PDA

View Full Version : New phone/contract help please...is 4G worth the extra?

Mazz
15-12-12, 09:34 PM
Right guys, i'm looking for some advice!

I'm way over an upgrade, and i'm looking at a HTC One XL. It is worth the extra money for the 4G network? Its not currently in my area, but I don't really want to upgrade to a non-4G phone and be stuck in a long contract when it does arrive here..

I don't mind paying some towards the phone, but i'm buggered if i'm paying £36pm when I won't use 1/4 of the allowance (currently got 300min, U/L text and 3G for £20)

16v Nova Kev
15-12-12, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't bother with 4g for a while.

Edd
15-12-12, 09:52 PM
IMO 4g will be stupidity priced for a while

I won't bother till it comes down to current price levels

Mazz
15-12-12, 09:59 PM
True, but if i take out a new non-4G contract now, then i'm stuck with it for 2 years :( decisions decisions

Edd
15-12-12, 10:05 PM
In 2 years time 4g will a sensible price

HSPDA + or whatever H+ is, is more than fast enough anyway

Fcuk paying £36 a month lol bet you get hardly any 4g data at that price as well

Mazz
15-12-12, 10:10 PM
Yea, t-mobile offered me the One XL, 4G etc etc for £26pm, then said it was a cock up and they couldn't do it :mad: And you're right tbh, H+ is more than enough for phone data, email/facebook etc

16v Nova Kev
15-12-12, 10:17 PM
I use my iPhone all the time. It's faster than my laptop. I'm on 3 network tho

Stuart
15-12-12, 10:21 PM
The other networks are working on making 3G faster/more reliable... The guys at work are spec freaks and have opted to remain on a 3G service for 2 more years.

If its not much more than what you pay now, yeah do it. But the reality is, do you NEED silly fast internets on a phone.

Jack
16-12-12, 01:45 AM
My phone was quicker than my land line internet lol

...thats until EE came in and fcuked everything up, its rubbish now (data, connectivity, calls, texts - everything). Makes me wonder if they did it on purpose to push me towards 4G

Stuart
16-12-12, 08:47 AM
My phone was quicker than my land line internet lol

...thats until EE came in and fcuked everything up, its rubbish now (data, connectivity, calls, texts - everything). Makes me wonder if they did it on purpose to push me towards 4G

Just like sky making all the non had channels terrible quality to make you pay for hd.

Benn
16-12-12, 06:00 PM
4G wont be in half the country for another 2years.. So why bother now? I'm not.

And a 24month deal? Funk that!

Mazz
16-12-12, 08:24 PM
Most are 24 months now..

Mike
16-12-12, 08:26 PM
If you mainly use mobile internet via WiFi then the 4G premiun aint worth shÃ*t.

Mazz
16-12-12, 08:37 PM
True and for the amount I actually use 3G it wouldn't be worth it, but from what i can see, its no dearer having 4G - just limited to a few 4G ready phones atm

Mike
16-12-12, 08:49 PM
True and for the amount I actually use 3G it wouldn't be worth it, but from what i can see, its no dearer having 4G - just limited to a few 4G ready phones atm

BUT, you know yourself, once 4G hits teh big time, every mobile network in the land will hike its price & everyone whos just recently took out a 4G contract is then stuck paying a premium for atleast 24 months ;)

Stuart
16-12-12, 09:37 PM
4G wont be in half the country for another 2years.. So why bother now? I'm not.

And a 24month deal? Funk that!

Given handset improvements arent that great year on year, but 24monthly upgrades are worth it/noticeable.

Benn
17-12-12, 06:08 PM
Yeah^? Guess so, but i look at it that it's 800-900.. For that i want one that one phone.

Mazz
17-12-12, 06:12 PM
I think i've made my decision now, HTC One X+ on o2, £26pm u/l call & text and 1gb data..

Benn
17-12-12, 06:14 PM
That's what i want ^ Only prob i have is Orange arnt listing it on the site, if i can get it instore then i will.

