PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Combo help..

benw456
30-12-12, 07:45 PM
Iv recently picked up a 2002 Corsa combo van 1.7 DI.

It spins over but will not fire and seems low on compression.

Iv tried spraying a little easy start into the intake and it tries a little to fire but still nothing.

The timing belt cover has been taken off and the belt isnt snapped so thats that one eliminated.

The header bottle is full of oil and there appears to be a lack of coolant.

Am I right in thinking that it could possibly be the headgasket with the two mixing and the lack of compression?

Any help appreciated!

blue_peg_16v
30-12-12, 10:15 PM
Throw the 16v lump in the bin and fit the good old Isuzu problems over

But yeah sounds like head gasket

Andy
30-12-12, 10:40 PM
fuel pump no doubt aswell
I wouldnt have thought easy start would make it start

findog
30-12-12, 10:55 PM
Reach down the back of the block and give the ecu a tap while someone turns it over. Comp will go down with all the cramnking over. take it it's a jap engine in it? Joints in the ecu go. Worth a go. 4 bolts takes it off and it can be repaired.

davidfox280585
31-12-12, 11:17 AM

Iv tried spraying a little easy start into the intake and it tries a little to fire but still nothing.

The timing belt cover has been taken off and the belt isnt snapped so thats that one eliminated.

Am I right in thinking that it could possibly be the headgasket with the two mixing and the lack of compression?

Any help appreciated!

oil cooler split and they have ran it for a while and eventually popped head gasket imo hence spinning fast no compression,
either new engine time or sell it to me lol

davidfox280585
31-12-12, 11:18 AM
fuel pump no doubt aswell
I wouldnt have thought easy start would make it start
they will start these andy on easystart ive had a issue with one before:thumb:

davidfox280585
31-12-12, 11:23 AM

Any help appreciated!

your main issue is your engine doesnt look like this lol
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/davidfox280585/combo%20and%20corsavan/WP_000294.jpg

Andy
31-12-12, 11:39 AM
they will start these andy on easystart ive had a issue with one before:thumb:
Cheers,i didnt realise that,didnt think it would work.

AndrewJenkins
31-12-12, 11:44 AM
oil cooler split and they have ran it for a while and eventually popped head gasket imo hence spinning fast no compression,
either new engine time or sell it to me lol

correct we had this on one of our customers cars oil coolers arnt cheap either like everyone else says put the izuzu lump in there much more reliable

benw456
31-12-12, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the replies, 3 pistons are chipped and have scored the bores aswell hence the no compression. No head damage though.

David, can you point me in the right direction on how to wire the izuzu lump up? And what other bits/parts I will need to fit it?

Cheers

davidfox280585
31-12-12, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the replies, 3 pistons are chipped and have scored the bores aswell hence the no compression. No head damage though.

David, can you point me in the right direction on how to wire the izuzu lump up? And what other bits/parts I will need to fit it?

Cheers

no worries,i have a sweet engine for sale with everything you need ran sweet,i was keeping it as a spare but i doubt i will use it,
only been out a astra tds 2 month and ran sweet as £150
to do it budget
£150 engine
£70 cambelt kit and service kit with oil
mk4 astra pedal £10

£230 all in then
- £60 17di edu on ebay
-airflow meter £10
head £50-100
by the time you consider everything its cheaper to convert to old style as dti stuff they want a fortune

ist thing to note is keep the ecu as without it your screwed
conversion uses
use the di/dti gearbox ,flywheel and clutch
use the di/dti alternator and bracket and charge wires see my pic and you can see it runs by cam cover still
cambelt kit use the mk3 astra tds one
smash the coded section off the tds pump and will leave an inch of wire to solder onto and find a redundant switched live,
cut all the dti engine loom keeping the brown/blue(i think) anyway its the crank sensor signal to ecu wire
use the dti thermostat housing this keeps all your fans as factory and the temp gauge ok,
use the standard di dti glow wiring obviously cut down and made to screw onto the early rail,
keep the combo fuel filter setup as its a lot better
exhaust is the same
tag the green rpm output pin off the alternator to the crank signal wire,this wakes the dti ecu up to turn on the steering and clocks etc

its a lot easier than it sounds honest
the engine swap is a doddle as it lifts all in from the top so you dont have to take gearbox etc out

benw456
01-01-13, 03:46 PM
David, you are a star man!

If I decide to do it and I got stuck with some bits would you be able to help me out?

Would the izuzu run ok on veg oil/bio diesel?

Also does you spare engine come with everything I need? And do you have a contact number?

Cheers!

davidfox280585
01-01-13, 06:11 PM
yes its a pretty easy conversion to be honest, but yes i will help you out via phone if needs be,
the isuzu run lovely on bio veg i ran my old cav on (now jacks white one) on used engine oil lol
the engine comes with everything you will need to convert including throttle cable and charge plug as i took everything out of the donor i would need as i planned to put it in a mk4 astravan for somebody but i was let down on a van by somebody,

ive done 7k in mine now and its never missed a beat the downside is you will lose the rev counter as it overreads unless you can alter the signal to the ecu via a box dom on mig sells.

my number is 07854427625
personally ive never missed my rev counter to be honest