PDA

View Full Version : 16v brakes

Paul
15-08-03, 07:42 PM
Went down the scrappy yestaday and sourced some 16v Astra GTE brakes (discs and calipers) for ?30. Fitted them today and as i was bleeding the valve, my mate over tightened the thread. the valve snapped off, but fluid is still in the system and it doesnt leek out. Basically all i want to know, is:
have you either got an air block or not?

My brakes seem a bit soft so i was wondering whether i had a small air block. is this possible or will they either work or not work?

techie
15-08-03, 09:05 PM
Strange how there is no leaking as usually when you snap a bleed nipple off it just pisses out.

Does the pedal pump up hard? If it does its deffo air in the system, if not it could be down to rear brakes either out of adjustemnt or leaking.

Just a quick one to ask though, you have fitted the calpiers withthe bleed nipples at the top havent you? I know it sounds silly but I know of a N/L member who shall remain nameless who but em on the wrong way around and wonderd why he could bleed em with the nipples on the bottom :roll:

HTH's

mikeoxford
15-08-03, 10:01 PM
Just a quick one to ask though, you have fitted the calpiers withthe bleed nipples at the top havent you? I know it sounds silly but I know of a N/L member who shall remain nameless who but em on the wrong way around and wonderd why he could bleed em with the nipples on the bottom :roll:

HTH's

imagine if ur missus nipples were at the bottom :S very freaky and totally awkward

techie
15-08-03, 10:08 PM
What are you trying to say about my missus?

That's fighting talk matey, step outside.

mikeoxford
15-08-03, 10:23 PM
:lol: dunno something about you saying nipples on her bottom made me laff!

*fetches his coat* :micky:

Mark
15-08-03, 11:44 PM
Mmmmnnn! Nippels + bottoms, now this is my sort of post!
:lol:

Paul
16-08-03, 07:35 AM
they're on the top. do i need a new caliper or not?

moogster
17-08-03, 06:36 PM
I got priced 20 quid each for the calipers on there own from my scrap yard! 8 quid each for Corsa stalks!!! :o :o :o :o Bloody rip offs! Need to find a nice cheeeeeep one! Anyone know of one in the Lincoln area?

Cheers

Phil

ade
18-08-03, 08:49 AM
HEY!!!

I thought you were gonna try and get me some calipers for my incomplete set!

:evil:

I only wanted the caliper carriers!

Would have happily spent that!

:(

They got anymore!?