Mazz
17-12-12, 06:33 PM
The One X+? It looks awesome tbh, and a bigger processor than Note2 (just!)

I have literally been round ever single phone shop in town and that was the best deal tbh, although i forgot to add the phone is free, BUT I have to buy some 'Beats by Dre' posh headphones at £127 (so the O2 numpty can justify doing the phone for free) which doesn't really bother me as you can sell them after...its brings the deal down to £630 over 24 months

Have a look here Benn : http://www.htc.com/uk/smartphones/compare/index.page?1=h7n2sh6z&2=gys9ixfh&3=gys9ixfk

I didn't think there was much difference between all 3 HTC One's, but the + is the best of them. Looking at the comparison, the XL is at the bottom imo. IIRC Orange/T-mobile/EE only offer the One X & XL atm - afaik only Voda and O2 do the X+ atm

I'm just gonna wait for Voda to phone me and see what they can offer before I sign away, but the O2 deal is really good atm.

Benn
17-12-12, 07:34 PM
Yeah want the Onex + after reading the reviews it's the fixed one they've turned the power up on and such..
The XL is just 4g ready really.. Isn't worth it. If i wanna download lots i just want till i'm on some ones free WiFi.. It's amazing for many peoples are still left open.

Im on a 36£ a month, but with 25% discount, so its £30 a month, 1200min, unlimited txt and 750data. All that are way more than you can use. I never use more than 300mins and don't think i've got to 500data even when trying to use it up.. So changing deal is a bit tricky for me cause of the discount..

novalovingned
17-12-12, 07:47 PM
I use my iPhone all the time. It's faster than my laptop. I'm on 3 network tho

Exactly! My laptop is now redundant lol

I'm on 3 also, had my iPhone 4 for 2 years now, not interested in upgrading or signing up for another 2 years. So was offered a rolling contract at £25 pm. Free 3-3 calls, 3000mins, 5000 txts and unlimited Internet usage. Good deal IMO :)

Mazz
17-12-12, 08:08 PM
Im on a 36£ a month, but with 25% discount, so its £30 a month, 1200min, unlimited txt and 750data. All that are way more than you can use. I never use more than 300mins and don't think i've got to 500data even when trying to use it up.. So changing deal is a bit tricky for me cause of the discount..

But the O2 deal is cheaper, and tbh, I bet there are quite a lot of tariff's that would be cheaper for you, but i know, its always nice to have the extra should you ever need it. But £26 pm unlimited calls and text, and 1gb data is really good imo.

Benn
17-12-12, 08:13 PM
Are there tho? I haven't seen many. And i refuse to for 24 month.

Mazz
17-12-12, 08:31 PM
Most of the phone deals are now 24 months, whether you like it or not :( If you carry on on your current price plan, after 2 years you'll have spent £720, so why not get an upgrade? But as Stuart said, they don't change that much over 12 months, or not enough the warrant an upgrade. iirc Phone4U offer a 'jump' service where you pay £3-4 pm extra then have the ability to change phones every 6 months if you want, but you have to swop you old phone + cash..Voda offer similar too i think..either way i'm happy'ish at £26 for what i'm getting.

The only other deal was an upgrade from t-mobile, £3.50 discount on my current price plan + £200 for the One XL = £620 over 24 months, but its the crappy XL :(

Benn
17-12-12, 09:53 PM
Only thing is i've been with Orange 15 years almost...lol and i don't wanna be tied in that long, as £720 is a huge amount, with only one phone. The Onex+ is only £350 buy it now on Ebay...
Phones i find change just enough to keep me going, i've never kept a phone over a year... I've had my Desire HD just over a year and now am dieing to upgrade it..

Stuart
17-12-12, 10:08 PM
Or run a Nokia lumia 510 for a month or two, then even an iPhone 3GS will seem fast and modern lol

Benn
17-12-12, 10:32 PM
I have bag full of old phones, i turned them all on a few months ago and read all the old txts on them. Wow you for get how crap old phones really where.

