PDA

View Full Version : What happend to the white mk1 sr?

EwanG
24-12-12, 06:40 PM
What happend to the white mk1 sr that was written off by the garage? It was a few months ago. I am sure it had a redtop in it. Just wondering what the outcome was? If this happend to mine I might go to jail lol

conza123
24-12-12, 06:47 PM
I remember this. The made some silly excuse that the throttle stuck and brakes failed at the same time iirc

16v Nova Kev
24-12-12, 06:54 PM
If it was me I would do this.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg8/16vnovakev/8C4F7491-D3A2-4B58-A9B4-F69E7B3BB7EC-414-00000054EA238C36.jpg

EwanG
24-12-12, 06:55 PM
Aye but did the garage pay out? If the throttle stuck then they could of pressed the clutch and switched the engine off. Also why were they driving it anyway??

16v Nova Kev
24-12-12, 06:59 PM
We test drive nice things in work, just to make sure the paint is dry you know

EwanG
24-12-12, 07:01 PM
We test drive nice things in work, just to make sure the paint is dry you know
lollollollollollollollollollollol

Edd
24-12-12, 07:06 PM
Don't think the chap ever reported back what happened payout wise

I'd be locked up if I had that done to me, but I'd never ever leave the Sport for any amount of time

Novasport
24-12-12, 07:06 PM
We had a Z3M in at our old work that felt skittish under braking after a major repair at the bodyshop. The workshop controller took it out on roadtest and lost it wiping out a bus shelter in the process. Turned out the brake pipes were put back in the wrong place in the ABS unit.

Where i work now, one of the lads wrote off a 106 S2 Rallye :(

If i remember, i will post some pics of the Mini the trainee lad took out and rolled through a field

EwanG
24-12-12, 07:09 PM
Feck this! I think now if any of my cars are getting an mot or repair work done I will stay at the station and if a test drive is needed I will be there! Unless there insurance doesnt cover me as a passanger??

craig green
24-12-12, 07:44 PM
Turned out the brake pipes were put back in the wrong place in the ABS unit.

Where i work now, one of the lads wrote off a 106 S2 Rallye :(

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atleast it wasn't an early phase 1.

Novasport
24-12-12, 07:53 PM
If i remember, i will post some pics of the Mini the trainee lad took out and rolled through a field

...he made a lovely job of it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/01022007118.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/01022007116.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/01022007115.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/01022007114.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/01022007112.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/01022007107.jpg

Novasport
24-12-12, 07:54 PM
Never seen a glass sunroof bend before...:eek:

16v Nova Kev
24-12-12, 08:01 PM
Eek bet the punter was well happy

Novasport
24-12-12, 08:04 PM
Ah, they got a new car out of it.

kent14sr
24-12-12, 08:05 PM
At the end of the day, if you take your car to a garage for a repair and that repair requires a test drive then there will always be a risk.

However, the blatant point of this one was an MOT doesnt need a test drive so there was no reason for their "joyride" - therefore on face value its little more than taking without owners consent in my opinion and the garage should be shut down and stripped of their VOSA accreditation on the basis on the info that was given on here some time ago.

conza123
24-12-12, 08:54 PM
Ive nearly lost a customers car before but it wouldnt of been my fault as some **** drove at me. I allways drive sensably in customers cos if i damage i would probley loss my job.

On anothet point the older mechanic got told off for overtaking a customer in their own car at speed lol

conza123
24-12-12, 08:54 PM
Ive nearly lost a customers car before but it wouldnt of been my fault as some **** drove at me. I allways drive sensably in customers cos if i damage i would probley loss my job.

On anothet point the older mechanic got told off for overtaking a customer in their own car at speed lol

staggy_gsi
24-12-12, 09:20 PM
Never seen a glass sunroof bend before...:eek:

A mate of mine wrote a corsa off a few years back, the roof went down but one of the rear side windows bent with it by quite a considerable amount. I walked up to it and literally flicked it with my finger and it shattered! Weird how it held up in an 80mph collision but not to my mega hard fingers lol

brainsnova
24-12-12, 10:20 PM
20-30 years ago an apprentice at ford full throttled a just repaired mini into a brick wall in the garage lol guess he never understood how a clutch worked

Novasport
24-12-12, 10:32 PM
My sisters boyfriend was fittig a stereo in a BMW back in the 90's. He stuck it in reverse to move the gearstick out of the way. When he had finished he started it up and the car backed itself off the ramp leaving the drivers door wrapped around the ramp post lol.

Also had a BMW compact in with a Clifford intellistart or whatever it was called. The car was left with us overnight and the tech left it in gear. He went to unlock it with the remote and it started itself and ploughed through his nice shiny Snap-On box :(

The valeter at the same place was bringing a car into the showroom. He opened the big glass sliding door and went to get the car. One of the salesman thought it a little cold and shut the door again, the valeter then drives round and straight through the glass door thinking it was open lol

Novasport
24-12-12, 10:38 PM
Got one of the parts lad come to me and said 'come and have a look at this'. Went out to find a five series with the biggest 'V' up the boot and roof. Turned out he was towing his boat and he had to rake heavy, his boat rode out of the trailer and mounted his car. Wish I had took a pic of it, was fooking hilarious.

Also had a customer needing a bulb replacing on his five series. One of the service lads drove it round to the workshop. I saw it about to come in and what was about to happen. I shouted and waved at him to stop but I was too late and he ploughed into the workshop roller shutter door with about £2,500 of the customers bike sat on the roof rack!
That was an interesting conversation

conza123
24-12-12, 10:46 PM
My sisters boyfriend was fittig a stereo in a BMW back in the 90's. He stuck it in reverse to move the gearstick out of the way. When he had finished he started it up and the car backed itself off the ramp leaving the drivers door wrapped around the ramp post lol.

Also had a BMW compact in with a Clifford intellistart or whatever it was called. The car was left with us overnight and the tech left it in gear. He went to unlock it with the remote and it started itself and ploughed through his nice shiny Snap-On box :(

The valeter at the same place was bringing a car into the showroom. He opened the big glass sliding door and went to get the car. One of the salesman thought it a little cold and shut the door again, the valeter then drives round and straight through the glass door thinking it was open lol

lol

staggy_gsi
24-12-12, 10:47 PM
However, the blatant point of this one was an MOT doesnt need a test drive so there was no reason for their "joyride" - therefore on face value its little more than taking without owners consent in my opinion

Unless, (and im not sticking up for the garage in any way whatsoever) the car was too low for the brake rollers. In which case you are permitted to drive the car to a suitable place to carry out a decellerometer test. I highly doubt this is what happened in this case though!