PDA

View Full Version : hi! im new - and gutted

steve-o
14-08-03, 10:25 PM
could really do with some advice- rang my insurance (liv-vic) last week bout getting a 2L 16v and was quoed.

went out did a deal with my mate and the 2l is mine. have rang LV to swap insurance, only to find they wont cover me-

so now i have my dream car but unable to insure it

irang performance direct only to be quoted ?2000+

any ideas where i could try??

BTW im 22 with 4 years no claims

Cheese
14-08-03, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the site mate :)

Click the following link or see the topic at the top of the General Chat Forum titled "Novaload Links". Everything you need is in there :D

www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71305

Rick Draper
14-08-03, 10:48 PM
Try HIC insurance, you can get there number from the back of most car mags. I am 21 4 yrs no claims and own a 2ltr turbo nova and am insured with them so you shud get a good quote. Rick

Alex
14-08-03, 10:52 PM
yeah lv have recently changed their policies. i rang them up to see about a 1.6 transplant and they said ?7 extra so i did it. rang them back to confirm it and i was told no. turns out if you dont have an existing policy with them they are very strict now on engine transplants. luckily as i had an policy with them already i sorted it out eventually. (actaully it cost me nothing extra for the new engine). Try the link suggested above. loads of good companies there

steve-o
14-08-03, 10:52 PM
will give them a try tomoz, dont wanna get this close then miss out. i dont think ive ever been this gutted :(

steve-o
14-08-03, 10:57 PM
yeah lv have recently changed their policies. i rang them up to see about a 1.6 transplant and they said ?7 extra so i did it. rang them back to confirm it and i was told no. turns out if you dont have an existing policy with them they are very strict now on engine transplants. luckily as i had an policy with them already i sorted it out eventually. (actaully it cost me nothing extra for the new engine). Try the link suggested above. loads of good companies there

i do have a policy with them!! aparantly because vauxhall never made a 2l 16 v they wont insure them. and anyone who is insured with them will not be able to renew there policy

Rick Draper
14-08-03, 11:14 PM
Someone on here recond they got a letter asking them to renew there 2ltr nova and there second nova with LV :roll: :roll: Rick

burgo
14-08-03, 11:50 PM
norwich union gave me a very gd quote on me alfa try them

Ben (lurk75)
14-08-03, 11:54 PM
This happens all the time, there was a post this week about virtually the same thing.

You have got your age going for you, shouldnt be a problem getting a reasonable quote as there are a lot of others younger with the same spec and no where near 4 years NCB.

novax
15-08-03, 07:46 AM
I'm swapping my GTE engine for a 1.6 16 valve on throttle bodies, Performance direct quoted me ?27 admin. charge only. Though I am 37 years old, LOL. Does have some advantages sometimes I guess :D

Dicko
15-08-03, 10:49 AM
HIC would ne your best bet really. people gettin about ?500-?700 qoutes with similar detials

Fester
15-08-03, 10:57 AM
I was 19 when took out GTE policy with Flux, they wanted ?1300 for the year if it had a 2.0 16v in it, 2 years no claims

ade
15-08-03, 11:00 AM
so they quoted you and then declined you???

Bit sus if you ask me - Id go back through and complain

Theres several of us who has 2ltrs with LV (not me personally) - I'd be surprised if they didnt renew...

LV seem to go through phases - I personally reckon its your age thats holding them back.

gutted for ya m8 - but just work down the list in the features - you'll find someone who will

Ade

Ste_Nova
15-08-03, 11:07 AM

i do have a policy with them!! aparantly because vauxhall never made a 2l 16 v they wont insure them. and anyone who is insured with them will not be able to renew there policy

i just renewed both of my novas with LV... been with them 3 years now

Ste_Nova
15-08-03, 11:08 AM
HIC would ne your best bet really. people gettin about ?500-?700 qoutes with similar detials

till HIC is overrun with muppets claiming :lol:

Dicko
15-08-03, 11:09 AM
yup so get in soon!!!

steve-o
15-08-03, 11:26 AM
when i rang the first time i didnt know the exact details of the engine so i think they quoted me for a GTE with engine mods! when i rang up last night he told me because vauxhall never made a 2L 16 v they couldnt insure me. i asked about all the other ppl who had polocys with them , he told me they wouldnt be able to renew.

anyone have a number for HIC???

Dicko
15-08-03, 11:54 AM
0845-1290290

ask for phil newman he deals with people off MIG. you could even say your use MIG might get extra discount!!