Stuart
17-12-12, 10:57 PM
Or rather how great they were as life was simpler and longer lasting lol

Mazz
17-12-12, 11:41 PM
Only thing is i've been with Orange 15 years almost...lol and i don't wanna be tied in that long, as £720 is a huge amount, with only one phone. The Onex+ is only £350 buy it now on Ebay...
Phones i find change just enough to keep me going, i've never kept a phone over a year... I've had my Desire HD just over a year and now am dieing to upgrade it..

But whatever you do, you'll still have a £30pm contract, I've looked at buying one on ebay. For me £350 + £22pm x 24 months= £878 over 24 months. For Benn : £350 + £30 x 24months = £1070!! Even over 12 months its £710! The O2 deal, if i sell the headphones for £100 still comes in at £650/24months

Benn
18-12-12, 08:08 AM
Or rather how great they were as life was simpler and longer lasting lol

haha true.

But whatever you do, you'll still have a £30pm contract, I've looked at buying one on ebay. For me £350 + £22pm x 24 months= £878 over 24 months. For Benn : £350 + £30 x 24months = £1070!! Even over 12 months its £710! The O2 deal, if i sell the headphones for £100 still comes in at £650/24months

If i didn't get a phone, i'd never pay £30 a month...
I thought i'd seen a good deal that was about £20 a month, i'll have to look again...

Jack
18-12-12, 09:41 AM
Wow you for get how crap old phones really where.
...and all the women you had on the go too lol

Mazz
18-12-12, 04:52 PM
New Voda deal :)

600min, U/L text, 500mb data :( £24.75 pm £49 handset - its the data that bothers me...

£643/24months

Benn
18-12-12, 05:36 PM
^ really? I never get near mines which is 500, I use the net, twitter,photobucket at times... Most i use to 250-300meg.

Rung up Orange, they can't offer me the Onex+... Gonna have to go back to the store i asked in..

Edd
18-12-12, 05:43 PM
I use 2gb a month lol

Benn
18-12-12, 05:56 PM
Rock it Edd, rock it!

lol lol lol

Mazz
18-12-12, 06:43 PM
lol

I've got unlimited data atm, so I don't know (never needed to) how much i use :( Might try and screw them down on a minutes, but up on the data a little

Our Orange and T-Mobile both only offer the X or XL :(

Benn
18-12-12, 06:45 PM
Yeah same as the site. But i got told in the Winchester shop he could do me a +, gonna try and get in there sat, which will be fun....

Mazz
18-12-12, 06:59 PM
Last sat before xmas, good luck with that!

Benn
18-12-12, 07:30 PM
Yeah i know... Might just wait till after..

Stuart
18-12-12, 07:42 PM
Asked for a one x+ then s3 in that order from work lol

We have 500mb each at work per month and pound the life out of it, never get close.

Southie
18-12-12, 08:09 PM
What's going to be the advantage on the 4G anyway, besides faster steaming at more cost?

Benn
18-12-12, 08:31 PM
That's it Dave....

Mazz
19-12-12, 12:26 PM
Are you sure the £350 ones on ebay are X+'s Benn, all the ones I can see are £480+

Southie
19-12-12, 12:45 PM
That's it Dave....
wow :roll: Phone companies charge too much imo already for the steaming and GB downloads per month and tbh I use mine at home more than out and about so I couldn't justify buying a new phone for that expensive privilege.

Mazz, get the best 3G phone you can afford and it will easily last 2 years for the time to upgrade to 4G.

Mazz
19-12-12, 01:21 PM
Yea, weighing up the options atm :) Other factor is reception at work, a massive warehouse..atm I get good signal on EE, but they can't offer me the phone i want! Sods law :)

Benn
19-12-12, 05:36 PM
Hhmm found out a woman at works ex hubby sells phones in a phone shop... I can see a easier way of getting a new phone..

