PDA

View Full Version : VIN Plate

Leeboo
19-12-12, 12:18 AM
Where could I have a new vin plate made for the front panel of a Nova? Is it a case of passing on the details to someone who will make it. I done a search and found a thread with a fella enquiring about it but rather than wake that up from 2004 I've started my own thread.

I don't want anybody crying about ringers as I have the taxbook for the car and the stamped floor chassis number is correct, it's just the front panel vin plate I'm interested in which contains info such as paint codes and weight etc.

Thanks. :)

paul080803
19-12-12, 10:06 AM
Vauxhall

amggsi
19-12-12, 10:09 AM
Try here:

http://www.vin-plate.co.uk/

Just read through it there, they only supply the plate, and don't stamp it!

Iain
19-12-12, 11:55 AM
If the car's stamped do you really need one?

Novasport
19-12-12, 02:23 PM
Tag Plates in Nottingham do them. They did a replacement POC plate for my old Sport.

Edd
19-12-12, 03:51 PM
Tag Plates in Nottingham do them. They did a replacement POC plate for my old Sport.

The ones on my Sport Rich? Or your other Sport

Always wondered if mine are the originals or not

peester
19-12-12, 03:54 PM
hmm blanks only.. says on their website you will have to stamp your own, buying a stamp kit off them..?
http://www.vin-plate.co.uk/index.html

Novasport
19-12-12, 06:11 PM
The ones on my Sport Rich? Or your other Sport

Always wondered if mine are the originals or not

The vin plate is original, its only the painted plate that sits next to it on the slam panel that was replaced. The original was badly corroded and it looked terrible so got it replaced.

Leeboo
19-12-12, 07:05 PM
Exactly the sort of info I was after, all rep'd for your help!

I've just bought the car and will be starting work on it in the new year so wanted to know that it won't be a big problem to sort this out, and can now refer to this thread.

Iain, regardless of whether I need one or not, I'll be getting it sorted - looks gack otherwise.

Thanks