PDA

View Full Version : GTE Nova Manifold

NathanKirkpatrick
28-12-12, 07:57 PM
looking to get a manifold for the nova but dont know what to go for. I am looking with one that has a good note/grunt from it. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks Nathan...

therealnovaboy
28-12-12, 07:59 PM
They all sound much and such the same. You are better going for one that has decent build quality than anything else.

NathanKirkpatrick
28-12-12, 08:01 PM
They all sound much and such the same. You are better going for one that has decent build quality than anything else.

what would you recommend?

therealnovaboy
28-12-12, 08:07 PM
Im not sure there is many places that still do them. My ashley one seems good enough to me.

paul james
28-12-12, 08:07 PM
Is there anything wrong with the standard manifold? as its a nice design anyway, with a 4-2-1 layout. Almost all replacement 'performance' manifolds are a simpler 4-1 design, which isn't better, and you may find worse. And if you want an improvment in noise, then its the rest if the system you want to look at, mainly the rear box.

NathanKirkpatrick
28-12-12, 08:12 PM
Is there anything wrong with the standard manifold? as its a nice design anyway, with a 4-2-1 layout. Almost all replacement 'performance' manifolds are a simpler 4-1 design, which isn't better, and you may find worse. And if you want an improvment in noise, then its the rest if the system you want to look at, mainly the rear box.

Not sure on what the rear box is but it came of my cousins red top nova but theres a decent sound from it but im looking to get a full system connected also..

brucer
28-12-12, 08:54 PM
i heard off an engine builder that the standard manifold is more than adequete flow wise so wouldnt need changing.

i did read on here that opening out the downpipe where it joins on the manifold helps a tadge more.

mowgli
28-12-12, 09:55 PM
there are plenty of better things to do to a gte before swapping the manifold.

the std one is good enough until you've done the head, cam etc.