PDA

View Full Version : And i'm HIT in rear.......YET again!....

Neil.
14-08-03, 11:41 PM
Yep thats right, i get smashed in the back of me car yet again, a lovely man in a M reg old style astra skids into a hyundi behind me then the hyundi goes into the back of me, oh how i love the whiplass feel AGAIN!

Saw the hyundi in my rear view mirror when we were slowing down in traffic as i do to see if they do actually stop and then it suddenly lunged forward into me, me and gf were in car, ive got head ache and she 'can see money in her eyes from a claim', not sure if she's actaully hurt.

Done same damage as before as some of u might remember. pushed boot pannel in an inch and boot doesn't lock but just catches on the lock.
Luckly my clear rear lights weren't smashed this time.

So, what do i do?.......
My car is going in the body on saturday for full respray and body kit etc, do i......

Get them to repair damage and bill the bloke,
Get them to repair damage and bill his insurance company if he aint got money.
Go all way through insurance company and have them take p!ss with it all and lose my spot for when ive booked in respray and time off work.

I am strongly going towards getting it in body shop and then just getting a reciept for it and if he doesn't cough up, sending it to insurcane company.

This is sooooooooo annoying as it so close to respray, if i wasn't having all this work doing i'd go all way through insurance company and get money out of it, but i just want my car done as many of u will know what it feels like.

Sorry about the long thred but this has just got me so stresssssssssssed!

Thanks, One very annoyed Neil :cry:

:rant:

Alex
14-08-03, 11:45 PM
speak to the bloke whos fault it was. he may pay for the work to be done. be careful as insurance companies always want to write off novas

Neil.
14-08-03, 11:48 PM
yeah i know, this same car got wrote off before coz of some old biddy went into the back of me, i cant see him turning down a reason to aviod an extra claim on his insurance.

Alex
14-08-03, 11:49 PM
unless he has no money.

Would you feel bad taking an old mans life savings :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
14-08-03, 11:50 PM
At least now than after its just come out the bodyshop.

Neil.
14-08-03, 11:52 PM
well he's about 25ish, i am getting my car done and no one is going to STOP ME! :twisted:

I mean what are the chances of this happening to me 2 days before its going to be sat in a body shop for 2 weeks not going on a road at all!!

Neil.
14-08-03, 11:53 PM
my thoughts exactly ben!

Alex
14-08-03, 11:54 PM
sorry to hear it anyway.

If your missis is really up for a claim you may have to go through insurance. you acnt just claim for her injuries if you dont claim for the car

Neil.
14-08-03, 11:57 PM
yeah i know, that y im not going to the doctors, coz i would only go if i was seriously hurt or wanted money, but i just want car done.

Tilly
14-08-03, 11:58 PM
no way cant believe that. Thank god it wasnt after respray

Alex
14-08-03, 11:59 PM
LOL good lad.

Get a quote on the extra work tommorw and just ring the bloke in the morning and go from there. he may just pay the extra (and a little more)

Neil.
15-08-03, 12:01 AM
yeah i will, got my arches booked in 2morow at 11am to have them flaired to have my shiny alloys fitted, then going to a scrap yard to find a new carriage bar as this has been bent/twisted twice! then sat my car goes in!

Anton
15-08-03, 01:18 AM
unlucky mate

?Marty?
15-08-03, 02:39 AM
Sure you wanna spend all that money on the car before you find out if it's written off or not? You will get NOTHING for it when it comes to selling up later.

Fester
15-08-03, 02:42 AM
it's already been written off marty, this would be off the record anyway so would have no odds on resale anyway

im saying 'anyway' too much

ade
15-08-03, 11:02 AM
iirc you cant write off a write off so not sure what yer insurance company would do - Afre you fully comp are TPFT?

I'd settle outside of insurance - good for him and you and if yer lucky prob find its just a bent rear panel where the lock sits - not to difficult for a body shop to pull out...

Does it drive ok?

Ade

mikeoxford
15-08-03, 04:46 PM
pisser m8

glad of your clusters though!!!

and the bumpers going in the bin anyway ;)

hope it all works out. u had a minter planned

krobinson
15-08-03, 04:50 PM
I'd break down and cry if this happened to me... I'm always looking in my rear view mirror at red lights and at roundabouts, and if anyone is coming towards me too fast i'm ready to drive on or out of the way!

This happened to by brother while i was in his corsa. An old woman smacked into us at 25mph at traffic lights as we were stopped.. pushed the car 3 car lengths over the line! She was found to be wiped out on anti-depression drugs!

I coulda killed her! My bro spent 11k on his corsa and it had to be scraped!

Keith

Neil.
15-08-03, 06:46 PM
well he said he wants to go through insurance company, and guess what, its the same company that the old woman that hit me b4 was insured with, how great is that! now going to phone them and see if they'll let me settle the damage and then send them the bill, this is so annoying!

GETTING ME WELL STRESSED!

Mark
15-08-03, 07:25 PM
Good luck !!!!

Dare-devil
15-08-03, 08:24 PM
Yeah Good luck m8. :wink:
Hope you get it all sorted, so you can get it on the road again.. :P

Neil.
16-08-03, 01:19 AM
well, My girlfriends/sisters/best friends boyfriend is a solicitor and he know me and he said he'll do my injury claim for nothing, so im claiming for whiplash, and im phoning the guys insurance company to see what they wanna do about the car, so that'll be sorted.

Fitted my wheels today, had the arch work done, been driving around in them, feel nice, look nice.

Just gotta wait and see what happens!

Mark
16-08-03, 01:20 AM
Has the car been repaired / painted yet?

Neil.
16-08-03, 01:24 AM
nah, it's going into the body shop on monday, tues at latest, if they wanna send an assor out they've got till tuesday, they aint gonna fuck up my plans. im gonna tell it to them straight.

Mark
16-08-03, 01:37 AM
Too bloody right!