Benn
06-01-13, 09:50 AM
Sorry to bump, but.

Been having a nightmare finding anyone that will give me the HTC one x+. Everywhere says it's too new.
So while searching Google i found phones4u's website. Which you put in number who your with and your name then they ring you back if they can upgrade you...

So Sat i get a call from them... Guy tells me i can upgrade via them... Asks what phone i want.. Told him i want the HTC one x+ and wont go to a 24month deal.. He said give me a min i'll look what we can do.

Asked what i get now, 1200mins, unlimited text and 500mb. £36 with discount. He said "do you really use 12oo mins?!" i said no... Then he came back with...

400 mins, unlimited text 750mb £31 inc vat. Free HTC one x+ and free Beatz audio headphones..... SOLD. I'm happy with that. He was really good and very helpful. Said that if i recommend anyone too them, i get a £50 reward too..

Stuart
06-01-13, 10:13 AM
Not bad, work had to pay £50 and no funky freebies lol then again that was dealing with some monkeys rather than direct with Vodafone. Plus its business.

The one x+ is just ace, although battery life is a little annoying at times.

Novasport
06-01-13, 10:48 AM
Just changed to 4G on EE. Was on an 18 month 3G contract with 750MB download limit as i upgraded to this with a Galaxy S3 last month. They asked me if I wanted 4G then, but the coverage was not the best in my area at that time. They are now rolling it out in my area so it now covers my home postcode and will cover my work shortly.
I got a call last week asking if I wanted to upgrade so asked how much and what i get. I would get unlimited texts and calls, 3GB download limit, bt open zone acess, free music downloads etc etc. This was a 24 month contract but as I had signed up to 18 month they would honour that and also my half price line rental for life so it would only cost me an extra £3 a month. I get all that for £27 inclusive PM :)
I have checked the speed and currently getting 15mbps on speedtest with a 2 bar signal so should be miles quicker when it is fully rolled out in this area. The lad that rang me said he managed to get 40mbps in Sunderland!
I will see how it goes but for an extra £3pm I cant go too wrong

Jack
06-01-13, 10:57 AM
I think I might get the S3 LTE but on a 3G contract. Bristol has good 4G coverage but tbh the contracts are too expensive at the mo - so I might just wait til mid term upgrade as prices should have come down by then

Hardest bit is finding the phone as most places just list an S3 without saying the model number :roll:

Novasport
06-01-13, 11:01 AM
I got the S3 Titanium or whatever it is called(the grey one) and they are all LTE afaik as it is a newer model

Plug
06-01-13, 11:08 AM
15mps on your phone Christ I only get about 4-6mps on my home line at home haha,

Shame I wouldn't be able to use 4g to play the ps3 haha

Jon_nova1
06-01-13, 11:23 AM
Give it a year and some company will think of a way to get those speeds on your PC without needing a landline lol

Jack
06-01-13, 12:50 PM
Just use your phone as a hotspot lol

Benn
06-01-13, 03:49 PM
Just changed to 4G on EE. Was on an 18 month 3G contract with 750MB download limit as i upgraded to this with a Galaxy S3 last month. They asked me if I wanted 4G then, but the coverage was not the best in my area at that time. They are now rolling it out in my area so it now covers my home postcode and will cover my work shortly.
I got a call last week asking if I wanted to upgrade so asked how much and what i get. I would get unlimited texts and calls, 3GB download limit, bt open zone acess, free music downloads etc etc. This was a 24 month contract but as I had signed up to 18 month they would honour that and also my half price line rental for life so it would only cost me an extra £3 a month. I get all that for £27 inclusive PM :)
I have checked the speed and currently getting 15mbps on speedtest with a 2 bar signal so should be miles quicker when it is fully rolled out in this area. The lad that rang me said he managed to get 40mbps in Sunderland!
I will see how it goes but for an extra £3pm I cant go too wrong

That's a bloody good deal, 4G wise, i thought it was still on the "major" cities that where getting it at the mo..

