PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Lincoln

vessey
12-12-12, 02:25 PM
Anyone in Lincoln area fancey having ago at get my saloon running its a c16xe on body's it turns over that about it lol I will pay or give you some parts cheers

mowgli
13-12-12, 09:35 PM
does this engine have the immobiliser key thingy??

have you had/seen it running before?

vessey
14-12-12, 07:55 AM
I dnt think it does how would I no lol, I haven't but some1 on here has they got it started and and it just over reved so they pumped the fuel lines of and has worked since cheers for the the reply

mowgli
14-12-12, 08:21 AM
is it on gm injection/ecu or aftermarket?

vessey
14-12-12, 06:30 PM
it got this and on standerd ecu

C16xe Corsa GSI Lump
Kent Cams
SBD Uprated Steel Rollers
Steinmetz Throttle Bodies with custom induction hoses to locate filter under bonnet vent
4-1 Custom Exhaust manifold
Ported and Polished head
Sachs Performance clutch
F16 Gearbox
KV85 Competition HT leads

mowgli
14-12-12, 08:07 PM
sounds quite a spec if it gets running ok..

if no-one else can help, i'll see what i can do over the xmas break.

vessey
14-12-12, 09:03 PM
Ok mate cool thanks

Andy
14-12-12, 09:13 PM
is that rob's old car?

Spudly
14-12-12, 09:40 PM
Sounds like it Andy, it should run fine, as it was discovered that all of the bolts on the inlet were almost off so it was running off the alt and drawing massive amounts of air into the ports from the manifold!

Have you put fuel in it and tested spark and such, iirc rob bolted it all back up but then was too scared to fire it up again on his own so left it, then it went back to colin!

vessey
15-12-12, 06:34 PM
yeah it robs old car yeah its got fuel etc

mowgli
16-12-12, 10:55 AM
schoolboy question time..

i assume it hasn't got a cat.

does it still run enough efi stuff to still have a lambda sensor?

and have you swapped the spark plugs? cos lean running usually cooks them

vessey
16-12-12, 11:56 AM
school boy is hat i need as i havent got a glue about engines, there isnt a cat, not sure what you mean efi stuff lamba sensor is that on the exsurt? and i will get some new plugs

meritlover
16-12-12, 12:01 PM
if the old plugs spark across the gap, its unlikely to need new plugs. its a simple test.
as is pouring a teaspoon of fuel down each plug hole and attempt to start in order to diagnose if its a fuel issue or not.
if it doesnt spark and the plugs are coming out wet after lots of cranking then its a fuel issue.

do not be scared of your engine. it cannot beat you.

reevie1987
16-12-12, 12:15 PM
i would come over mate but ive made plans this weekend might be worth checking the fusers? or when mine wouldnt start it was a TDC sensor maybe could be a crank position sensor? loads of possibillitys hope you get her started