PDA

View Full Version : Scotish forum members

16v Nova Kev
23-12-12, 07:28 PM
I'm looking to start a little list of non paid up scotish members.
1. Marc69 aberdeen
2. Therealnovaboy aberdeen
3.davidkedens irvine
4. Paulyb. Greenock
5. Novalovingned Aberdeen
6. Briansnova.
7. Jordangraham Aberdeen

marc69
23-12-12, 07:30 PM
that'll be me

16v Nova Kev
23-12-12, 07:32 PM
Cool there are more I'm sure

therealnovaboy
23-12-12, 07:37 PM
me

sport
23-12-12, 07:49 PM
This list will be called the tight arsed list lol

therealnovaboy
23-12-12, 07:51 PM
yes or the aberdonian list.

DAVIDKEDENS
23-12-12, 08:02 PM
me. will get a membership soon lol lol

paulyb
23-12-12, 08:53 PM
Here's another tightarse:D Paulyb, asked for a membership for Xmas.

brainsnova
23-12-12, 09:00 PM
Me but no nova so can't benefit from discounts only transit intercoolers lol

novalovingned
23-12-12, 09:05 PM
I'm looking to start a little list of non paid up scotish members.
1. Marc69 aberdeen
2. Therealnovaboy aberdeen
3. Novalovingned Aberdeen lol

There seems there is a pattern emerging with us Aberdeen lot lol

I've never been a fully paid member for some reason!

Why you starting this list mate?

sport
23-12-12, 09:10 PM
There seems there is a pattern emerging with us Aberdeen lot lol

I've never been a fully paid member for some reason!

Why you starting this list mate?

Think Kevs trying to get an idea of how many Scottish members paid up or not use this site.

novalovingned
23-12-12, 09:28 PM
Think Kevs trying to get an idea of how many Scottish members paid up or not use this site.

I see. I have noticed recently that there are a good few of us scots on here now. Just such a shame it's novas we own and there all in pieces. Wouldn't mind a good old nova meet!

therealnovaboy
23-12-12, 10:00 PM
Yeah, if we have more meets and events in scotland Id be more inclined to spend my £10 membership every year. but then again i am tight.

16v Nova Kev
23-12-12, 10:07 PM
I'm making a list just to see how many members we have paid or not, the other list is I the paid up scotish region section.
Basically I want to get as many to attend meets as I can paid members or not. Also thinking if its easier to make the region an east coast/ west coast type of thing

Jordangraham
23-12-12, 10:24 PM
me! Aberdeenshire

raf24
24-12-12, 09:01 AM
You can add me to the list,i'm even paid up till july 2014 as i paid twice by mistake lol

NOV4_SPORT
24-12-12, 10:26 AM
Also thinking if its easier to make the region an east coast/ west coast type of thing

Good idea mate, but just hope it doesn't turn out like an east/west coast rivalry lol,

waggygsi
24-12-12, 12:48 PM
meeeeeeee lol just put ayr down lol

Chay84
24-12-12, 03:55 PM
Me, Angus area

vx kev
24-12-12, 07:03 PM
Its the age old topic again, its too big a region to please everyone with regards to meets etc. So thats probably why its always a poor turn out or just the same old people that attend! IMO :)

16v Nova Kev
24-12-12, 07:05 PM
I think there should be a split

vx kev
24-12-12, 07:11 PM
But on another note, its also just sods law that the bulk of any regular members have their Novas off the road or in different stages of rebuild throughout the year an therefore cant attend a meeting. 2013 could be the year that changes that ;)

16v Nova Kev
24-12-12, 07:16 PM
Hope so mine will Defo be done and on the road. It might not be the spec I want but hey ho

therealnovaboy
24-12-12, 07:25 PM
Ill have mine on the road this year for sure. Might even put both on the road and give the SR a run and service. Is there a thread for a meet IE who will have a nova on the road for 2013,

vx kev
24-12-12, 07:39 PM
Also worth metioning that usually meetings are arranged within the regional club section, so all those non paid up (tight) members dont see this lol

paulyb
Why not just have a central meet bang inbetween Glasgow and Edinburgh and then have a smaller north/east/west/south meets?

