PDA

View Full Version : coilovers on corsa b

kc_08
26-12-12, 02:30 PM
hi im just fitting some coilovers at the moment, just want to check i can use the bits off my old spring and shocks, and also to make sure ive got the top mount etc the right way round, i have the metal spring cup on then the bearing, then the platform with the 2 nuts on which hold the shock onto the turret and then the metal cone thing where the nut bolts into the centre of that? just seems like a gap between the new spring holder and the bearing 'platform'
Thanks for any help Kc

Nobby
26-12-12, 03:50 PM
have you stripped them down yet? basiclly take the top nut off and grab the lot on the top and just slide the old strut out or as you remove them put them face down n=in order you take them off.

kc_08
26-12-12, 04:04 PM
yeah i did that although the old rubber bit at the bottom where it has a slit out for the top of the spring to sit in, that just slid down my coilover over the new thinner spring and didnt fit, i have it all on there how it come off pretty much ive put it on the car but its now scrubbing on the back of the tyre so i must of done somthing wrong, the top bolt hole on the bottom of the coilover has a bigger hole so you can adjust a slight bit of camber i think? maybe this is wrong? but didnt think it should be sat on the wheel

Nobby
26-12-12, 11:22 PM
sounds like you have alignment issues pal cant you jack the car up with the wheel just off the ground and get a mate to pull the wheel away from the strut then you tighten it up? or you will need to buy some camber bolts?

kc_08
29-12-12, 02:38 PM
tried it today buddy, i also stuck on my slab so i know its the right offset wheel, we done that and it pulled it away but once i put full lock etc on its now touching again when the wheels are straight, il go see if its moved by the camber bolt again and re-adjust and beast it up lol, failing that was going to fiund some 5mm spacers or somthing, not really sure now get pissed off to easily