PDA

View Full Version : ReSpray

dikharvey
14-08-03, 03:50 PM
I am about to spray my whole car.

I need a compressor, any suggestion on what to look for in one of those?

Paint obviously, silk violet (think i will need laquer as well?). How much paint will i need?

Whats this deal with thinners? How do i use them and what do they do?

Any instruction or guides would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

burgo
14-08-03, 04:01 PM
no offence m8 but if u dont kno ne of that u sure you wanna do it yaself especially once youve bought it all u could of paid a pro to do it

?Marty?
14-08-03, 04:52 PM
Most items can be rented, but you need to think about thngs like where you're going to do it.

With all the work involved, and what it would still cost you, i'd just go to a bodyshop.

See ADE'S guide at the top of this page for the info you need.

novaexplod
15-08-03, 11:24 AM
you need a compressor with so much horse power and a certain litre size for it to work n ull need a gargage or summet that is dust free and totally clean.

geordie_racer
15-08-03, 11:51 PM
ne decent paint supply shop will b able 2 give u all the info u need n mor. as 4 a compresser go 2 sum where like hss 2 hire 1, also make sure u get a metal spray gun as a plastic 1 will shatter

Dave
16-08-03, 12:04 AM
if i were you i'd go to a bodyshop say you'll do all the prep work an supply the paint then ask them how much, not bein funny but if you've had no previous car sprayin experience then unless you're very lucky wouldn't turn out that good, got to a pro an see what they say

geordie_racer
16-08-03, 01:29 AM
id disagree coz good paint jobs are probably 25% spraying ability n 75% in the prep work so if ur good at preping cars then do it

Mark
16-08-03, 01:49 AM
Why risk your pride and joy by having to re-do your paintwork if you get it wrong!
At least done professionally you can take it back if it's c**p!

geordie_racer
16-08-03, 01:56 AM
yeah but sum people like me want to do evrithing themselves when it comes to modding cars this includes painting them