Or am I getting carried away :D

16v Nova Kev
Not yet, might be a good idea

Hobbit
24-12-12, 08:04 PM
Bare in mind local events are arranged in members area for a reason, If users are not committed enough to the site to join the club properly why should they be invited to events? I know its a tough one as we would all like to see as many people attend meets as possible, but turning it into a free for all by inviting non members is risky. At least when its members only you have a good chance everyone will behave themselves, as they are representing a club they themselves have invested in...

therealnovaboy
24-12-12, 08:07 PM
Falkirk wouldnt be too bad. Its about 2 hours from aberdeen. Be pretty piss driving for 2 hours to see that nobody turns up right enough.

If there was more meets in scotland I wouldnt grudge paying for membership. However the last time I payed up there was nothing happening north of england.

sport
24-12-12, 08:41 PM
I think there should be a split

Although we have a large region to cover, we only have a small membership i dont think we could split the region. Ive said before try and arange meets in diffrent areas to suit the members but again this will only work with people willing to travel a bit, which shouldnt be a problem as were a car club and cars are desgined to travel.

So far weve had meets at,
Falkirk wheel
Loch Lomand
Knockhill
Crail
Plus a few of Bazils infamous road trips.

But as always its up to the regions members to suggest where to meet at.

bazil
24-12-12, 08:54 PM
One of my trips went from paisley, silverburn, stirling, callander, balloch, milngavie, clydebank, then back home.

I do try to plan a route but sadly that day it was mostly paisley and Glasgow folk that turned up.

I know it sounds harsh but some folk dont want to go to a meet unless it's on their doorstep, oh and since joining in 2009 and attending sevral events and going to Billing twice I've never had a nova on the road.

At the last meet we had an Audi S3, Astra VXR, pug 205 GTI and graeme's nova. So dont presume you have to have a nova to join in.

sport
24-12-12, 08:58 PM
And thats was the first time i had a Nova at a Nova meet in god knows how long lol

NOV4_SPORT
25-12-12, 12:41 PM
Scotland is a big region to cover and I know back in the old days of the PNG there was two r,c's Steven and craig, but that was when there were more members spread over Scotland so needed two r,c's . As hobbit has said if the local meets are opened up to people who are not committed enough to become full members might not behave themselves as their not representing the club.

For all it costs to become a full memeber of the club it's shows you are more committed to the club as a whole as well as other benefits . There has been meets in various places over Scotland and all have gone well, granted not all members attended in novas lol, wither the car was in bits, in a bodyshop or whatever it was good to meet up with the members for banter a good drive and stopping for food, pics etc it's always been a good laugh.

It makes scence that if there is more payed up members then there is more people to attend the meets and the region would strongly benefit from this, as looking in the Scottish region section it's dead !

We have had two region organisers in the past, one was a total gimp and took a bitch fit and left and the other was to busy with work commitments etc Iam not sure if Moffat is still wanting to take on the roll ?

Either way we need a good regional organiser other wise the region will be nothing !

This is just my opinion I could be wrong lol

waggygsi
25-12-12, 02:53 PM
i have posted up about meets twice i think on this page with an ok turn out the last meet i arrange through a facebook page there was about 7 or 8 Novas at strathclyde park

NOV4_SPORT
25-12-12, 05:45 PM
Waggy yeh I remember that meet it was a really good turn out and some very nice novas there

Hobbit
25-12-12, 06:41 PM
Either way we need a good regional organiser other wise the region will be nothing !
l

You don't need someone with a bull**** title (half the current rc's do bugger all) you just need commited members and arange meets between yourselves.

Edd
25-12-12, 06:48 PM
I ain't seen Moffat on here since he scammed me

novalovingned
25-12-12, 09:35 PM

Do share?

Last nova meet I went to was at Falkirk wheel. Iirc there was three of us that actually turned up. Us the 888, Shaun in his yellow loon and some other guy in a verde green mk2. Wasn't really worth the 2 hour drive tbh. Puts you off future meets :(

thegingerwhinger
25-12-12, 10:06 PM
Explain?

waggygsi
25-12-12, 10:25 PM
Waggy yeh I remember that meet it was a really good turn out and some very nice novas there

Cheers bud i am willing to travel to glasgow etc if its going to be a laff also if more people turn up then that will encourage more people to come. we have only had meets in glasgow an ayr an had people from glasgow come down to ayr and vice versa. i would really like to have a goot meet as that last meet was the first in years ive seen sum good novas about here at a good meet but it will only be as good as the people that turn up bud

Edd
25-12-12, 10:37 PM
Do share?

Explain?