15mps on your phone Christ I only get about 4-6mps on my home line at home haha,

Shame I wouldn't be able to use 4g to play the ps3 haha

Really? Bin off who ever does your BB and get a better service. Thru my phone over my WiFi i get 10mb min...

Jack
06-01-13, 04:48 PM
Depends where you are though, I'm in a well developed* area of Bristol but only get 2-3mbps landline net connection which is the best I'll get here lol

* in terms of housing and whatnot, but not internet connection it seems lol

Novasport
06-01-13, 04:52 PM
My home broadband is 60 meg and I do usually get over 50 meg. Sometimes drops slightly at peak times to 35-45 meg but not often.

Stuart
06-01-13, 06:11 PM
Depends where you are though, I'm in a well developed* area of Bristol but only get 2-3mbps landline net connection which is the best I'll get here lol

Similar here, broadband is at best 4meg but usually sitting around 2.5meg. Bt keep a rolling 3 month promise for infinity lol it's been 3months away for nearly 2 years grrr.

Edd
06-01-13, 06:40 PM
Even if you have high speed mobile you'll never be able to download at the speed of a home connection

Benn
06-01-13, 07:49 PM

Similar here, broadband is at best 4meg but usually sitting around 2.5meg. Bt keep a rolling 3 month promise for infinity lol it's been 3months away for nearly 2 years grrr.

Really? That's sh*te.

Jack i thought Bristol would get better. I'm between Pompey and Southampton.. But get better speeds than both cities..

phazer
06-01-13, 07:57 PM
That's a bloody good deal, 4G wise, i thought it was still on the "major" cities that where getting it at the mo..

Seems that EE think that Derby *is* a major city, it's one of the first places to get full 4G. It's about as major as a small town but there you go, I don't mind, means decent mobile internet when we go shopping lol

Benn
06-01-13, 07:59 PM
See i was told by them that it was in like 5 cities.. Till next year.

phazer
06-01-13, 08:03 PM
Derby was used for some testing too. I think it must be due to the infrastructure in place - Derby has one of the large network 'super' junctions for the telecoms industry.

Anyway, more info http://explore.ee.co.uk/our-company/newsroom/ee-continues-4g-rollout-with-17-new-towns-and-cities-to-be-switched-on-by-march

Stuart
06-01-13, 08:03 PM
Really? That's sh*te.

Jack i thought Bristol would get better. I'm between Pompey and Southampton.. But get better speeds than both cities..

It's no surprise really. Half the town has virgin cable, but they won't run it up to where I am, and that's a few miles from the exchange. Might have to get a line of sight microwave link like we have at work lol

Jack
06-01-13, 10:24 PM
City centre is Ok, but Sadley Broke where I live... well they ran out of money when they got halfway through. So all the houses round the edge (older stuff) is on the Filton exchange with good comms, where as the inner bits (newer stuff) is on the crappy Almondsbury exchange where yoghurt pots and string is 'modern tech' lol

Here I get about 2-3mpbs. The house I'm looking at renting, literally 5 mins down the road, can have a 100mpbs Virgin fibre connection lol

Edd, before EE came along and screwed up my connection speed, I was getting faster connection on my phone than on my landline!

Benn
07-01-13, 08:14 AM
Well i'm just shocked.

Mazz
10-01-13, 12:23 PM
Not sure if i posted what I decided on in the end? Either way, I spied a link in HUKD about the One X+ and looked around, I managed to find it on tmobile/ee (which is what I wanted as the signal at work is better than the others) for about the same price, but with no phone charge.

http://www.mobilephonecontractsuk.org.uk/contract-mobile-deals.php/HTC_One_X_Plus

I had the One X+ on EE via afforablemobiles. 300min, ul text & 750mb data for £26pm with £40 cash back over the period of the contract. Ordered on the 26th Dec, and it arrived on the 27th!

