PDA

View Full Version : nova c20xe rev counter flicker?

r.wadge
10-12-12, 10:57 AM
my rev counter flickers up the revs, especially when driving at high rpm, i plant the throttle and the rev counter goes all the way round before the engine has barely started responding, rarely reading the correct rpm. the engine is revving fine, just need to know where it receives the signal and what might cause it. Can understand if its a mechanical unit with the electrical connector and the gear is worn but not too sure..
Cheers in advance

Iain
10-12-12, 11:22 AM
If it's on standard management I think the revcounter is connected to the multiplug on the loom. I imagine it outputs from the ECU or from the coil but I'm not too sure.

I'd first try changing the clocks.

r.wadge
10-12-12, 01:16 PM
Ive already had a second set of clocks and it done the same, its been a progressive thing, it wasnt to bad a few months ago and its still reads correctly when idling and building up the revs, it just goes mad on the random and gets bad when i plant the throttle. Its just hesitating trying to go all the way round, it tries to stay at the correct revs and never goes under the actual rpm just over.

*Dave*
10-12-12, 09:19 PM
iv had this exact problem before ... so annoying

was a loose connection mate , trace back all connections of your rev counter wire and i can pretty much guarantee that you will find a dodgey connection.

hope this helps

r.wadge
10-12-12, 10:33 PM
.cheers mate, ivenoticed my wipers turn on when the flickering happens, ive checked connections round steering switches and wipermotor and all looks good. i dont really do electrics,any ideas where i should be checking?
thanks again

*Dave*
11-12-12, 11:25 PM
connections where the rev counter whire has been hard wired in from the c20xe loom would be a start