PDA

View Full Version : heater blower

gte-87
10-12-12, 07:48 AM
hi my heater blower on my gte is making a right noise i think this a problem must people have had is they any thing i casn do to take it apart to oil up or anything? thanks dan

tony k
10-12-12, 10:21 AM
It will more likely be the blower motor blades,mine did this as it broke a few blades on it,causing it to vibrate,oh can see the blades on one side,if so will need a new one,or could have a leafs in stuck in there,they are easy to get out just unplug the wiring,think its 2 bolts or screws,the. It just pulls off,there's a big clip on the casing of the blower motor unclip that and the top pulls off

gte-87
10-12-12, 01:09 PM
ok thanks i will have a look

Graeme
10-12-12, 01:15 PM
Mine used to do it like a bird chirping on low speeds and if you hit a big bump in the road, I tried removing and libricating with little success, ended up swapping it for another

Nova00
10-12-12, 01:26 PM
It sounds so familiar. ours been doing it for years.

Mine used to do it like a bird chirping on low speeds and if you hit a big bump in the road, I tried removing and libricating with little success, ended up swapping it for another

Graeme
10-12-12, 01:28 PM
Got a good one here for sale if anyone needs it

r.wadge
10-12-12, 01:31 PM
i had same problem, mine was making some seriously worrying noise, ended up being the motor cover had a crack and was touching the blades, took the cover off the motor and refitted the big water reflector and was fine.