Benn
10-01-13, 05:51 PM
Got mine today, came home to find it on my desk. Excited isn't the word.... It's so nice! And really light even compared to my old phone. Need to order a cover for it. Free £80 headphones too...

Stuart
10-01-13, 09:17 PM
The back covers for the oneX(+) are really really poor :( And the official ones look horrid.
I've giving up trying to find one.

Benn
10-01-13, 09:23 PM
There are frigging millions! But only 4 i want... I like a hard case, so the HTC ones are ok for me.

I really like these.. But unsure on the sliding top (iphone and S3 screw together annoyingly) and they are all from Hong Kong or China...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320969731977?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Play have a few nice hard cases, so i got simple Satin black hard case.

Stuart
10-01-13, 09:26 PM
I want something that stops it from sitting on the camera lens when you put it down lol

Benn
10-01-13, 09:28 PM
Same! That's the bad bit about the one above.. Got this from Play (sadly closing soon) as it raises around the lens.. To look after it.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/35138079/iGadgitz-Granite-Hard-Case-For-HTC-One-X-S720e-Android-Screen-Protector-Black/Product.html?searchstring=HTC+One+X+black+Hard+She ll+Case&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Stuart
10-01-13, 09:32 PM
are the 'gel' ones shiney or a sort of sticky silicon?

I like being able to drop it in/pull it out of my pocket with ease rather than it sticking in there with a silicon cover like my BB used to.

Stuart
10-01-13, 09:38 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HTC-ONE-X-Stylish-Black-Carbon-Fibre-Hard-Case-Screen-Protector-Cloth-/110937122577?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesP ouches&hash=item19d45e2711

ohhhhh fake carbon

Benn
11-01-13, 08:05 AM
are the 'gel' ones shiney or a sort of sticky silicon?

I like being able to drop it in/pull it out of my pocket with ease rather than it sticking in there with a silicon cover like my BB used to.

Unsure, i hate gel cases.. Some are harder but still soft.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HTC-ONE-X-Stylish-Black-Carbon-Fibre-Hard-Case-Screen-Protector-Cloth-/110937122577?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesP ouches&hash=item19d45e2711

ohhhhh fake carbon

haha i did look at that one.. CF look cool even if it is fake.

Stuart
11-01-13, 10:07 AM
well I ordered it, so we shall see how bad it really is. If it fits ok I might try and get someone to make a real CF one using it as a mould.

Benn
11-01-13, 05:55 PM
I asked Mike... The answer was it wont be cheap...lol As i'd like a proper CF hard case...

Stuart
11-01-13, 06:04 PM
I asked Mike... The answer was it wont be cheap...lol As i'd like a proper CF hard case...

I was thinking of asking Pagani lmao

Benn
12-01-13, 12:30 PM
Ooooooooooooo look at you with your posh contacts.

*if you do, get me one too

Benn
12-01-13, 12:31 PM
Anyone know how to get old texts off a htc? Hoping there's an easy way, instead of one of these apps.

Mazz
12-01-13, 09:37 PM
*if you do, get me one too

And me pwease :)

How you two enjoying your OneX+? I love mine, just a few dislikes though :( Main one is the battery, although I haven't flattened it in a day yet, come close a few times...btw I got an Otterbox case for mine (xmas pressie) and it brilliant, soft case with a hard back. Expensive, but much, much better than any other case i've had. Not sure about the text's Benn? Could you find someone else with free text, and put their sim in your old phone and forward them?

Edd
12-01-13, 09:40 PM
Is it updated and running Android JellyBean?

At mates battery on his OneX has 20% more life after updating

Mazz
12-01-13, 09:52 PM
Running Android 4.1.1 iirc, these are the +'s so have a bigger battery anyway, but its still quite crap tbh..2100mh i think. I've seen the X battery fix, something about a file in the wrong directory from factory!

