PDA

View Full Version : horn problems...

Alex J
15-12-12, 02:45 PM
and not in the down stairs department! lol, witch relay, and what are the colour of the wires on the engine loom to plug it in, any pics etc, ta xx

meritlover
15-12-12, 02:49 PM
This is really an electrical issue, but because a horn (and relay for that matter) is an electromechanical device i will allow this on a technicality.

xxx

Alex J
15-12-12, 03:11 PM
This is really an electrical issue, but because a horn (and relay for that matter) is an electromechanical device i will allow this on a technicality.

xxxand this means in english??

pie
15-12-12, 03:17 PM
that he likes you alex f lol lol lol lol lol

turbojolt
15-12-12, 03:37 PM
and this means in english??

he is saying you have put the question in the wrong area, other then this i cant help, i tried looking at my haynes book for you but the wiring diagrams confused me and i gave up :)

meritlover
15-12-12, 03:50 PM
have you done the easy stuff first like checking for voltage at the horn when the button is pressed? checking the other wire to ground? check the slip ring and button on the steering wheel as well if you havnt already done so. Only then is it worth worrying about all the bits in between.

16v Nova Kev
15-12-12, 03:58 PM
^ I have missed you

Alex J
15-12-12, 04:06 PM
have you done the easy stuff first like checking for voltage at the horn when the button is pressed? checking the other wire to ground? check the slip ring and button on the steering wheel as well if you havnt already done so. Only then is it worth worrying about all the bits in between.so the colour of the wires and the relay is................................................ .................................................. ..........

Spudly
15-12-12, 04:20 PM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

MERITLOVER!!!!!!!!!

:wisewood:

meritlover
15-12-12, 04:24 PM
if you strip the wire it should be like a copper colour. If it is green and crumbley, that is your problem.