PDA

View Full Version : Heated mirrors

Graeme
18-12-12, 02:02 PM
Can nova heated mirror glasses be bought? I've seen a few retro fit kits on eBay but they all seem a little big, anyone got any ideas?

sport
18-12-12, 02:42 PM
Do some folk not use mk2 Astra GTE or Mk2 Cav parts in the Nova mirror shells?

Novasport
18-12-12, 02:46 PM
The astra and cavalier mirror glass are a different size and if you could cut them down it would probably cut through the elements.
What do you need them for, do you use your Nova in the winter? Its not something you can see either to be able to show off the spec.

sport
18-12-12, 02:59 PM
i was thinking more of electric mirrors, should think before posting lol

Graeme
18-12-12, 03:11 PM
Yeah I use the car everyday and would like to add them

Paul
18-12-12, 03:39 PM
I had heated electric mirrors on my yellow car. They were bits from an astra gte iirc. My mate made them years ago. They were in nova mirrors.

Graeme
18-12-12, 03:47 PM
Cheers Paul I have a set of electric adjust for my two door purely for spec sheet reasons but my four door is used every day and I have start it up in the morning whilst I have a brew but obviously that doesn't clear the mirrors, the heater pads on eBay look up to the job just don't look like they can be cut down

Jack
20-12-12, 12:55 PM
Have a look on ebay - you can get heated grip wraps for motorbikes that go under the handlebar grips. I got some with the intention of fitting behind the glass on my electric mirrors, they were pretty small so would fit on nicely.

Graeme
20-12-12, 02:15 PM
I have seen nice flat ones on mud the landrover dive that are only thirty quid delivered might give them ago