Stuart
12-01-13, 10:06 PM
I killed mine in 10 hrs by having the NFC active lol. With just Bluetooth, wifi and phone active it easily clears a day but can only must half the following day if that. What bugs me is once down to less than 20% the battery just vanishes :(

Ace bit of kit otherwise.

Benn
12-01-13, 11:13 PM
And me pwease :)

How you two enjoying your OneX+? I love mine, just a few dislikes though :( Main one is the battery, although I haven't flattened it in a day yet, come close a few times...btw I got an Otterbox case for mine (xmas pressie) and it brilliant, soft case with a hard back. Expensive, but much, much better than any other case i've had. Not sure about the text's Benn? Could you find someone else with free text, and put their sim in your old phone and forward them?

With what i've done i'm loving it. Prob is i can't fully use it as Phones4u have a set date and time for the sim card to come alive :roll:

But does mean my new case will be here in time, What's the otterbox? i've been setting mine up and changing everything and that and found battery life to be good so far.. But not really pushed it.
Texts i think i've sorted with a "sms backup" app.

Mazz
13-01-13, 12:45 AM
This is the one I have : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AydDy2gpQyA

http://www.otterbox.com/HTC-One-X-International-Commuter-Series/HTC4-ONE-X-INTERNATIONAL,default,pd.html?dwvar_HTC4-ONE-X-INTERNATIONAL_color=J1&start=1&cgid=htc-one-x-cases-international

Novasport
13-01-13, 10:26 AM
4G signal round here is getting better every day :)

Speedtest result...

Test Date: Jan 13, 2013 10:19:03 am
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Milton Keynes
Download: 20557 kbps
Upload: 26948 kbps
Ping: 41 ms

Benn
13-01-13, 06:05 PM
20meg? That's very good.

Stuart
14-01-13, 05:30 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-JnOk9_dz0fI/UPQ895tymVI/AAAAAAAAE14/DOgvK8tcl3I/s640/IMAG0109.jpg

not terrible and not the fakest CF I've ever seen for £4 lol All in I shall keep it on.

Benn
14-01-13, 05:51 PM
Think i'm glad i didn't go for that. Mine came...

Sealed in..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Crap/IMG_1407.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Crap/IMG_1409.jpg

Important bit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Crap/IMG_1408.jpg

What are the holes on the bottom right? As this cover doesn't have matching holes...

Stuart
14-01-13, 05:57 PM
mine was sealed like that lol

The extra holes are for the speaker and the car kit dock, although I doubt that works with a case on. Also the camera lens protection is higher on the one I got.

I like the furryness of that one.

Benn
14-01-13, 06:04 PM
Ah thought the speaker was just the bottom holes in the bottom middle. It clears by about 1mm.. I didn't want a to thick case (like my old one) as the X is so think and light.

Mazz
14-01-13, 08:31 PM
This is a pic of my otter box case, the camera is about 2-3mm

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/mrmazz/IMAG0788.jpg

And the speaker with raised sides

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/mrmazz/IMAG0787.jpg

Benn
15-01-13, 04:07 PM
Guys, On your widgets screen do you get a "add more htc widgets"? as i'm missing one i want...
Or a htc hub app?

Stuart
15-01-13, 04:19 PM
not that I can find... tbh I've got no widgets bar a clock. No real need for them that I can tell lol

Benn
15-01-13, 04:58 PM
I have a profiles widget, its really handy for work... But can't now find it, no clue if its a htc or orange app, but my phone has no want to add htc apps.

Jack
15-01-13, 05:53 PM
Its probably moved on a bit since the days of my Desire-Z, but I can go to Settings > Personalize > Widget > Get more HTC widgets, is there nothing like that on yours?

MK999
15-01-13, 07:20 PM
I've got an Otterbox for my sensation after I smashed a screen, really solid case, only downside is the silicon bit is a bit too big, be nicer if it stretched on a bit and held a bit tighter. Other than that I'd recommend them though, and it's probably specific to that model.

