PDA

View Full Version : eBay/Paypal refund - Time span

Keif
12-12-12, 03:14 PM
As some of you know I bought an 16GB iPod on ebay that turned out to be an 8GB iPod.

Seller was a tool saying it was still worth what I paid, but i disagreed, opened and won my dispute, sent the item back and eBay say on the 3rd Dec i had a full refund.

I paid by PayPal, but it is NOT showing in my PayPal history.

Anyone have any experience with these, does it have a "clearing" time.

Looking forward to leaving negative feedback for them too. lol

kent14sr
12-12-12, 03:22 PM
Check the transaction details as it usually shows up on there as a refund (click on the original paypal transaction)

If it transfered funds from your bank account to pay for it then it will automatically transfer them back - they wont show under your paypal balance.

Keif
12-12-12, 03:27 PM
Thank kent14sr.

The money did come from my Bank account and pay the seller, there's nothing under the transaction regarding a refund, so a check with my bank is in order.

L14MNP
12-12-12, 04:07 PM
Should say refund 'pending' if the seller has repaid you from a bank account and not direct from their Paypal balance.

Keif
12-12-12, 05:25 PM
I have nothing regarding a refund on the payment.

mowgli
12-12-12, 06:23 PM
get in touch with eBay.. it sounds like he just told them he'd done the refund.. he's probably opened a new selling account.

Keif
12-12-12, 07:41 PM
Already done that, they say they've refunded it so e-mailed eBay.

Would the refund have a different transaction number than the original payment?

kent14sr
12-12-12, 08:07 PM
Shouldnt do. I would check your bank first, and then speak to ebay.

I thought the ebay dispute thing was linked to paypal, so it only registered a refund when it was actually processed through paypal.

Keif
12-12-12, 08:10 PM
Will do, checked PayPal on another refund and it all comes under the same Transaction Number.

Will get to the bank Friday.

Keif
13-12-12, 04:45 PM
Refund not gone through, now in the hands of eBay and already have a reply saying they are sorting it.

kent14sr
13-12-12, 05:07 PM
Refund not gone through, now in the hands of eBay and already have a reply saying they are sorting it.

Thats really bad!! Can they give you reason why the dispute was closed in your favour without you receiving the refund?

Keif
13-12-12, 05:11 PM
All I know is

Thank you for writing to back eBay Customer Service regarding the (item) you purchased from " seller" and I understand that you still haven’t received your refund. Please accept my deepest apology for the inconvenience this matter is causing you and allow me to assist you further with this matter.

To begin with, I would like to commend you for your time and effort in bringing this matter to our knowledge. Your sense of initiative to resolve the matter is highly appreciated. I feel that you're indeed a great asset in our eBay community.

Upon further investigation, I was able to confirm that the refund that the seller issued to your account didn’t pushed through. I have verify this with your PayPal account. Please be advised that I have forwarded all these details to our higher relevant department for the review of this case.

Investigations like this may take up to 7 to 10 days for approval of your refund and 4 to 7 days for the processed of your money back to your PayPal account. Please be assured that we'll make every effort to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

I know that it takes sometime for is to sort this issue out for you but please extend your patience in resolving this matter with us. I sincerely hope that your transactions here on eBay will run more smoothly in the future.

Kind regards,

phazer
13-12-12, 09:11 PM
You know, that reads an awful lot like a scam email. The over the top platitudes, wordy sentences etc even the grammatical mistakes are there throughout.

Hope you get your money!

Keif
13-12-12, 09:13 PM
I know, thought that too at first. It come through as "From eBay" in my Inbox.

ALL contact has been through eBay. Might call them tomorrow, just to be 100%.

L14MNP
14-12-12, 12:55 AM
^ If genuine, (can't see it) then it should also be in the inbox in 'My eBay'.
Does it show in there?

Keif
14-12-12, 05:11 AM
^ If genuine, (can't see it) then it should also be in the inbox in 'My eBay'.
Does it show in there?

Yes, it's sat in 'My eBay' - 'messages' - 'inbox' - 'from eBay'
Titled 'eBay CS Support'

Keif
05-01-13, 06:38 PM
Right bit of an update.

eBay through this have been sh|te! I've had copy and pasted replies with no relevance to my issue.

They did send me a questionnaire and they got told what I thought, even explained that for them to iron out scam emails they need to get the english right in genuine ones.

Eventually got a reply saying the investigation was delayed over Christmas/New Year and would hear something soon. Well I have hopefully in 7 days time i'll have my refund.

The twist is, the seller has got rather abusive about it all (which i've reported) not helped by the fact they've left me feedback which was a reply to the negative feedback i left them. I've thanked them for the big green +, they said they left negative feedback and ebay have done it wrong and they've reported it to get it changed. (PMSL! not read the rules have they)