the outskirts of leeds and bradford look alike, that and the fact that theyre still in the 1900's, the terraced houses there wouldve made a far better backdrop :p

L14MNP
02-01-13, 05:41 PM

Iain was posting ironically mate...

Lots of 4WD Evo's and Impreza's are converted to RWD for drifting.
We all know floors aren't rivetted in ffs. We all know Fast and Furious films, along with every Hollywood blockbuster are littered with continuity and general mistakes, but as per usual, you post in a manner which implies you are educating the rest of us.

This amuses me.

Shock horror! When they roll the Minis down the cliff in The Italian Job, some are partially stripped and not genuine Coopers. I have more Italian Job 'inside info' that no doubt you ordinary people have failed to notice.

One day I shall share it with you... ;) etc

mowgli
02-01-13, 07:45 PM
limp, i am not trying to educate you, i'm trying to hold a conversation with people who have posted their own opinions & contributions, yet you always have a problem with my written words.... sorry, but i also talk like this, its how we do in our part of the world.

ps. the italian job fansite has pretty much all of the trivia on the subject. it is quite a good read....

turbojolt
02-01-13, 07:53 PM
there is another problem with the Italian job no one ever mentions, its ****, its so **** it hurts, Micheal Caine is the ****tiest actor to ever be famous, the actors in towie and made in cheesy land have more talent then him

p.s its ****

mowgli
02-01-13, 08:04 PM
i think you are on your own with that one tj

turbojolt
02-01-13, 08:17 PM
i find it so hard to believe that film has entered some kinda iconic state, the acting was shocking and that apparent brilliant car chase was like something from a Benny hill sketch

i believe the only reason most people enjoy/bare it is because its trusted down there throat as being a brilliant master piece, the only part right about that is the word piece, but master should have been before it and 'of ****' should have followed

mowgli
03-01-13, 08:00 AM
it used the technology of the day.

if a modern proper remake was made, it probably would be technically more exciting, but quite simply, the mini coopers (or not) could not have gone any faster than they did. most people view the late 60's with a certain amount of nostalgia, of a world long vanished, any these old films help with this.

i suppose you are not a fan of get carter too?

Jack
03-01-13, 12:46 PM
Don't confuse it (either of them, Italian Job or Get Carter) with the naff hollywood remakes mind lol

Considering he was liquid metal that could change to pretty much any shape, you're worried he's grown another arm? lol

I prefer general fails. Terminator series for example, how did John Connor go from being a street wise kid full of attitude in T2 to a whimpering simpleton in T3 then back to a badass again in T4? Also, now I've not read the books so this might have completely passed me by, but one thing I've always wondered about Lord of the Rings is where the hell are the Dwarves throughout the story? They show up in Rivendell then generally buggered off for the rest of it

Spudly
03-01-13, 04:13 PM
Considering he was liquid metal that could change to pretty much any shape, you're worried he's grown another arm? lol

Ahh but, as Arnie explains, he can only copy shapes he has made contact with, i never saw him make contact with a three armed policeman :p