PDA

View Full Version : Do I Need Side Indicators

Rza_2002
14-08-03, 02:54 PM
Looking To Facelift My MK1 Nova And Was Wondering If I Have To Fit Side Indicators, As It Would Look Much Better Flushed, Just Wanna Check The Law Out First..
.David.

mmollart
14-08-03, 03:36 PM
my car passed mot fine without them
go for it

dikharvey
14-08-03, 03:47 PM
you dont need them if your car wasnt fitted with them, all nova made upto september 85 came with out the so you would be ok, else is shoud fail the MOT.

Rza_2002
14-08-03, 03:59 PM
1990 SR MK1 .... got the side repeaters under the bonnet ... but there aint a space for them on the wings, so maybe i'll change the wings and leave them off

Chris LR
14-08-03, 05:39 PM
As already said you'll need em if they were fitted.

It's small things like that, that could invalidate insurance and Fail MOTs if they're in a picky mood. (which insurance companys always are)

However....

My Latest thought is a radio transmitter under the bonnet and a reciever for example under the centre cap of an SR 3spoke. You could build a battery pack and combine it with a reciever to power a bulb mounted on the cap itself.

It would require a bit of work, but wouldn't be too expensive, just raid a couple of kiddys R/C Cars. How cool would it be?

Jim
14-08-03, 05:44 PM
If there are no side indicators on the car (whether they came with them originally or not) the *MOT centre shouldn't fail you, especially if you are getting a MK2 front end as the Mk2 indicators curve round the body far enough to be visable from the side.

You will get a fail if you have indicators (or any other light on the vehicle) that don't work.

Jim

*Depends on the MOT centre. Some might not accept it, some might.

greg00uk
15-08-03, 11:12 AM
My project at the mo has had its front indicators removed and the side repeaters.

All i did was get some Merc style wing mirrors, and mount some indicators in the front bumper behind mesh!!!!

looks smooth

steve-o
15-08-03, 03:18 PM
mine went throught with out (mk1) cos the woman was stupid!! but technically anything over a B reg needs them. all my mates got busted and had to fit inidcators to pass the MOT