I agreed a swap with him, he received the parts i sent him, and he hasnt bothered to send me the parts he agreed to, Ive pm'd him loads, then he finally got back to me with all the excuses in the the world, then promising to send them and nothing, its not a load of cash lost, just rather people be honest

marc69
26-12-12, 12:06 PM
There was a meet in 2011 at Knockhill, I took my SR and turned up, the novas weren't where they said they would be, I could only see two and no-one spoke. Although two folk said on here afterwards that they had seen my car.

sport
26-12-12, 12:39 PM

You don't need someone with a bull**** title (half the current rc's do bugger all) you just need commited members and arange meets between yourselves.

I agree with Hobbit on this one Iain, to many people like the idea of being Regional R/C but then do nothing when they are. If people want to have a meet post up there plans and take it from there, no need for one person to be God lol

Do share?

Last nova meet I went to was at Falkirk wheel. Iirc there was three of us that actually turned up. Us the 888, Shaun in his yellow loon and some other guy in a verde green mk2. Wasn't really worth the 2 hour drive tbh. Puts you off future meets :(

Did i not leave a lasting impresion on you lol as i was there aswell, in a white Vectra estate.

NOV4_SPORT
26-12-12, 02:43 PM
Yeh I totally agree I just think the region needs a People to be more pro active in helping it to work, I was in no way trying to put myself forward for the role it just needs to be a bit better organised imo

novalovingned
26-12-12, 05:51 PM
I seem to remember a White vectra estate now you mention it lol was a very long time ago mind you.

saloon-mogz
26-12-12, 06:43 PM
i was at a meet there years ago with scottish novas

novalovingned
26-12-12, 08:16 PM
Someone should start Scottish novas again lol might get a bit more luck with regards to meets/averts? Plus it would be good to have a stand alone Scottish nova community again lol

Anyone fancy the task?

sport
26-12-12, 08:22 PM
Someone should start Scottish novas again lol might get a bit more luck with regards to meets/averts? Plus it would be good to have a stand alone Scottish nova community again lol

Anyone fancy the task?

There seems to be one on facebook, but cant show with them at Billing so ill stick with PNG.

waggygsi
27-12-12, 11:07 AM
There seems to be one on facebook, but cant show with them at Billing so ill stick with PNG.

Thats where the last 3 or 4 meets i have been to are arranged through

bazil
27-12-12, 11:55 AM

Stick a thread up on here the next time as not all of us are on the Facebook group, I'm on one on FB and that's enough for me on there,

novalovingned
27-12-12, 08:18 PM

Handy for us guys who don't have gaybook lol

DAVIDKEDENS
27-12-12, 11:58 PM
If your a Scottish member get on this forum aswell its not popular but we're trying our best to get it going. LINK BELOW

http://scottishnovas.forumotion.com/

novalovingned
28-12-12, 12:48 AM
If your a Scottish member get on this forum aswell its not popular but we're trying our best to get it going. LINK BELOW

As you said, doesn't look like it's taking off. Looks like a half arsed attempt at the old Scottish novas imo.

I would have taken on the challenge, but my last forum Was a nightmare to run after a couple of years. It's hassle nobody can be arsed with lol

Andy
28-12-12, 12:55 AM
most number of users 13?
That many could fit in the trainspotting bog!

I'll **** off now with the stereotypical trainspotting jokes,no malice is meant just roflz and lo1z lol
Bazil laughs and so does kev and a few others so whatever lol

bazil
28-12-12, 12:56 AM
Don't worry Andy, I'm sure I'll get some English jokes in soon lol

Andy
28-12-12, 12:58 AM
Course you will,you lot hate us and have more members to go at lol

L14MNP
28-12-12, 01:02 AM
Hey baw bag where you fae?

I had the misfortune of visiting Stonehaven last week. lol

bazil
28-12-12, 01:04 AM
Hey baw bag where you fae?

Flol A-BAWBAG is my playstation ID lollol

Andy
28-12-12, 01:05 AM
LOL suppose you had to really,i imagine BUCKFAZT was taken aplenty??

