PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any lpg conversion knowledge ?

Adam
27-12-12, 07:51 PM
My brothers just picked a motor up with a lpg conversion. Am I allowed to mess/remove this system myself or is it a 'pro' only job ?
I seem to remember reading a while ago that these needed qualified persons to work on them ?

Markd89
27-12-12, 07:53 PM
Only qualified people are supposed to mess around with them as they are very very dangerous,ive seen a tank go up before in a landrover than had a leak, although how many people actually listen in the real world ? a certified garage has to issue a certificate when one is fitted otherwise it wont pass the mot.

Adam
27-12-12, 08:15 PM
About as dangerous as petrol tbh? lol

Need to find somewhere that sells lpg firstly, see if the systems working ok.
Yeah got the installation certificate.

Iain
27-12-12, 09:05 PM
Whatever you do Adam wear safety goggles.

meritlover
27-12-12, 09:31 PM
safety boots are more important.

its like any certified system. If each joint isnt sealed/protected and its assembled properly, who is to say that its been broken and made off.

if you are in any doubt.
dont touch.

Iain
27-12-12, 09:39 PM
I have to disagree, it's easier to get a replacement foot than a replacement eyeball.

meritlover
27-12-12, 09:47 PM
yes but its easier to walk with one eye than it is with one foot.

also you can run away and get help if you poke your eye.

either way, iam glad you and i consider safety first and foremost and iam happy to continue this debate in my bedroom.

blue_peg_16v
27-12-12, 09:58 PM
Adam it's legal to fit yourself but you have to get it checked by an approved installer to get a certificate for it as insurance companies won't cover it unless you have a certificate of installation

I fitted a kit to my gsi vectra was cheap as chips to run on it