PDA

View Full Version : pierburg 2e - service kit

jimbob-mcgrew
23-12-12, 08:00 AM
hey guys.
im after giving my carb a real quick strip-down and clean out.
does anyone know where to source cheap kit ?
ive seen one on dellorto.co.uk, but its £32 for the kit and i think i only need the float chamber gasket for what i want to do ?

also any tips or tricks on the procedure would be appreciated :thumb:

mowgli
23-12-12, 08:58 AM
buy some gasket paper from a decent motor factors??

or try to find the gm parts no.s (someone on here with epc) and try the dealership, or one of the online vaux parts places.

isn't it also fitted to some vw cars? you might try there

MK999
23-12-12, 03:00 PM
Give eurocarb a ring (They are dellorto.co.uk) in the new year, they often have half complete carbs for spares, or part gasket kits and they may well sell you a single gasket out of them.

pottersrebel
23-12-12, 05:50 PM
Try these guys http://www.gowerlee.dircon.co.uk/2E3type.html my mate was after one and tried main dealers but they wanted him to buy ten due to them not carrying them in stock, altho your main dealer may be different.
I always strip mine down and soak all the parts in petrol for 24 hrs, it makes it easier to clean, also dont forget to replace the filter in the fuel inlet pipe, there only small and can clog up easily ( i remove mine and use an inline fuel filter)

meritlover
23-12-12, 06:17 PM
i dont know what you would actually want to replace unless you had isses with the carb to start with. if carefully disassembled you should manage to put it back together with no issues.

pottersrebel
23-12-12, 06:25 PM
agree with meritlover i forgot to put that i havent replaced any gaskets on mine so far

jimbob-mcgrew
05-01-13, 05:25 PM
update:
--------
i took the gamble and stripped it down without buying a kit.
the gasket played ball and stayed in once piece for me, so i was lucky.
i managed to get all the jets out and gave them a blast thru with carb cleaner.
gave a few other fuel ways a blast too and everything else a quick clean while i was there.
the gauze on the inlet was a little bugger to get out, a small hooked picked took care of it. binned it ruthlessly :cool:

all assembled back together with not much bother and the car fired up after several cranks, once the float bowl filled up.
didnt fix my issue tho unfortunatly, so i fitted a new set of spark plug leads to see, and it ran even worse suprisingly.
switched the original leads back and got the timing gun out, found out it was 40 degrees advanced ffs ! (stevie wonder musta set that up) so took care of that and compensated the idle to suit.
engine seems more relaxed now.
need to give it a wee ragging at some point, see how she fairs.

cheers for the info guys :thumb:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/photon_09/additional/uhoh.jpg