L14MNP
28-12-12, 01:07 AM
Being Scottish AND owning a Playstation. I feel for you, bro! lol

bazil
28-12-12, 01:08 AM
Oan the buckie was avalible but I figured BAWBAG had a better ring to it, plus when you shoot some **** in COD it comes up you were killed by a BAWBAG on their screen lol

bazil
28-12-12, 01:09 AM
Being Scottish AND owning a Playstation. I feel for you, bro! lol

Could be worse, I could almost be scottish and have a deathbox lol

L14MNP
28-12-12, 01:09 AM
lol lol

You fae Braeheed Baz?

bazil
28-12-12, 01:11 AM
Na mate, I'm in a posh village lol, I enjoy the FREEEEEEEDOM of the countryside

L14MNP
28-12-12, 01:11 AM
Could be worse, I could almost be scottish and have a deathbox lol

Almost lol GTF. I am Northern. We built this country etc (dunno about yours).
We are a bit too close for comfort mind. :d

I don't have an Xbox. It errr... broke. lol

L14MNP
28-12-12, 01:12 AM
Na mate, I'm in a posh village lol, I enjoy the FREEEEEEEDOM of the countryside

lol @ FREEEEEDOMMMmmmm*gag*

I have a mate called McLeud btw. Endless amusement.

bazil
28-12-12, 01:15 AM
Now that's funny lol, like McKracken, soooo many jokes lol

Andy
28-12-12, 01:18 AM
I grew up on an estate with a family called mcCracken,proper hard *******s who you wouldnt wanna mess with actually lol

L14MNP
28-12-12, 01:19 AM
lol I nearly killed myself with laughter when I won a bet, and said Gimme the prize/Don't lose your head.

Goes without saying that 'there can be only one' gets a regular outing too. lol

McKracken lol Who's that then, a mate?

Andy
28-12-12, 01:29 AM
Just an hard family off the estate who could fight like fukk lol
Handy lads like lol

Andy
28-12-12, 01:30 AM
back in east hull this mind

L14MNP
28-12-12, 01:34 AM
Just an hard family off the estate who could fight like fukk lol
Handy lads like lol

Not you man, Bazil. I replied to him as you were posting that. CBA to quote on phone.

Can't beat crazy families from school days. A lad I know from a notorious family never lost a fight. He had some beauties too!
Was like the terminator. If he was down, he always got back up. lol

Andy
28-12-12, 01:39 AM
Not you man, Bazil. I replied to him as you were posting that. CBA to quote on phone.

Can't beat crazy families from school days. A lad I know from a notorious family never lost a fight. He had some beauties too!
Was like the terminator. If he was down, he always got back up. lol
An hard lad from teesside liam if you heard of him before,Brian Cockerill,was a tv prgramme with that grass macintyre and a good book out which i have.
Great watch and read.

16v Nova Kev
28-12-12, 11:08 AM
I grew up on an estate with a family called mcCracken,proper hard *******s who you wouldnt wanna mess with actually lol

Was the dads name Phil? Lol

vx kev
28-12-12, 07:14 PM
Lovin the Scottish/English banter, excuse me while i go back to the boring subject lol
Carry on :thumb:

As you said, doesn't look like it's taking off. Looks like a half arsed attempt at the old Scottish novas imo.

I would have taken on the challenge, but my last forum Was a nightmare to run after a couple of years. It's hassle nobody can be arsed with lol

lol Stumbled across that site having had discusions with other Nova owners that are on Scottish Novas on facebook. Seems it was setup back in 2009 with no uptake of members, thought we could maybe get the facebook members to shift over and possibly do things with the site, but as you's said its not happening. Cant get in touch with whomever is in charge of the site so its pretty much going to look like a dogs dinner of a forum anyway.
Worth a try :p

sport
28-12-12, 08:13 PM
Heres a thought, set up a club for Novas that has a forum, then set out different regions for local meets maybe even charge £10 for membership.

In all seriousness, is there any need for a separate club for Scottish Novas? Not as if they would be able to show at Billing. Should be trying to keep Novas in the one club rather than a few clubs.

vx kev
28-12-12, 08:58 PM
Heres a thought, set up a club for Novas that has a forum, then set out different regions for local meets maybe even charge £10 for membership.

In all seriousness, is there any need for a separate club for Scottish Novas? Not as if they would be able to show at Billing. Should be trying to keep Novas in the one club rather than a few clubs.

Now that sounds like a great prospect, cant see it catching on though lol

Spudly
28-12-12, 09:16 PM
Btw going back to the first 'feel' of this thread, i regularly turn up at the NW region meets at the noggin inn, thats a two hour twenty min drive for me, (so obviously going on a five hour round trip for a two hour meet?)...

I dont care, good food, good peeps/faces/banter, why not?

I cant personally understand the 'zomg its not in my garden i cant possibly attend' thinking.......