Benn
15-01-13, 08:19 PM
Its probably moved on a bit since the days of my Desire-Z, but I can go to Settings > Personalize > Widget > Get more HTC widgets, is there nothing like that on yours?

That's what more have in my Desire HD, but my one x+ doesn't have it :(

This is the widget i want..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Crap/IMG_1406.jpg

Stuart
15-01-13, 08:32 PM
Even googling for more nets feck all lol

The profile one is good for the silent/vib/noise.

Mazz
15-01-13, 08:57 PM
There's no HTC widgets as such any more :( I used to have the HTC battery, but i've got the same from the play store now - and tbh, most of the (limited range of) HTC ones were crap!

What widget you after?

Also to change your lock screen icons, its the same as the ones at the bottom when unlocked, which is annoying a little..

Benn
15-01-13, 09:43 PM
I have a profile app, ill find a pic. You can have any apps on the lock screen you want. They dont gave to be the same as the incon bar... I dont have any.

Mazz
17-01-13, 03:14 PM
AFAIK they do on the OneX's, there's no options in the menus to change them

Benn
17-01-13, 05:22 PM
Oh thought you can have what ever you wanted on there. Go to Personalize then lock screen short cuts.. Altho, now i've clicked it. It might only be the ones they set..

This is the widget..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Crap/IMG_1406.jpg

Mazz
17-01-13, 10:20 PM
Isn't this one the same?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/mrmazz/2013-01-17_22-17-45.png

Benn
17-01-13, 10:33 PM
Mostly yeah, but i like the look of the other one..lol

Stuart
26-01-13, 05:28 PM
Same! That's the bad bit about the one above.. Got this from Play (sadly closing soon) as it raises around the lens.. To look after it.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/35138079/iGadgitz-Granite-Hard-Case-For-HTC-One-X-S720e-Android-Screen-Protector-Black/Product.html?searchstring=HTC+One+X+black+Hard+She ll+Case&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

How's it holding up? Bit of the case near the charger has broken off on mine lol

Thinking about the Ali ones but then they must ruin the signal.

Benn
26-01-13, 08:13 PM
Perfect, still looks like new, cut out are just right.

Stuart
18-02-13, 10:16 PM
Ok my cheap and nasy faux carbon case didn't survive much more than 2 weeks in Italy lol.
So ordered the same thing bennnnnn has... Wow night and day with the quality and it was only £3.00 on eBay.much slimmer too which is a bonus.

Benn
18-02-13, 10:20 PM
Really nice arnt they? Love mine, don't notice it's there which is what i wanted...

So you two with them, battery life? I see people on forums moaning the battery life is crap..

Yet on a full charge, with surfing on wifi, 30 mins a day of angry birds, bit of twitter and few calls and stuff, i'll get two days before it beeps at 25% (yellow)

Stuart
19-02-13, 08:56 AM
I probably could get two days as when I get home after day1 its on about 60% but then I kinda hammer it at home and it can sometimes shout before bed. I have tried a two day stint and got about 1 and 3/4 days lol
Facebook seems to be the big battery killer, and since you dont use that I imagine thats why you can hit 2 days easily.

The way I see it is that we have a quad core 1.7Ghz processor, it uses power and there is not much that can be done about that. But it is ace and fast :D

Mazz
19-02-13, 11:18 AM
I have to charge mine every night, but i do hammer quite a bit. g3/FB/games etc - i'm normally left with about 30% after a days use. tbh, its my only real gripe with it, but then as Stu said, its a payoff againist a massive quad core 1.7 processor! Is there a current phone with a larger cpu?

Stuart
19-02-13, 12:13 PM
the note2 has a 1.6Ghz quadcore, but then its got a mahoooooooooooosive battery that will last days lol

Benn
19-02-13, 09:15 PM
The note is frigging huge tho... That the only reason it's got such a big battery.. lol

nova_saloon
20-02-13, 12:27 AM
ive got 4G its really sodding quick,impressively quick, quicker then some home broadbands! but thats if you can get connected to it.