PDA

View Full Version : yet another engine question from me babay xe

chrisd1986
13-12-12, 05:37 PM
Right ive spotted a local x14xe with gearbox loom ecu all compleate with a 4-2-1 manifold uber cheep but im wondering if i can use my standard 1.2 rad and is there a guide for chopping the loom into a nova (im fitting a digidash at the same time) and is there anyone who can remove the immob from the ecu? I know im prob better off getti g a x16xe but i need more power on the cheep

mowgli
13-12-12, 06:13 PM
the coolant pipes should fit the 1.2 rad, but some bits of steel or copper pipe & a few jubilee clips work wonders.

as for the immob.. unless its being sold with the key to match the immob, avoid it like the fat bird at the xmas party.....

chrisd1986
13-12-12, 06:16 PM
I take it you cant remove it then?

And in all fairness your are guaranted to vet some :edd off the fat bird in the office and she would make you a brew in the morning as we all know fatbirds apreciate it more lol

chrisd1986
13-12-12, 06:54 PM
No key chip dammit, why cant i find a decent engine set up:wall::wall::wall::wall:

novalovingned
13-12-12, 07:31 PM
Don't let that put you off. Key,chip,ecu etc can be bought as a package very easily. (eBay,forums,breakers)

As far as coolant pipes and radiator goes a 1.2 radiator if fine for the job. I bought a new 1.2 rad for my 16xe and works perfectly well. Iirc the Gsi/GTE rad is only an inch or so bigger. Pipes, use a Corsa "s" rad to thermostat hose, the rest are obviously fine.

chrisd1986
13-12-12, 07:37 PM
Ive got a spare brand new rad with a joblot of old stock i bought from my local motor factors, just need to shif the bits i cant use on my car but i cant justify paying £100 for a compleate setup and having to pay £80+ for a ecu set

peester
13-12-12, 07:45 PM
i have to disagree, under £200 for a good local engine and all the neccessary relevant bits; especially one thats not been lying around a while is good. Pay peanuts get monkeys.
The engine is cheap as i guess mr seller knows its just spares without every last piece; i.e the key.

chrisd1986
13-12-12, 08:12 PM
I plan on stripping to bare block and rebuilding no matter what engine i buy after i bought a donor car with full dealer fsh and when i put it in my new car the bottom end went after 20 miles. So now im not taking any chances plus you cant beat locking youself away for a weekend to do a rebuild