Just something to think about?

Southie
28-12-12, 10:06 PM
Spud the Noggin inn is the NW meet lol

sport
28-12-12, 11:42 PM
Btw going back to the first 'feel' of this thread, i regularly turn up at the NW region meets at the noggin inn, thats a two hour twenty min drive for me, (so obviously going on a five hour round trip for a two hour meet?)...

I dont care, good food, good peeps/faces/banter, why not?

I cant personally understand the 'zomg its not in my garden i cant possibly attend' thinking.......

Just something to think about?

Iain (nov4 5port) got my views on this Earlier on(poor chap i was on a bit of a rant) we are part of a car club, the cars are designed to be driven and in most cases modified to be better.

NOV4_SPORT
29-12-12, 10:41 AM
Iain (nov4 5port) got my views on this Earlier on(poor chap i was on a bit of a rant) we are part of a car club, the cars are designed to be driven and in most cases modified to be better.

I do totally get your point Graeme mate, was good to share our views and have a little rant about it together lol, I personally love going to meets more so if there a fair distance to where I stay as its nice to see other places and I don't need any excuse to get a drive in my nova !

novalovingned
29-12-12, 06:19 PM

A TENNER!!!! Dont know about that lol

Your right though. Looks like were just going to have to put up with png. Just hope were not kicked off if Scotland goes solo lol

sport
29-12-12, 11:27 PM
A TENNER!!!! Dont know about that lol

Your right though. Looks like were just going to have to put up with png. Just hope were not kicked off if Scotland goes solo lol

We will get a Euro region going inthat case lol

Out of intrest mate is there any car shows in North East Scotland?

novalovingned
29-12-12, 11:36 PM
I'm not on to many other forums these days so can't be sure mate.

Nothing professionally organised anyway. Closest "show" if you can call it that is crail, and that's seriously poor these days.

sport
29-12-12, 11:42 PM
Total Vauxhall usually do a day at Crail, was wondering if there was any local shows up that way that would be worth attending.

novalovingned
29-12-12, 11:59 PM
Na nothing. All we have to keep us amused up here are some superb B roads lol

vx kev
30-12-12, 11:01 AM
Back in the days of old, the PNG were invited to the RS Owners day near Aberdeen in Afford (i think it was) has a tiny little track. That was a good day and a good drive up, that was then follwed by an invite to an RS Owners day down in Northumberland somewhere (cant quite remember where) but anyway, both were really good days out & a good chance to mingle with other car clubs. Just doesnt seem to be any of this going on anymore.

Spudly
30-12-12, 11:05 AM
Back in the days of old, the PNG were invited to the RS Owners day near Aberdeen in Afford (i think it was) has a tiny little track. That was a good day and a good drive up, that was then follwed by an invite to an RS Owners day down in Northumberland somewhere (cant quite remember where) but anyway, both were really good days out & a good chance to mingle with other car clubs. Just doesnt seem to be any of this going on anymore.

Thats probably because we have earned ourselves a reputation of being ford haters these days lol

sport
30-12-12, 12:19 PM

For this to happen i would think someone would need to know someone in another car club, so the next question would be does anyone in the Scottish region have mates in other clubs that have meets we could tag along to?

mowgli
30-12-12, 12:25 PM
if its any consolation, the midlands area struggles to get people to attend meets usually on grounds of fuel costs & distance!!!!

when mine is one the road again, i'd be interested in a trip to another area's meeting, and make a weekend of it.

i think the main problem is that the modern version of the club was born on the internet & on the whole, a lot of members want to keep it at arms length, and not attend any shows/gatherings.

sport
30-12-12, 12:39 PM
I know what your saying mate about fuel cost and the like but if thats stopping someone from going to a show/meet/drive then theve really got the wrong hobby lol

mowgli
30-12-12, 12:54 PM
to a lot of kids on here, its not a hobby as such, but a place to find out how to keep their old car running. i think the ones of us who are into it for the hobby are a minority.

i also think we struggle for being a young club, that officially is devoted to modified cars, so people who actually want to restore an old one get scared off a touch, even though we all appreciate a restored or original std non performance nova when one turns up

Spudly
30-12-12, 03:43 PM
I know what your saying mate about fuel cost and the like but if thats stopping someone from going to a show/meet/drive then theve really got the wrong hobby lol

Nail - hammer = head :thumb:

monks69
06-01-13, 10:48 AM
Mee- Scottish Borders