PDA

View Full Version : Brightest white

skud52
06-12-12, 02:14 PM
Looking at options for respray, any ideas what the brightest white is? Cars glacier white atm but it needs to be brighter.

Tried ford frozen white on a patch on the bonnet, but wasnt that keen.

Suggestions??

Cheers, Ben

Spudly
06-12-12, 04:23 PM
Cant see how youre not keen on frozen white, its about the brightest white i know of, and looks ace (obviously that can depend on the car its applied to) but if its going on a nova i think it would look :cool:

Jack
06-12-12, 04:59 PM
Frozen white has a sh!tload of blue in it, in practice it actually looks darker than the white on my cav - and thats creamier than the glacier I used on the wheels lol

Toyota Super White 2 is pretty bright. But tbh all manufacturer paints tend to have other colours blended in, so the only way to get a true white white I guess would be to get a base white colour from a paint supplier with nothing mixed in.

skud52
06-12-12, 05:34 PM
Yea the frozen white is far to blue. Think i might have to see what the paint supplier say tomorrow, maybe get a pure white base and clear coat it after?

Southie
06-12-12, 05:39 PM
I've heard that Honda NSX white is very bright, never seen how bright though.

Mike
06-12-12, 05:53 PM
Honda Championship White

Benn
06-12-12, 05:57 PM
Don't mess about. If you want proper bright white, use a non tinted white, straight off the paint scheme. PPG its 700. Straight white is the purest white you can get.

If i was gonna paint anything white it's what id do, as every other white will look dirty compared to it.

Southie
06-12-12, 06:00 PM
Honda Championship White

Is that what's on a NSX?

novacabrio
06-12-12, 06:38 PM
Land rover fuji white

MK999
06-12-12, 06:49 PM
Is that what's on a NSX?

Will be yeah, there's 2 codes/sets of codes for it though, one is very very yellow.

off the top of my head I believe NH1 might be the code/partial code for the pure white?

If you want a bright 'ice' looking white the modern BMW pearls are worth a look too, they actually have a slight blue pearlescent to them in the light that sort of 'highlights' the sharper lines... hard to explain.

Nick J
06-12-12, 07:33 PM
Don't mess about. If you want proper bright white, use a non tinted white, straight off the paint scheme. PPG its 700. Straight white is the purest white you can get.

If i was gonna paint anything white it's what id do, as every other white will look dirty compared to it.

The thing is using just one white tinter like that could leave the car appearing more fluorescent than bright as Ive seen something similar before and it looked awful. Also single tinters alone can have very low opacitys making it a pain to match/repair later on.

Will be yeah, there's 2 codes/sets of codes for it though, one is very very yellow.

off the top of my head I believe NH1 might be the code/partial code for the pure white?

If you want a bright 'ice' looking white the modern BMW pearls are worth a look too, they actually have a slight blue pearlescent to them in the light that sort of 'highlights' the sharper lines... hard to explain.

The colour you speak of is A96 mineral white and it is in short a complete ballache. We cant even mix it and have to buy it in from bmw at great cost. Plus Its one hell of a nitemare to work with along with the technical guys we've tried many methods of applications/undercoats and it comes out different everytime. A side on an m3 ended up a full respray! Everytime I see one roll up for work I start counting my remaining holidays!! lol.

Nick.

skud52
06-12-12, 07:35 PM
Sound cheers for the input guys. We'll see what i come out with 2moro!!

MK999
06-12-12, 07:38 PM
The colour you speak of is A96 mineral white . And it is in short a complete ballache. We cant even mix it and have to buy it in from bmw at great cost. Plus Its one hell of a nitemare to work with. Along with the technical guys we've tried many methods of applications and it comes out different everytime. A side on an m3 ended up a full respray! Everytime I see one roll up for work I start counting my remaining holidays!! lol.

Nick.

Looks nice though! How much to do an E34? lol

Nick J
06-12-12, 07:43 PM
Looks nice though! How much to do an E34? lol

Sure does!...............win the lottery and we can talk! lol

Nick.

MK999
06-12-12, 07:44 PM
You know it'd be a whole fleet of mustard yellow machines really, if I won the lottery :d

Mike
06-12-12, 08:04 PM
Is that what's on a NSX?

Its a standard colour avaliable on all Honda Type R's. Wether it be Civic, Integra, NSX-R etc etc.

steviegsi
06-12-12, 09:28 PM
How about the whites on either the new Mercs or Audis... Both of those are quite bright although probably the same sort of stuff on the BMWs (??)

Edit- just remembered a Nova from Total Vauxhall years ago, the owner of which wanted the brightest white and went for the white used on ambulances iirc.

Benn
06-12-12, 09:33 PM
The thing is using just one white tinter like that could leave the car appearing more fluorescent than bright as Ive seen something similar before and it looked awful. Also single tinters alone can have very low opacitys making it a pain to match/repair later on.
Nick.

I've only seen one car done like it and it was bright white, Like fresh snow in the sun hurt your eyes white. I thought it looked great cause when you compare any other white to it it just looks dull and dirty.
Didn't think about repair and such tho.

Rydoc
07-12-12, 08:15 AM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac229/ryandocherty/43DFEFD8-07AC-4AFD-B2C1-AAFB66C5D511-2792-0000012425055435.jpg
Good old vauxhall white does it gahaha

Iain
07-12-12, 11:46 AM
You know it'd be a whole fleet of mustard yellow machines really, if I won the lottery :d

They do say money can't buy taste.

skyinsurance
07-12-12, 12:30 PM
Have a look at the Pearl white Toyota use on the new '86, it's not that bright but it is stunning

Ollie

Benn
07-12-12, 01:34 PM
They do say money can't buy taste.

Bbbwwwmmmhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Burn!

L14MNP
07-12-12, 08:03 PM
Anyone suggested Audi Ibbis (sp)/VW Candy White?
That's about the brightest that was around in 2011. Range Rover white looks very bright too.

mowgli
07-12-12, 08:49 PM
surely plain white as used on commercial vehicles(and ambulances) with a load of lacquer and some serious polishing would be dazzling

Tony M
08-12-12, 11:02 AM
What about the Vauxhall glacier white?

CorsaBBoomer
08-12-12, 11:35 AM
Also a thing hat helps white pop out brighter is what's beneath it ;)

Just use plain white without mixing any other colour in (like Bianco Polo from Ferrari has blue and black in)... Glacier white has yellow and black according the Glasurit mixer if I have a good memory :tard:

L14MNP
08-12-12, 12:38 PM
What about the Vauxhall glacier white?

About as 'white' as Honda Championship.

Benn
08-12-12, 09:29 PM
Just use plain white without mixing any other colour in (like Bianco Polo from Ferrari has blue and black in)... Glacier white has yellow and black according the Glasurit mixer if I have a good memory :tard:

Yes it does, Plain white is what i was on about as it's an untinted colour.