PDA

View Full Version : FSE Boost Valve

Funkdocta
14-08-03, 07:08 PM
Aright,

I've got an old 2nd-hand Vauxhall FSE boost valve I can't rem where I got from but it hasn't got any fitting instructions, how do I fit mine? Also when it's fitted do u do up (clockwise) the adjuster to increase the fuel pressure or uncrew it (anti clockwise)? Is it as simple as that or can you make the performance worse if I get it wrong? Does anyone know where I can get diagrams or pics on how to fit and tune one??

Cheeearz

mikeyredtop
14-08-03, 11:57 PM
ive just put one on mine, there are arrows on the valve to help u and its clockwise but only a quarter turn at most or too much pressure will blow pipes.

novax
15-08-03, 09:53 AM
Well I'm not sure you'll blow the pipes, might leak a little if the clips aren't tight tho. Anyway, a boost valve needs setting au with a fuel pressure guage and only needs to be a fraction above normal. If you can't set it with a guage how will you know if you're lean or rich. If your car is a late one with lambda, then you're wasting your time anyway as the ECU will just reduce the pulsetime to the injectors.

What you really need is a good quality fixed pressure regulator like the one in Total Vauxhall this month. Having said that fitting is easy for the FSE, fit the adaptor to the fuel rail and make sure you get the arrows the right way round.

Dicko
15-08-03, 01:11 PM
yep you ned to know what presure your runing at. if you have lambda the only benefit with be the throttle response.