PDA

View Full Version : RIP Fester

wisewood
11-12-12, 08:39 PM
Anyone old school enough to remember Fester... we have had some very sad news.

http://announce.jpress.co.uk/?_fstatus=search;keywords=%2BSteven%20%2BJames%20% 2BJura;s_source=jpnw_lanc;source=jpnw_lanc;type=al l_memorial

A great guy.

Mark
11-12-12, 08:45 PM
Bugger!

Top fella...Thoughts go to the people he left behind.

Spudly
11-12-12, 08:50 PM
RIP dude, only met him the once, was at Billing a couple of years back, nice bloke, my thoughts are with his family!

hendrix
11-12-12, 09:21 PM
Bloody hell theres a name from the past,

RIP Fester :(

hendrix
11-12-12, 09:23 PM
was he ill?

Stuart
11-12-12, 09:32 PM
We don't know, he would vanish from our emails for a few weeks etc but we never suspected anything, and he never mentioned anything.

He was a true gent and damn fine long distance mate. If anyone has any photos of him they'd be most appreciated. Of course in 10-12 years most people have lost data :(

hendrix
11-12-12, 09:36 PM
such a shame.

I dont have any pics but remember speaking to him on here/msn in 2003ish

wisewood
11-12-12, 09:38 PM
I'll dig out my wedding reception snaps when I remember where they are. In a safe place somewhere lol. He's in a bunch of them... trashing furniture.

Just realised you shunned because you were moving house that day with Carly. Gay.

Alex
11-12-12, 09:46 PM
Gutted just doesn't cover it :(

Edited by self appointed admin.

dan16v
11-12-12, 09:49 PM
RIP fester, couple of members gone now.

Stuart
11-12-12, 09:55 PM
I'll dig out my wedding reception snaps when I remember where they are. In a safe place somewhere lol. He's in a bunch of them... trashing furniture.

Just realised you shunned because you were moving house that day with Carly. Gay.

He should be in a load from Mine and Dans civil ceremony too lol

Southie
11-12-12, 09:56 PM
Sad times, never met him so googled some of his posts... This made me chuckle RIP

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?18936-Why-are-p1ssed-people-such-fannies!&

wisewood
11-12-12, 10:10 PM
Lol @ pissed fester post.

wisewood
11-12-12, 10:13 PM
He should be in a load from Mine and Dans civil ceremony too lol

It certainly had that feel to it.

Southie
11-12-12, 10:16 PM
Lol @ pissed fester post.

You've always got to remember the good times no matter what, one day I hope someone finds a post I've made that made someone smile and a can have a giggle :)

Stuart
11-12-12, 10:17 PM
lmfao @ Going through Festers old posts.... And his Marland Baiting. If only the photo bucket links worked still lol

wisewood
11-12-12, 10:20 PM
Nobody would trawl through all the guff I've posted for something entertaining.

Good find though. I sent it to Kev. He agrees. Classic.

Spudly
11-12-12, 10:25 PM
My word that was hard work reading that one :d

Saw the pic kev put on fb but never clicked who he was, now I look again I recognise him, billing either 09 or 10, when we all went to the pub for a meal, he was sat opposite me and was more of a big kid than me iirc lol

Stuart
11-12-12, 10:29 PM
That would be 09.... my Stag Billing lol

Southie
11-12-12, 10:29 PM
Nobody would trawl through all the guff I've posted for something entertaining.

Good find though. I sent it to Kev. He agrees. Classic.
You never know though, it's nice to think someone might though isn't it ;)

Spudly
11-12-12, 10:31 PM
That would be 09.... my Stag Billing lol

Wish I'd have known him better, seemed like I would've got on really well with him!

Is that why all the old skool members/staff were there and went for the meal then?

Stuart
11-12-12, 10:39 PM
I'd like to say yeah, but thats just cheeky lol

L14MNP
11-12-12, 10:47 PM
Didn't know the lad, but I know the name.

R.I.P mate. Thoughts go to those he left behind.

(Not very often I need things putting in perspective or aren't aware of my own mortality, but I see he was only born in 1983. He was a year younger than me.) Life can certainly be a *******.

burgo
11-12-12, 11:28 PM
Tis one of the drawbacks of being a longtime member, you get to know a hell of a lot of awesome people.

RIP Fester

Alex
11-12-12, 11:35 PM
Wow Burgo (burgo90 im assuming) didn't 'self appointed admin' protest many years ago for you to be admin when you first joined?

burgo
11-12-12, 11:47 PM
Yes I am the 90 version of the burgo and not a clue, far to long ago to remember. All I know is looking back at my first posts is cringe worthy lol

kevw
12-12-12, 10:11 AM
I still can't get my head around this. He was a close friend. RIP Steve.

Stu I have loads of pics, I'll sort them out.

Kev

Jack
12-12-12, 10:15 AM
Sad news indeed. I met him at PV as well, spoke a few times on MSN too - was a great guy.

MK999
12-12-12, 10:15 AM
He was actually one of 4 members I met on the combe/trax weekend camp along with Lee, Ade and Kev... which was an awesome weekend and for me really showed the club was more about arsing around with cars :) Although Kevs Nova also showed the arsing around with cars was well worth it :d

Really nice guy and as with everyone that weekend, really welcoming.

RIP :(

edit: Actually on the mention of pics, I remember him taking a whole load of nuts/funny as **** pics on the trip down in Kev's car, Kev you might still have those around? Seems from the little I unfortunately knew him, it'd be more fitting than wedding snaps (bar the furniture trashing ones maybe lol)

peester
12-12-12, 11:36 AM
I too am in shock, recall his great personality on the forums years ago.
RIP Fester, thoughts are with family, friends.

Spudly
12-12-12, 06:30 PM
(Not very often I need things putting in perspective or aren't aware of my own mortality, but I see he was only born in 1983. He was a year younger than me.) Life can certainly be a *******.

Thats terrible, i didnt know how old he was, two years younger than me :cry:

Its a shame he has gone burgo, but look at it this way, youve met/known some amazing people on/through this place over the years, not all might still be on here, or in this case still around, i only met fester once, spoke to him maybe two or three times afterwards, but im glad i did!

Dan
12-12-12, 07:39 PM
To say i am shocked is an understatement. Many thanks to stu for letting me know. We had some great laughs over the years with fester, especially back in the days of billing when we used to group together on the mig stand and bully Kev on the dodgems for an evenings entertainment etc etc lollol. He was a genuine nice guy with a wicked sense of humour, who, as a person who randomly popped up occasionally, will be sorely missed :(

I have hunted high and low for my pics from said billing days etc but alas have come up short thus far. I'll have a proper look at the weekend when i'm not working or killing myself down the gym :).

staggy_gsi
16-12-12, 06:54 PM
I didnt know him, but remember his name from my early days on here i think.

Sad news, such a young age. RIP fella, thoughts are with family and friends.

scott.parker
18-12-12, 05:35 PM
Ahh that's right he was at the billing when kev was there, I remember I think Jim said to me do you know who this is, I was well happy to meet him as we had some very very random funny pissed up MSN conversion that some times when on till like 5am lol
He's a cracking guy, an i too couldn't get my head round it when I saw the news on kevs fb feed.

Rip dude.