PDA

View Full Version : Tuning an Sri

moffat sri
13-08-03, 09:08 PM
Anyone know if the Airbox mod for the GSI/GTE will work as well on a SRI? Is the Airbox the same, as my SRI had an induction kit on it when i got it so i don't know if there's any difference between the airboxes?

Also, my car has a Powerflow Cat-back system on it and a "Green" induction kit (or modded airbox if i find one and it works), would a FSE Power boost valve make any difference or not 'cos i've heard they only work on higher tuned engines.

Cheers for any info.

Aragorn
13-08-03, 11:02 PM
boost valve wont gain u any power since any extra fuel it adds will be compensated by the ECU

BUT it responds faster to drops in fuel rail pressure (ie the kinda drops caused by you flooring it) so will "seem" faster in accelleration and should have better throttle response throught the rev range

airbox mod will work the same with sri although the sri airbox is different to the E16SE one (theres no AFM)

might also wanna look at a decat pipe as good gains are supposedly had by decatting

Dicko
14-08-03, 12:23 AM
loose the cat you wont regret it !!!

mikeyredtop
14-08-03, 02:35 AM
ive got a fse boost valve, k&n, kent cam, janspeed 4 branch an staight thru janspeed exhaust. no cat. true about the fse power boost valve not adding power but it made it run better/smoother..

i run with my lambda sensor unpluged as manifold didnt have thread and not bothered to make one.

Dicko
14-08-03, 09:57 AM
having no lambda will make it overfuel and also not kick back the ecu due to fitting the fse. i bet your engine is runing extremely rich!! also cant see it passing the MOT like that!! you can get a nut and weld it onto the manifold then screw the lambda into that!!

mikeyredtop
15-08-03, 12:05 AM
i'm in the process of doing the nut thing. although it is running rich and ecu light comes on now an again. regards mot, emmisions arnt a problem where i get it done they know me and dont care, as long as its not dangerous obviously.

novax
15-08-03, 10:11 AM
Everything Dicko said.

Read this set of pages on our website if your interested.

www.vaux-md.net/injection/injec-intro.htm

Dicko
15-08-03, 12:27 PM
you will be using 20-30% more fuel than you need, also not doing the engine a world of good!!

i made a manual lambda sensor to pass my mot, got 5% where the max limit is 3.5%, fitted my little device and got 2.3%. was just a temporary measure as i was fitting the 16v the week after MOT

do you have a lambda? i can get these at a good price!

mikeyredtop
16-08-03, 12:03 PM
it is running quite rich, but when i get the lamda sensor put back on the centre section it should be fine. i didnt wanna put in on the 160 quid manifold in case i fucked it up. the centre section is only ?3.80!!! just purchased a ported head and matched throttle body should be a bit quicker then...

Aragorn
16-08-03, 06:35 PM
u wont be able to run a stanadrd nova lambda probe in the center section

the lambda needs to be at summat like 500 degrees C to operate and the only place it gets that hot is at the manifold

so either place it there or you'll need to find a heated probe from a newer car and utilise that

Dicko
17-08-03, 12:29 AM
this is true

get a 3-wire unit off a corsa gsi and wire the heater +ve conector to your red/blue fuel relay wire!!!

if you have any problems tracking 1 of these down i can get them for ?30 (well a better 4 wire version)

mikeyredtop
17-08-03, 01:19 PM
when u say 3 wire unit ive got a new 3 wire lamda not sure what car its off its got 2 white and 1 black.
is that what u mean when u say 3 wire unit?